• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's show the Hawks some love

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They lack bigs, don't have a great bench, and of course not a lot of playoffs experience on that team at all

Have to strongly disagree on not having the bench for it. They have one of the better benches in the league right now as far as depth. The bigs are great offensively but can get out worked on the boards by bigger guys. Playoff experience is overrated and even then a lot of the players do have it. The Hawks have been to the playoffs every year with Horford. Millsap, Korver, Sefolosha, and Brand all have lots of playoff experience. The rest of the team got exposure last year taking the Pacers to 7 games. Then you have the coach that won multiple championships as a Spurs assistance coach. You can say they lack experience in the playoffs as a team, but it's not like it will be the first time to the show for any of them.

I think the Spurs proved last year team ball can trump having a Superstar. Duncan and Parker are still looked at as a Superstars but at this point in their careers they are not the dominate players they were in years past. The Spurs beat the Heat with team defense and lots of ball movement which is very much what has propelled Atlanta to this winning streak.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to strongly disagree on not having the bench for it. They have one of the better benches in the league right now as far as depth. The bigs are great offensively but can get out worked on the boards by bigger guys. Playoff experience is overrated and even then a lot of the players do have it. The Hawks have been to the playoffs every year with Horford. Millsap, Korver, Sefolosha, and Brand all have lots of playoff experience. The rest of the team got exposure last year taking the Pacers to 7 games. Then you have the coach that won multiple championships as a Spurs assistance coach. You can say they lack experience in the playoffs as a team, but it's not like it will be the first time to the show for any of them.

I think the Spurs proved last year team ball can trump having a Superstar. Duncan and Parker are still looked at as a Superstars but at this point in their careers they are not the dominate players they were in years past. The Spurs beat the Heat with team defense and lots of ball movement which is very much what has propelled Atlanta to this winning streak.

They are still superstars because they are still the "go to" players at the end of games. There is a reason that the only team in recent memory to win a title without acknowledged superstars was that Pistons team. Atlanta could accomplish the same feat, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are still superstars because they are still the "go to" players at the end of games. There is a reason that the only team in recent memory to win a title without acknowledged superstars was that Pistons team. Atlanta could accomplish the same feat, but I wouldn't bet on it.

That makes no sense lol

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That makes no sense lol

That's because you don't understand basketball very well.

Teams with at least 1-3 elite players are the teams winning titles. The Pistons are essentially "the exception that proves the rule." Every team that has won the title has had at least 1-3 elite or superstar level players except for that Pistons team.

The Hawks have no superstar caliber players, this means that , based on the history of the game, they are unlikely to win a title.

Understand now?

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. They're 6'8 & 6'10....that's sf & pf height usually not pf & c

Who cares what height youre? Both are very good defensively and are skilled offensively. Why does it matter what height youre?? I mean if you're 6 foot 8 at the position or above you're considered a 4 atleast.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's because you don't understand basketball very well.

Teams with at least 1-3 elite players are the teams winning titles. The Pistons are essentially "the exception that proves the rule." Every team that has won the title has had at least 1-3 elite or superstar level players except for that Pistons team.

The Hawks have no superstar caliber players, this means that , based on the history of the game, they are unlikely to win a title.

Understand now?

Well obviously but you don't need one guy to take the last shot to be considered a "superstar"

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well obviously but you don't need one guy to take the last shot to be considered a "superstar"

You need the threat of the superstar player. Look at your own team. Sure, you may have some guys that can hit an occasional last shot, but who do you want taking it? Steph Curry, Klay Thompson? Or would you rather see Harrison Barnes taking the shot? If a guy like Barnes is taking that shot, it's a direct result of the attention being paid to Curry and Thompson.

Even when the non-superstar, role player types take and hit the big shots, it's because the get open shots due to attention that a defense has to pay to the superstar players.

The huge shots that were hit by guys like Derek Fisher, Robert Horry, and even Metta World Peace hit during Lakers championship runs were a direct result of defenses having to pay so much attention to guys like Kobe, Shaq and Pau Gasol. Without those guys, it's unlikely that they are left open for those shots.

That is the difference between having superstars on your team and not having them. It's why the Pistons are the exception to the rule and why the Hawks are unlikely to win the title.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah cause I've been right more than you and bk have been the last couple years. And you?

No you haven't, not even close and the more you post, the more you expose how little you actually know.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not picking a dog in this fight, but I would think wingspan is more important then actual height.
Players rebound, block shots, etc... with their hands, not the top of their heads.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, also Mbah a Moute, Jason Maxiell, and of course Haslem