• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lets trade Briere!

TimKerrRules#12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
For the assholes that actually believe that he should be traded, after all that he does in the playoffs, what explanation do u have?????

I still read post about him being traded wtf man!:think:

Yes he does suck at D, but what about his fucking 30 points in 1 playoff year, and body of work in the playoffs, please I dare someone to oppose me right now, it would be like a NJ devil fan in Phillly, what happens there fellas.

Last edited by a moderator:

TimKerrRules#12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah Briere has 1 of the best points per game average in the playoffs, if he isnt lifting the cup with the Flyers who the FUCK WILL. Please tell me who, Suter at 7.9 mill, Huet at 5.9 mill, Drury at 7.1 mill, Gomez at 7.5 mill, wake the fuck up some of u Philly fans, free agency is a bitch, but Timmonen and Briere are well worth it.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the assholes that actually believe that he should be traded, after all that he does in the playoffs, what explanation do u have?????

I still read post about him being traded wtf man!:think:

Yes he does suck at D, but what about his fucking 30 points in 1 playoff year, and body of work in the playoffs, please I dare someone to oppose me right now, it would be like a NJ devil fan in Phillly, what happens there fellas.

Lol. TK are you drunk? What is this all about? I have not read a thread in awhile in regard to Briere being traded. I was one of the Briere haters on here, but I retracted long ago. Still hate the contract, but have not said anything of late.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. TK are you drunk? What is this all about? I have not read a thread in awhile in regard to Briere being traded. I was one of the Briere haters on here, but I retracted long ago. Still hate the contract, but have not said anything of late.

prolly drunk :p

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll go with drunk at 5am too. :rolleyes:

Yes, DB is money in the playoffs, but does the laziness he displays ALL season long outweigh all of his playoff positives??

I used to think it did, but I'm not so sure now.. Fact is that for the money hes raking in I'd rather have a younger/hungrier version in his place.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take him in a heartbeat. Just not sure what I'd give up.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd trade him in a second, his cap hit is too big for his overall production, he plays smaller then he is, he is a a HUGE defensive liability, he loses way too many key face-offs and now he should slot in as the 4th best option at C we have behing G, Schenn & Cooter. Plus we'd get a decent return for him cause he is so money in the playoffs, you know when he's surrounded by good players who play all the hard areas for him and allow him to do dipsy dos around the net.

The 30 pts in one playoff run is such a ridiculous arguement because the Flyers had 3 lines that were scoring and it was a match-up nightmare for other teams, plus games were averaging 6-7 goals between the 2 teams. I don't think Leino and Harts get anywhere near enough credit for DB's success that year either.

So in conclusion Fuck DB he's expendable.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TKerr, you should take Poile out drinking with you - get him good and soused, then talk him into Briere for Weber straight up.

TimKerrRules#12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd trade him in a second, his cap hit is too big for his overall production, he plays smaller then he is, he is a a HUGE defensive liability, he loses way too many key face-offs and now he should slot in as the 4th best option at C we have behing G, Schenn & Cooter. Plus we'd get a decent return for him cause he is so money in the playoffs, you know when he's surrounded by good players who play all the hard areas for him and allow him to do dipsy dos around the net.

The 30 pts in one playoff run is such a ridiculous arguement because the Flyers had 3 lines that were scoring and it was a match-up nightmare for other teams, plus games were averaging 6-7 goals between the 2 teams. I don't think Leino and Harts get anywhere near enough credit for DB's success that year either.

So in conclusion Fuck DB he's expendable.

The 30 points is 1 year is ridiculous, what about all the other years with around 20 points? Even before he came to Philly and in Buff, can we give Leino and Harts that credit to?

He cannot be traded in order for Phillly to win a cup right now.

He does also take fucking stupid penalties, this kid Danny has huge flaws, but that upside/switch he has come April is....... You dont make playoff performers expendable, sorrry do better than that

TimKerrRules#12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
TKerr, you should take Poile out drinking with you - get him good and soused, then talk him into Briere for Weber straight up.

Fuck I wish Pronger wasn't gone, Weber has to be priority #1 coming up. Suter isn't good enough to replace Prongs, but Weber is, wait until after this year, he is a ufa along with Getzlaf/Perry. #Capspace is huge next year.

Patience my Flyers brothers. Its coming, they try tooo hard Philly does, I like the approach right now, not much happening. Also I would not trade Vorachek and Read for Ryan.

TimKerrRules#12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Don't know what u have till it's gone, without Briere in the playoffs.......what, he should be traded though right, fuck offf alll the haters

Lets Trade Umberger again for a 1st, then trade that for Eminger, ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????WTF any explanations for this to, and if Briere gets traded I'm done, I will stop watching hockey, but still find out the score though:party:

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danny Briere has more points then ANYONE in the PLAYOFFS since the lockout.
He earns every penny

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should be shifted to the wing. You have other quality centers as was stated, and he doesn't really fit the characteristics of a quality center. His speed could be better utilized along the boards in my opinion. Or I could be completely wrong, I dunno.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should be shifted to the wing. You have other quality centers as was stated, and he doesn't really fit the characteristics of a quality center. His speed could be better utilized along the boards in my opinion. Or I could be completely wrong, I dunno.

on paper you're 100% correct.. but for some reason when he has been moved to wing in the past, it hasn't really worked out well

i for one would love to see him on G's wing.. i think a hartnell.giroux/briere line, with briere and G kinda playing that rotating center thing that G and carter did a few years back, would be awesome.. briere has shown great chemistry with both players

probably wont happen, but i'd like to see it.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck I wish Pronger wasn't gone, Weber has to be priority #1 coming up. Suter isn't good enough to replace Prongs, but Weber is, wait until after this year, he is a ufa along with Getzlaf/Perry. #Capspace is huge next year.

Patience my Flyers brothers. Its coming, they try tooo hard Philly does, I like the approach right now, not much happening. Also I would not trade Vorachek and Read for Ryan.

Chris coming back @ 100% would have really changed the outlook for this year, imo.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know what u have till it's gone, without Briere in the playoffs.......what, he should be traded though right, fuck offf alll the haters

Lets Trade Umberger again for a 1st, then trade that for Eminger, ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????WTF any explanations for this to, and if Briere gets traded I'm done, I will stop watching hockey, but still find out the score though:party:

Horrible trade. I'd rather have Umberger over Briere any day of the week, not cause he's nessecarily a better player on paper but the dude never takes a shift off.

On a side note I'm wondering how many more games Briere has actually played vs the rest of the league in the playoffs since the lockout. There are tons of highly skilled players that don't make it past the 1st round so being on the Flyers(who've had some deep runs) definitely give Briere a slight edge in time to be able to produce.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horrible trade. I'd rather have Umberger over Briere any day of the week, not cause he's nessecarily a better player on paper but the dude never takes a shift off.

On a side note I'm wondering how many more games Briere has actually played vs the rest of the league in the playoffs since the lockout. There are tons of highly skilled players that don't make it past the 1st round so being on the Flyers(who've had some deep runs) definitely give Briere a slight edge in time to be able to produce.

heh, not gunna get very far taking guys like umberger over guys like briere.. ya umberger will probably piss you off less frequently, but the guy has never scored more than 26 goals in a season (did it once).. briere has scored 26 or more 7 times.

its all about balance.. you cant build a team of giroux's (talented with 82+ games of heart in them) because they're too expensive. gotta have some semi-diva players that put up big points, to go along with your all-heart guys that dont produce. now that jvr is gone, briere is the only semi-diva on the team, everyone else is a heart & soul type guy. luckily giroux is supremely talented as well or the flyers would be up the creek in terms of offense

and i'm only willing to call briere a semi-diva because there are stretches during the regular season as well where he has put this team on his back and carried them through tough times.. maybe not last year, but everyone SHOULD BE entitled to a down year.

also, if you think briere has played a lot of playoff games.. how many you think sid, malkin, zetterberg, datsyuk, and the sedin's have played? they've all been to the finals at least once, and made deep runs almost every year.. deeper than the flyers 3 rounds combined in the past 2 years at least..

Last edited by a moderator:

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
heh, not gunna get very far taking guys like umberger over guys like briere.. ya umberger will probably piss you off less frequently, but the guy has never scored more than 26 goals in a season (did it once).. briere has scored 26 or more 7 times.

and i'm only willing to call briere a semi-diva because there are stretches during the regular season as well where he has put this team on his back and carried them through tough times.. maybe not last year, but everyone SHOULD BE entitled to a down year.

its all about balance.. you cant build a team of giroux's (talented with 82+ games of heart in them) because they're too expensive. gotta have some semi-diva players that put up big points, to go along with your all-heart guys that dont produce. now that jvr is gone, briere is the only semi-diva on the team, everyone else is a heart & soul type guy. luckily giroux is supremely talented as well or the flyers would be up the creek in terms of offense

Umberger has out up 50-60 pts the last few years consistently without dealing with any major injuries. We have more then enough scorers now to the degree that some of them don't even see the right amount of playing time. I'd take a defensively responsible, heart and sole guy over a "diva scorer" any day. If the last 2 years have proved anything it's that you need a defensively sound team straight through to win the cup & Briere is just brutal defensively which is asking for trouble out of a C.