• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's Talk, RB's!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would make one of the best back fields in the NFL...

I want to say Thurmond Thomas and Sanders actually were in the same backfield in college.

I never got to see Bo play in person but I did see Herschel play in college...I can't put Walker on this list, but he was the Jim Brown of the SEC for a brief time. Bo was a better pro, but in CFB it's tough to say if you're not biased.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sweetness definitely deserves a spot in this HOF...I recall seeing a short documentary on Payton and apparently there was a rift created by him not getting a chance to score a TD late in lieu of the Fridge.

30 for 30, or the NFL films I can't remember, but I saw it too, and there was rift between the two about it, but I believe Payton did forgive him for it...

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to say Thurmond Thomas and Sanders actually were in the same backfield in college.

I never got to see Bo play in person but I did see Herschel play in college...I can't put Walker on this list, but he was the Jim Brown of the SEC for a brief time. Bo was a better pro, but in CFB it's tough to say if you're not biased.

I can't either, I think Walker's biggest accomplishment in the NFL was being the major piece in the rebuilding of the Cowboys....

I saw Bo in the Kingdome on a Monday Night game run over the Boz, then run down a sideline through the Seahawks defense, straight through the end zone and up the tunnel. There will always be that question as to if Bo had stayed healthy, what records would he have...

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't either, I think Walker's biggest accomplishment in the NFL was being the major piece in the rebuilding of the Cowboys....

I saw Bo in the Kingdome on a Monday Night game run over the Boz, then run down a sideline through the Seahawks defense, straight through the end zone and up the tunnel. There will always be that question as to if Bo had stayed healthy, what records would he have...

I saw that as well...ended the lore of Bosworth....the original self marketing king.

A RB who probably won't get mentioned here because of the OL he played behind, but Emmitt Smith was a special RB, even though it's hard to point out any special traits.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that as well...ended the lore of Bosworth....the original self marketing king.

A RB who probably won't get mentioned here because of the OL he played behind, but Emmitt Smith was a special RB, even though it's hard to point out any special traits.

I was torn about leaving him off, good OL or not, he was a great back, the other one I was thinking was John Riggins, again great OL in front of him, but in traffic he ran people over...

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Every record in the books… You can bank on that

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Durability and consistency. Eleven straight 1,000 + yard seasons is pretty remarkable.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sweetness definitely deserves a spot in this HOF...I recall seeing a short documentary on Payton and apparently there was a rift created by him not getting a chance to score a TD late in lieu of the Fridge.

Payton had plenty of chances that game though. I can't really blame Ditka for wanting that TD no matter who was toting the rock.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every record in the books… You can bank on that

I love watching that 30 for 30 on him, the whole time you sit there watching it your wondering just how frickin good he could have been in the NFL if that hip hadn't given out...

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Payton had plenty of chances that game though. I can't really blame Ditka for wanting that TD no matter who was toting the rock.

Payton did have chances to score, but at that point when he put Fridge in...if I remember it correctly, it was no longer a contest, it was about records, etc. To not realize the guy that carried you to that point on OFC hadn't scored was on Ditka imo.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Jim Brown cause dude is like 80 and still could whoop all our asses.
2. Barry Sanders

Favorite runner to watch that was pure beauty; ERIC DICKERSON. Loved that guys style even if he would get decapitated running like that now.