• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Letter to Romo from ex teammate

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brilliant........I guess ignorance is bliss

Romo has a career 65.3% Completion Percentage........tied for 4th in the history of the NFL........
He's tied with that little known QB ......Peyton Manning

Romo has a 97.3 Passer Rating........ranked 3rd in the history of the NFL .....(8 seasons in the top 10)

4 Pro Bowls

Romo has 30 Game Winning Drives ...ranked 16th in the history of the NFL
(Staubach had 23 game winning drives...ranked tied for 38th)

Romo has 25.. 4th Quarter Comebacks ...ranked 14th in the history of the NFL
(Aikman is tied for 51st) (Staubach is tied for 60th)
Staubach was Captain Comeback..what does that make Romo?

Romo has virtually all the DALLAS COWBOY passing records.......

And I'm not saying Romo is the best COWBOY QB of all time.......so save it

But it would be interesting, to pair Romo, with the 70's and 90's COWBOY'S team ,GM,s and coaching staffs.
Can you imagine pairing, the 2014 COWBOY'S offense, with the Doomsday defense or the '93 COWBOY'S defense?
The 2014 offense wasn't better than the 1993 offense. Go back and watch tape from that era of Aikman getting destroyed for 12 sacks by Philly, or Irvin getting smacked after a reception. If they had today's flag football rules in 1993, the passing game would have been as all time great as the running game was

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2014 offense wasn't better than the 1993 offense. Go back and watch tape from that era of Aikman getting destroyed for 12 sacks by Philly, or Irvin getting smacked after a reception. If they had today's flag football rules in 1993, the passing game would have been as all time great as the running game was

Where did I say the 2014 COWBOYS offense was better than the 1993 COWBOYS offense? I merely stated that if you put the 2014 COWBOYS offense with the number 1 defense in the league in 1993, the 2014 Romo led offense would have had a Super Bowl championship or championships.......(or paired with the 1970's DOOMSDAY DEFENSE.)

And as far as the pass defense rules go......The 5 yard limit on contact with WRs was created in 1978.

And the 2014 and 1993 offenses were very similar.........They both ran the ball about 52% of the time.

in regular season.....
EMMITT had 1486 yards rushing 414 yards receiving....Murray 1845....416 yards receiving

Aikman 3100 yards passing.69.1% CP........Romo 3700 yards passing....69.9% CP

2014 COWBOY'S offense scored 467 points
1993 COWBOY'S offense scored 367 points

The 2014 DALLAS COWBOY'S defense gave up 352 points and 5681 yards in the regular season
The 1993 DALLAS COWBOY'S defense gave up 229 points and 4767 yards in the regular season

and then we could talk about coaching staffs

You might want to cut Romo some slack

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did I say the 2014 COWBOYS offense was better than the 1993 COWBOYS offense? I merely stated that if you put the 2014 COWBOYS offense with the number 1 defense in the league in 1993, the 2014 Romo led offense would have had a Super Bowl championship or championships.......(or paired with the 1970's DOOMSDAY DEFENSE.)

And as far as the pass defense rules go......The 5 yard limit on contact with WRs was created in 1978.

And the 2014 and 1993 offenses were very similar.........They both ran the ball about 52% of the time.

in regular season.....
EMMITT had 1486 yards rushing 414 yards receiving....Murray 1845....416 yards receiving

Aikman 3100 yards passing.69.1% CP........Romo 3700 yards passing....69.9% CP

2014 COWBOY'S offense scored 467 points
1993 COWBOY'S offense scored 367 points

The 2014 DALLAS COWBOY'S defense gave up 352 points and 5681 yards in the regular season
The 1993 DALLAS COWBOY'S defense gave up 229 points and 4767 yards in the regular season

and then we could talk about coaching staffs

You might want to cut Romo some slack
I'm just gonna say, you cannot compare the two teams or the players do to how different the rules are.

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just gonna say, you cannot compare the two teams or the players do to how different the rules are.

OK ....by your rules.........not mine

comparing PRESENT DAY QBs...... in the SAME ERA

Romo, in this era of QBs, is better in career completion percentage than the 30 other starting present day QBs other than Drew Bress. Romo is number two.......

Romo, in passer rating, compared to present day QBs, ranks 3rd.....behind Rogers and Wilson (64 games played)

In 4th Quarter Comebacks and Game winning drives........5th

and in 4th Quarter passer rating, since 2006.......Romo ranks number ONE........102.7 passer rating

in the final two minutes of a game, since 2006.....he has a passer rating of 93.1.........first in the NFl

No qualified GM...No Jimmy Johnson.......No Tom Landry......No Norv Turner......No complete team, surrounding Tony Romo

as I said before........Romo deserves extreme respect.......

He never got to drive a Ferrari like Aikman and Staubach

Last edited:

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK ....by your rules.........not mine

comparing PRESENT DAY QBs...... in the SAME ERA

Romo, in this era of QBs, is better in career completion percentage than the 30 other starting present day QBs other than Drew Bress. Romo is number two.......

Romo, in passer rating, compared to present day QBs, ranks 3rd.....behind Rogers and Wilson (64 games played)

In 4th Quarter Comebacks and Game winning drives........5th

and in 4th Quarter passer rating, since 2006.......Romo ranks number ONE........102.7 passer rating

in the final two minutes of a game, since 2006.....he has a passer rating of 93.1.........first in the NFl

No qualified GM...No Jimmy Johnson.......No Tom Landry......No Norv Turner......No complete team, surrounding Tony Romo

as I said before........Romo deserves extreme respect.......

He never got to drive a Ferrari like Aikman and Staubach
You're barking up the wrong tree. I am and always have been a Romo fan. I was calling for him to be drafted. Problem is even if you simply time traveled Romo back or Roger or Troy forward there's no guarantee of success. Do I think all would be good NFL QBs yes, but I won't guarantee it. You're being outlandish saying Romo is better on stats alone compared to 20 and 35 years ago.

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'm not saying Romo is the best COWBOY QB of all time

I believe that was from my original response

You're being outlandish saying Romo is better on stats alone compared to 20 and 35 years ago.

my last post was comparing stats of present day QBs.

But I do agree.......In this era, with this GM, coaching staff , it would not guarantee a Hall of Fame career for Aikman or Staubach (if they played for these current Romo era teams).....But I do think Romo would be a Super Bowl Champion, if things were reversed. (of course ....my opinion)

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe that was from my original response

my last post was comparing stats of present day QBs.

But I do agree.......In this era, with this GM, coaching staff , it would not guarantee a Hall of Fame career for Aikman or Staubach (if they played for these current Romo era teams).....But I do think Romo would be a Super Bowl Champion, if things were reversed. (of course ....my opinion)
But your still trying to compare him to the past by your ending. I have always said and I really do see Romo as a SB capable QB. He never had a complete team a r ound him, he had some offensive but never great O talent until now that he's way past his prime. Plus the team D has been average to below average his whole career. I understand what you're saying about Romo but we don't know how he'd play if the D was allowed to tee off on him. Gotta remember Roger and Troy played when QB''s weren't protected.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're barking up the wrong tree. I am and always have been a Romo fan. I was calling for him to be drafted. Problem is even if you simply time traveled Romo back or Roger or Troy forward there's no guarantee of success. Do I think all would be good NFL QBs yes, but I won't guarantee it. You're being outlandish saying Romo is better on stats alone compared to 20 and 35 years ago.
Really?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But your still trying to compare him to the past by your ending. I have always said and I really do see Romo as a SB capable QB. He never had a complete team a r ound him, he had some offensive but never great O talent until now that he's way past his prime. Plus the team D has been average to below average his whole career. I understand what you're saying about Romo but we don't know how he'd play if the D was allowed to tee off on him. Gotta remember Roger and Troy played when QB''s weren't protected.
Exactly. I love Romo, but lets be honest, if he were taking all the shots a guy like Aikman took(with just as good an OL), he'd have been retired at 31-32 at the most. That's not conjecture, that's a fact

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo has never really been given the respect he deserves, I have never been a Cowboys fan and I never will be. But I have always been a Romo fan. Dammit, I must be drink admitting this!

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo has never really been given the respect he deserves, I have never been a Cowboys fan and I never will be. But I have always been a Romo fan. Dammit, I must be drink admitting this!
Two years ago, when the Cowboys lost to Green Bay in the playoffs, I believe the only two QB's who played at a higher level all year were Rodgers and Brady

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Really. I read up in him and wanted him badly as the Cowboys QB.
I think I was right about Romo but on the other hand I was certain Leaf would be better than Payton.
Wow. I never heard anyone say that before. Especially since the buildup to the draft and knowledge of marginal players was nothing at all like what it is today. I don't think I had ever heard the name Romo until I saw him in a preseason game.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. I never heard anyone say that before. Especially since the buildup to the draft and knowledge of marginal players was nothing at all like what it is today. I don't think I had ever heard the name Romo until I saw him in a preseason game.
I caught an article on him being a sleeper from b a small school. Searched a few other articles and almost everything was positive. I can't remember all but one thing most articles said is he'd be a mid round pick if he were at a larger school. I was pissed after the draft, until he signed as a FA.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of saying if Romo is one of the greatest, as the article says, there are/have been very few Cowboy players to choose from.

I think Romo is average at best, maybe above for a year or two. Dude really didn't bring any hardware home.

Put Marino in the category as average at best too. :rolleyes2:

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swear I used to think he was a Punter. He would stand on the sideline with his helmet in his hand and always had this damn smile on his face, almost like he knew he was better than whatever crap we were playing at QB. Then came the preseason of 06. I wasn't really a fan of preseason but I wanted to see Demarcus Ware. Parcels played Romo the entire game I think. I still never thought Bill would go away from his guy Drew, but he did. Weird thing about that preseason game- it was in Seattle . He will have some stories about that place.

The game that sticks in my mind most was preseason in Shreveport 2006.