• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Liberty Bowl: Mississippi State (6-6) vs Rice (10-3)

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Liberty Bowl MVP

[ame]http://twitter.com/MikeBBonner/status/418175550100742144[/ame]

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same to you and yours Wallace. Got lot of Ribs on the cooker and about 5 bottles of Crown Royal that have been aging in my personal cabinet for 15 years. This is a yearly thing that I started about 20 years ago, buy 5 bottles and save them for 15 years on top of what its supposedly aged by CR. Always goes down smooth.

Took some personal restraint to not break the seals before now, but its always worth it.

Like the idea, but who was the Bama coach that drove ya ta drink starting 20 years ago?

LINK?...:laugh3: :suds:

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aging process stops once the Whisky leaves the barrel it won't taste any different than if you had opened them the day you bought them in fact might be slightly flatter but not too noticeable if unopened.

Always seems to be just right, i had never heard the aging stops, but that comes in handy cause now i got about 75 bottles more i can drink real soon:lol:

Gonna look for some high dollar stuff for next years party, anyone got some suggestions?

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always seems to be just right, i had never heard the aging stops, but that comes in handy cause now i got about 75 bottles more i can drink real soon:lol:

Gonna look for some high dollar stuff for next years party, anyone got some suggestions?
Enjoy!

18 year Glenlivet is phenomenal
Woodford Reserve is my fav

Those are quality and economical.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like the idea, but who was the Bama coach that drove ya ta drink starting 20 years ago?

LINK?...:laugh3: :suds:

Wasnt a coach, it was a horrible bitch i used to be married to. I fixed that problem and now i just get to drink to forget her.:yahoo:

Here's to a safe New years eve and New Years day to all hooplans, no matter who you pull for:suds:

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasnt a coach, it was a horrible bitch i used to be married to. I fixed that problem and now i just get to drink to forget her.:yahoo:

Here's to a safe New years eve and New Years day to all hooplans, no matter who you pull for:suds:

:suds: to that.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the aging stops. The barrel is what gives the whiskey it's flavor and color. I'm not sure what good or bad aging would have on whiskey, but I'm sure it still ages somehow over time. It's just not going to be gaining any flavor from the barrel is all.

It's clear when it goes in, then it soaks into the wood and comes back out as the temperatures rise and fall. That turns it brown over time and gives it flavor.

I recommend taking a tour of the Jack Daniels Distillery sometime.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the aging stops. The barrel is what gives the whiskey it's flavor and color. I'm not sure what good or bad aging would have on whiskey, but I'm sure it still ages somehow over time. It's just not going to be gaining any flavor from the barrel is all.

It's clear when it goes in, then it soaks into the wood and comes back out as the temperatures rise and fall. That turns it brown over time and gives it flavor.

I recommend taking a tour of the Jack Daniels Distillery sometime.

Did that once, but I was a bit drunk when I did it:whistle:

Might look further into it, i got the idea from a family friend who had done it for years and he swore it continued to age and get smoother.

I met a guy when i was in NC who has connections in the mountains and can get some top notch shine. Gonna get in touch with him soon cause all this talk of shine has me wanting some apple pie and cherry shine.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As whisky ceases aging after it is bottled, its complexion can change as there is no such thing as a positive seal. Some seals ( by luck ) are better than others ( e. g., two of the same cork in identical bottles ). By not having a positive seal, whisky over time becomes oxidized thus changing the character of the contents. Oxidation is the enemy as alcohol evaporates quicker than water. R. J. S. McDowall sums it perfectly. Professor McDowall states that this process changes the whisky in such a way that it "brandifies". But this process takes many years to happen. If you would like to test this theory but not wait years to find out the affects, pour a dram of Scotch in a tulip shaped glass, and let it sit overnight uncovered on the kitchen counter. When you wake the next morning, pour an identical dram from the same bottle in the same type of glass and then nose the two side-by-side. You will see a noticeable difference when nosed side-by-side. Then taste the two. Taste the freshly poured dram and swirl it around in your mouth and slowly swallow. Cleanse the palate with a piece of dark chocolate chased by some spring water. Then taste the dram that sat overnight. You will find that this dram to be more gentle as most of the harsher alcohols evaporated overnight. This is a "quick and dirty" way to experiment what oxidation does to a dram.

Pulled from a whiskey site FYI

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As whisky ceases aging after it is bottled, its complexion can change as there is no such thing as a positive seal. Some seals ( by luck ) are better than others ( e. g., two of the same cork in identical bottles ). By not having a positive seal, whisky over time becomes oxidized thus changing the character of the contents. Oxidation is the enemy as alcohol evaporates quicker than water. R. J. S. McDowall sums it perfectly. Professor McDowall states that this process changes the whisky in such a way that it "brandifies". But this process takes many years to happen. If you would like to test this theory but not wait years to find out the affects, pour a dram of Scotch in a tulip shaped glass, and let it sit overnight uncovered on the kitchen counter. When you wake the next morning, pour an identical dram from the same bottle in the same type of glass and then nose the two side-by-side. You will see a noticeable difference when nosed side-by-side. Then taste the two. Taste the freshly poured dram and swirl it around in your mouth and slowly swallow. Cleanse the palate with a piece of dark chocolate chased by some spring water. Then taste the dram that sat overnight. You will find that this dram to be more gentle as most of the harsher alcohols evaporated overnight. This is a "quick and dirty" way to experiment what oxidation does to a dram.

Pulled from a whiskey site FYI

Older aging or not, it sure is going down smooth.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder why anyone wanted to put Rice against Miss State; a team that is much bigger and has more talent. Bad match.