• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lets talk Wide Receivers. Who do you like the best? Whose the most underrated?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve seen a few first round projections. But I assume 2nd.

He plays every role as a receiver and had great success as a return man.

If he skips to the third it had better not be lower than the 7th pick.
yeah? i know hes climbing but still not the "mainstream" guy.......you guys likely need another wr..well regardless you need another wr....

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah? i know hes climbing but still not the "mainstream" guy.......you guys likely need another wr..well regardless you need another wr....
We will need multiple receivers. Golladay, Jones and Ammendola all are FA’s. Really hope they don’t tag Kenny G. He’s not that level of player.

I’d be okay with two WR’s in the first four picks tbh.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My definitive knee-jerk reaction of the guys listed so far based on almost no expertise whatsoever: :skip:

1. Ja'Marr Chase - LSU
2. Jaylen Waddle - Bama
3. Devonta Smith - Bama

4. Kadarius Toney - Florida
5. Rashod Bateman - Minnesota
6. Terrace Marshall - LSU
7. Amon-Ra St Brown - USC

8. Rondale Moore - Purdue
9. D'Wayne Eskridge - W Michigan

10. Tutu Atwell - Louisville
11. Sage Surratt - Wake Forrest
12. Nico Collins - Michigan

Nothing against Atwell, Surratt, and Collins. They fit molds but they're also lacking anything beyond those molds. Small speed guy and 2 Possession receivers.

edit- Moving Toney up even though I think his style is a bit crazy

Last edited:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Underrated pick:

Ole Miss WR Elijah Moore...

So smooth with it.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Underrated pick:

Ole Miss WR Elijah Moore...

So smooth with it.
Id probably put him in the same tier as Moore and Eskridge. He'll play on Sundays but probably won't go top 50.

As an aside, I fully expect Kyle Pitts to be the first pass catcher off the board for the opposite reason I don't think Elijah Moore goes in rd1. Pitts' is so freakishly tall and athletic that even a mediocre QB should be able to win games by just throwing it up to him.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id probably put him in the same tier as Moore and Eskridge. He'll play on Sundays but probably won't go top 50.

As an aside, I fully expect Kyle Pitts to be the first pass catcher off the board for the opposite reason I don't think Elijah Moore goes in rd1. Pitts' is so freakishly tall and athletic that even a mediocre QB should be able to win games by just throwing it up to him.
With the 5th overall pick - if Sewell is gone, or if hell continues to freeze over and the Bengals sign some OL in F/A worth a damn, Pitts is the pick for the Bengals - for me, anyway. Even if all of those WR's were available.

He'll likely never be a great, or even good, inline blocker - but He shouldn't be lining up to block more than 5% of his snaps anyway. His size/speed combo presents a massive matchup nightmare for defenses. The Bengals already have Boyd and Higgins - and they can get a 3/4 WR in rounds 2-4 or in F/A.

Pitts also graded out in the 90's when split out wide as a WR last year, per PFF.

I like all of the WR's - but none of them scream AJ Green or Julio Jones to me at the 5 pick - and with all things being Equal - it's much, MUCH, harder to find a guy like Pitts at TE than it is to find good WR's. Especially with Burrow at QB (again, assuming the Bengals actually do something to protect him - or it won't matter who is at WR or TE).

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Late round sleeper: Cade Johnson (5'10 186lbs) from South Dakota St.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moore is being projected as a 1st rounder guy. It's pretty unlikely he's going to available past the 2nd round and will probably be taken before pick 50. He does have SOME injury concerns (You put Waddle above Smith btw. Waddle missed most of last season), but the talent is A+. Teams love him because he can play a lot of positions. I do not share your low opinion of him. I'll probably put him 4th or 5th. My top WRs would be Chase, Smith, Waddle, Moore, Bateman.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moore is being projected as a 1st rounder guy. It's pretty unlikely he's going to available past the 2nd round and will probably be taken before pick 50. He does have SOME injury concerns (You put Waddle above Smith btw. Waddle missed most of last season), but the talent is A+. Teams love him because he can play a lot of positions. I do not share your low opinion of him. I'll probably put him 4th or 5th. My top WRs would be Chase, Smith, Waddle, Moore, Bateman.
SOME injury concerns?

He has 1 year of production followed by 2 years of nothing. He has only played 7 games in the past two seasons and has only had 2 receiving TDs in the past two seasons. The only reason he'll get drafted at all is because he is a badass but I'm very skeptical that teams are going to draft Moore with his injury history when they can just go with some of these other guys.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SOME injury concerns?

He has 1 year of production followed by 2 years of nothing. He has only played 7 games in the past two seasons and has only had 2 receiving TDs in the past two seasons. The only reason he'll get drafted at all is because he is a badass but I'm very skeptical that teams are going to draft Moore with his injury history when they can just go with some of these other guys.
He wouldn't be seen as a 1st round guy, if teams were not interested in him. AP, Gore, and Gronk were injury prone in college and made great starters. We'll see whose correct, but everything I read as Moore as a top WR in this year's draft. You may not think highly of him, but that's not where the buzz is going. Look I am very skeptical of Trey Lance as a legitimate starter, but I am not going to deny he's going in the 1st round.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wouldn't be seen as a 1st round guy, if teams were not interested in him. AP, Gore, and Gronk were injury prone in college and made great starters. We'll see whose correct, but everything I read as Moore as a top WR in this year's draft. You may not think highly of him, but that's not where the buzz is going. Look I am very skeptical of Trey Lance as a legitimate starter, but I am not going to deny he's going in the 1st round.
Its good to be skeptical. Like 80% of these guys won't reach their 'ceiling' of whatever they're hyped up at.

I'm not sure I agree with this guy in the following video when he says that Waddle is #1 but there is enough film on him to at least make the argument. R Moore, to me, just has a lot of gadget and broken plays on film. I don't think you can make a video like this on Moore. Maybe you have a couple of good games where you see his upside but at what point in the draft are you willing to take that risk?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this about Rondale Moore - he was on a trajectory to become one of the elite WRs in this class his rookie season. I'm watching his game against Mizzou way back in his Freshman year and he almost tore that game open by himself. He also took about 5 or 6 fairly painful looking hits. I'm willing to entertain the idea that I'm underestimating his ability as a deep receiver but he is easily the riskiest WR thats been listed.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and gore and gronk fell in the draft because of injury concerns, poor argument.......

honest question, ive asked, and numerous others have asked in a few of your draft threads, but you never answer.............where are you getting the michael vick comparision to trey lance...

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this about Rondale Moore - he was on a trajectory to become one of the elite WRs in this class his rookie season. I'm watching his game against Mizzou way back in his Freshman year and he almost tore that game open by himself. He also took about 5 or 6 fairly painful looking hits. I'm willing to entertain the idea that I'm underestimating his ability as a deep receiver but he is easily the riskiest WR thats been listed.
And don't forget about the game against Ohio State. I think that game made him a star.

Waddle injured his ankle and missed pretty much all of 2020, yet you have him ranked over Smith. I find that odd for somebody who docks players for injuries.

ProFootballFocus lists Watkins as having the best hands in the draft. He's a Sammy Watkins' cousin. People list him as 6'3, 210 pounds.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waddle injured his ankle and missed pretty much all of 2020, yet you have him ranked over Smith.
I'm not sure I'd say I dock players for injuries but I'll knock players who are consistently injured. I am suspect of Rondale Moore not having a good season since 2018 when Drew Lock and Dwayne Haskins were college QBs but he is definitely the most maxed out WR physically.

I think Moore's style is conducive to injuries, too. He is a small guy who tries to overpower players bigger than him. He isn't Gronk. Its awesome to watch a small dude truck a linebacker and go 70 yards but a guy isn't going to be doing that for years in the NFL.

If he is there at the end of rd1 and the Chiefs pass on him and he ends up succeeding somewhere else then I'll just tip my cap to that GM for having massive cajones.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure I'd say I dock players for injuries but I'll knock players who are consistently injured. I am suspect of Rondale Moore not having a good season since 2018 when Drew Lock and Dwayne Haskins were college QBs but he is definitely the most maxed out WR physically.

I think Moore's style is conducive to injuries, too. He is a small guy who tries to overpower players bigger than him. He isn't Gronk. Its awesome to watch a small dude truck a linebacker and go 70 yards but a guy isn't going to be doing that for years in the NFL.

If he is there at the end of rd1 and the Chiefs pass on him and he ends up succeeding somewhere else then I'll just tip my cap to that GM for having massive cajones.
I don't there's any question marks about his production. Bateman's production went down from 2019 to 2020, but he's still worth a 1st round grade. The concern with Moore is that he's been injured for the last two seasons. However, his injury in 2020 was not really season-ending. He was like Bosa, who didn't want to return and focus on draft preparation.

As far as size, I don't think he's not that much different than Waddle.

Waddle - 5'10, 182 pounds
Moore - 5'9, 180 pounds

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't there's any question marks about his production. Bateman's production went down from 2019 to 2020, but he's still worth a 1st round grade. The concern with Moore is that he's been injured for the last two seasons. However, his injury in 2020 was not really season-ending. He was like Bosa, who didn't want to return and focus on draft preparation.

As far as size, I don't think he's not that much different than Waddle.

Waddle - 5'10, 182 pounds
Moore - 5'9, 180 pounds
Moore's yards per catch was barely half of what Bateman's was last year. A player coming out with all of his production in his freshman year is rare.

I like rooting for banged up players who are talented. The Alabama center is great. I don't want him in rd1, either.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe to pivot the conversation a little but what teams do you like these WRs in terms of fit?

I think that the Bengals should be targeting OT (Sewell or trade down) if they can in rd1 and maybe go after a talented YAC player like Rondale Moore in rd2. Cinci likes to chuck the ball around as much as anyone, Burrow is a young(ish) accurate QB and Tee Higgins is the deep receiver on that team moving forward I'd imagine. I feel like Packers are in the exact same boat although they might be looking at Elijah Moore or Eskridge with their lower draft position (although PFF has E Moore as a first rounder...so who knows).

Kyle Pitts to the Eagles almost seems too obvious. Young QBs need TEs and they like to run TEs in Philly. Ertz is out the door and Florida's coordinator is working for them.

I like Waddle to the Lions. Goff seems like a franchise QB from the neck down so give him a receiver that doesn't require too much thought.

With the Giants, the two guys that jump out are Devonta Smith and Kadarius Toney. Players that demand attention and can run routes and move the chains. 11 is probably too rich for Toney but they could always trade down if Smith is off the board.

The Colts or Ravens seem like targets for Rashod Bateman. Wentz and Jackson probably want a guy who will go up and get the ball and Bateman is probably going to be a willing run blocker. I don't think either team needs a 'burner', either.

The Chiefs should probably be looking at mid round WRs. Dyami Brown out of North Carolina stands out as fitting that 6'1', 4.35-4.4 speed, probable deep threat that you want with the Chiefs and Mahomes. Not a whole lot else going on with Brown but I'm not sure the Chiefs need a whole lot more out of their WRs when they have Kelce and Hill.

Amon-Ra St Brown seems like a good fit for the Bucs. Tompa Bay is obviously in 'win now' mode and Amon-Ra seems like a guy who can come in right away and work his tail off. Brady didn't use Godwin nearly as much as Winston so maybe thats a sign that they dont pay him and move on in the draft.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many of you College Guru's
Worry about Smith becoming the next Tavon Austin.
He would be a 1st rd. pick & have his uses but never be a #1 WR in the NFL?

Does any of you guys worry about that? Or no?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many of you College Guru's
Worry about Smith becoming the next Tavon Austin.
He would be a 1st rd. pick & have his uses but never be a #1 WR in the NFL?

Does any of you guys worry about that? Or no?
Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Laff