• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's Talk, RB's!

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All right I started with the QB's, it was a very good list so lets do RB's now.

Choose two backs, it can be present or past, you don't have to have seen them in person, TV counts..

Who you got???

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I will go one old and one new. Jim Brown looked like a man playing football with a bunch of little kids. I mean you could have 3 guys hit him and they were the ones who went flying. He just ran with such purpose that I haven't seen anything like it until the next guy I am going to list in Adrian Peterson. Now injuries are definitely a concern but when this guy is healthy there is no other back in the league that can do what he does running the football. He has power, speed, elusiveness, and above all else intelligence of knowing where to go. His 2,000 yard season obviously is one of legend but just watching him take a horrible team on his back and will them into the playoffs that year was just downright impressive.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I will go one old and one new. Jim Brown looked like a man playing football with a bunch of little kids. I mean you could have 3 guys hit him and they were the ones who went flying. He just ran with such purpose that I haven't seen anything like it until the next guy I am going to list in Adrian Peterson. Now injuries are definitely a concern but when this guy is healthy there is no other back in the league that can do what he does running the football. He has power, speed, elusiveness, and above all else intelligence of knowing where to go. His 2,000 yard season obviously is one of legend but just watching him take a horrible team on his back and will them into the playoffs that year was just downright impressive.

Jim Brown...was he the Wilt Chamberlin of the NFL?...by that I mean was he such a superior physical specimen that he was before his time? I mean when you hear the people that played with and against him speak it was almost like he was a freak of nature. I'm not saying he shouldn't be on the list, but I wonder if he was he just bigger and stronger than everyone else.

I'll throw out 2...OJ Simpson...at least in my era he was the best I ever saw...known for his speed, but the vision, balance and some power.

The other was Barry Sanders...just simply an amazing runner.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I think he was bigger and stronger than every one else but not sure he should be handicapped because of that. I mean we are talking best of all time so that means guys that just dominated those around them. Not sure there has been somebody who dominated in the league quite like Jim Brown did.

Love your list by the way. OJ will forever be hurt by what he has done after his career but his actual career was impressive. and Barry will always be one of the greatest highlight reel RB's in the history of the game. I used to play with the Lions on the old old Madden games when they first came out just because I wanted to play with Sanders. He was one of those guys you wanted to watch because you wanted to say you actually saw him do something amazing live. He just had that ability about him in every game. Every team knew he was going to get the football yet you could have 8 guys hit him and he would still score. Man that was fun to watch.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also gonna go with Brown and Sanders. 2 guys who I enjoyed watching because they had thighs the size of redwoods and tough to bring down were Earl Campbell and Herschel Walker

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I think he was bigger and stronger than every one else but not sure he should be handicapped because of that. I mean we are talking best of all time so that means guys that just dominated those around them. Not sure there has been somebody who dominated in the league quite like Jim Brown did.

Love your list by the way. OJ will forever be hurt by what he has done after his career but his actual career was impressive. and Barry will always be one of the greatest highlight reel RB's in the history of the game. I used to play with the Lions on the old old Madden games when they first came out just because I wanted to play with Sanders. He was one of those guys you wanted to watch because you wanted to say you actually saw him do something amazing live. He just had that ability about him in every game. Every team knew he was going to get the football yet you could have 8 guys hit him and he would still score. Man that was fun to watch.

No...I agree he shouldn't because he got a lot of those yards when the other team knew he was getting the ball...that's kinda why I said the Chamberlin of the NFL....Or Shaq even...just a physically imposing guy...but it just makes you think he SHOULD have been the best.

I meet the man once about 10 yrs ago now at the ATL airport...about 9pm returning back from DEN...walking thru the tarmac and low and behold Jim Brown...was waiting to get on a flight heading to NJ.

I spoke to him, shook his hand...he didn't seem all that big, but not much fat on him for a man his age...At the same time I'm 6'3 230.

OJ...I hate to say it , but the man was just a fool. Whether he did it or not...he could've lived out his days playing golf and staying under the radar.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im going with Barry Sanders and Marcus Allen. Barry was awesome to watch, the guy created, "watch him break this guys ankles!" and Allen never got the glitz or glory, but he did have a great career and was also fun to watch, he ran with a chip on his shoulder and punished defenses...

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember him punishing too many people, but after the Al Davis deal...he did have a chip on his shoulder...kind of in the mold of OJ, taller guy with great vision and he had some speed too...Allen was a great back.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember him punishing too many people, but after the Al Davis deal...he did have a chip on his shoulder...kind of in the mold of OJ, taller guy with great vision and he had some speed too...Allen was a great back.

He was unusually good at finding small openings to pick short yardage for TDs and first downs.

Simpson was probably the greatest RB I ever saw play. Sanders was amazing. Also enjoyed watching Eric Dickerson a lot. My all-time favorite, though, is Terrell Davis. Too bad he got hurt. His first four years in the league were certainly something special.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't want to sound too much like a homer TD but I do agree Davis although his career was short made the most of his few years in the league. He wasn't flashy like some of the guys listed but the guy was a work horse if I ever saw one. Plus he does have his mark on history with I think most rushing touchdowns ever in a Super Bowl and first player to score a touchdown blind (went blind during the Super Bowl and still went out on the goal line to carry it in for a touchdown).

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda feel most elite guys are in the same ballpark as long as you pick a power runner and a guy who can catch the ball.

So....Eric Dickerson and Marshall Faulk

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can only list the guys I've seen play:

Eddie George
Adrian Peterson

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me Barry Sanders and Earl Campbell. These guys got you yardage regardless of who thye ran behind. Put these two behind the "The Hogs" or Emmit's OL and it would be scary.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eddie G. did have a punishing style with a little finesse. Under rated at times IMO.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marcus Allen was a great back. But so were Herschel Walker and Earl Campbell. Barry Sanders was also fun to watch.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Current backs, I would go with AP and Forte, you would have all the bases covered with these two. In history, I would go with Jim Brown and Gale Sayers... Give me one of the greatest power runners with one of the greatest elusive backs, great 1-2 combo.

If I had to pick just 1 back, Walter Payton, cause he did it all.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barry Sanders and Bo Jackson

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had to pick just 1 back, Walter Payton, cause he did it all.

He could and did it every game, I wonder if some of the old time Bear's fans hold a little grudge against Ditka for not getting Payton in the endzone in the Superbowl???

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could and did it every game, I wonder if some of the old time Bear's fans hold a little grudge against Ditka for not getting Payton in the endzone in the Superbowl???

Sweetness definitely deserves a spot in this HOF...I recall seeing a short documentary on Payton and apparently there was a rift created by him not getting a chance to score a TD late in lieu of the Fridge.