• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Let's Make AJ Wish he'd never have left.........3 in SD

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with DT 100% here. How can a guy who hasn't seen ML pitching in 2 years be an option hit? And the kid got hurt sleeping and he's 20. How many people you know who's ever gotten hurt sleeping, much less when they're 20 years old?

I said earlier, the risk/reward equation makes no sense to me.

IMO, regardless of what you do, having not done it for 24 months puts him/you at a natural disadvantage. No way to work around this. If you didn't use your keyboard for 18+ months, think you'd be able to breeze around on it? So why would you think Profar is an option to PH? And if he can't PH, then why the hell would he be here?

Bennie I just don't understand.
I guess I don't understand what risk you are talking about if he is not used in crucial situations. I doubt he gets more than a handful of at bats. He got 19 at bats in Hickory over the last week or so and I don't think he gets half that much from here on out unless we fall out of the race or we get ahead enough to rest guys the last couple of games.

There could very easily be a game or two where his speed as a PR might be the difference in our scoring a crucial run late in a game or not. You get one of our catchers or Prince or even a few other guys in scoring position late in a tie game and having him PR for them might be the difference in a win or a loss.

I also think it shows appreciation for all of his hard work at getting back this quickly. Most didn't think he would be this far along for quite some time.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got 19 at bats in Hickory over the last week or so and I don't think he gets half that much from here on out unless we fall out of the race or we get ahead enough to rest guys the last couple of games.

There could very easily be a game or two where his speed as a PR might be the difference in our scoring a crucial run late in a game or not.

So.....he's had NINETEEN AB's while playing T-ball, which is damn near what Hickory really is. And yet you think it's a good idea to bring him to Arlington and face a 95 mph sailing fastball, regardless if there's a damn thing at stake from the game's perspective? Defies my logic.

And his speed............Is he the fastest player in our system? Is he the only person who can outrun a wounded moose in our system? I honestly don't know. But you say this like he's Billy Hamilton. He isn't Hamilton!

For some reason, I keep coming back to the fact he was THE NUMBER ONE prospect in baseball just a few years ago. Why risk ANYTHING on a man with this much potential b/c of "his speed?"

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tonight's Giants/Dodgers match-up of Greinke vs Bumgarner is absolutely classic baseball. IMO, in today's game, it gets no better than this.

I'd pay money to watch this. Honestly!

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So.....he's had NINETEEN AB's while playing T-ball, which is damn near what Hickory really is. And yet you think it's a good idea to bring him to Arlington and face a 95 mph sailing fastball, regardless if there's a damn thing at stake from the game's perspective? Defies my logic.

And his speed............Is he the fastest player in our system? Is he the only person who can outrun a wounded moose in our system? I honestly don't know. But you say this like he's Billy Hamilton. He isn't Hamilton!

For some reason, I keep coming back to the fact he was THE NUMBER ONE prospect in baseball just a few years ago. Why risk ANYTHING on a man with this much potential b/c of "his speed?"
No, I never mentioned anything close to him being like Billy Hamilton. He is faster than the ones I mentioned though. You seem very upset about this subject. I guess I am lost as to why you are angry. I didn't mean to upset you. I don't have any problem with anyone who has a problem with the Rangers bringing him up. I just don't have a problem with the move myself.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UPDATE -- Sam Wolff and Adam Parks are also part of the Rangers' AFL group, per the beat guys on Twitter.

Wolff, 24, is a RHP who spent last season in high-A Myrtle Beach, where he put up a 3.37 ERA in 120.1 IP. He has missed all of the 2015 campaign due to an Achilles injury suffered this spring, and thus this is an opportunity for him to make up for some lost innings.

Parks, 22, is a righthanded reliever who has split this season between Hickory, High Desert and Frisco, putting up a 3.19 ERA in 73.1 IP, with an impressive 86 Ks against 19 walks.

Texas Rangers Arizona Fall League contingent includes Profar, Brinson

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I never mentioned anything close to him being like Billy Hamilton. He is faster than the ones I mentioned though. You seem very upset about this subject. I guess I am lost as to why you are angry. I didn't mean to upset you. I don't have any problem with anyone who has a problem with the Rangers bringing him up. I just don't have a problem with the move myself.

Why are you even insinuating I'm angry? But now that you played the "ooh my goodness card," WTF is with you playing the "ooh my goodness card?"

You have more than hammered home the fact of Profar's speed. All I was asking, do we not have anyone else in the system who can out run me? You're the one who kept bringing up, "his speed, his speed." Not me.

If I made it seem as sin to bring him up, then my bad. But I don't think I did this.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you even insinuating I'm angry? But now that you played the "ooh my goodness card," WTF is with you playing the "ooh my goodness card?"

You have more than hammered home the fact of Profar's speed. All I was asking, do we not have anyone else in the system who can out run me? You're the one who kept bringing up, "his speed, his speed." Not me.

If I made it seem as sin to bring him up, then my bad. But I don't think I did this.
Just the way I took it when I read what you wrote. Especially with the hyperbole about the speed factor. My bad for thinking you were upset. I guess that is why it is important to discuss such things. We often find out we assumed the wrong thing. I apologize.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roman Mendez is DFAed.

Claudio is recalled.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He assumes this b/c you seem overly animated about the subject... its more than obvious to just about anyone

as he said, its really nothing to be upset about, as more than likely he barely sees the field, he MIGHT be used as a PR, which simply means he's faster than the guy he's running for, the name Billy Hamilton was never uttered til you started spouting that non-sense

As it is, most September call-ups, outside a couple guys even make an impact

They probably see it as a chance to get him some time against those 95 MPH fastballs you were also very animated about, probably in games that are already out of reach or in games that don't matter

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He assumes this b/c you seem overly animated about the subject... its more than obvious to just about anyone

as he said, its really nothing to be upset about, as more than likely he barely sees the field, he MIGHT be used as a PR, which simply means he's faster than the guy he's running for, the name Billy Hamilton was never uttered til you started spouting that non-sense

As it is, most September call-ups, outside a couple guys even make an impact

They probably see it as a chance to get him some time against those 95 MPH fastballs you were also very animated about, probably in games that are already out of reach or in games that don't matter
I think jta you hit the nail on the head. I think he will be a PR and nothing else. RR is close to making the playoffs and I think they want to keep as much of that team together as possible which is why they did not call up more from RR. Which is why they also called up Brinson to AAA so that he gets additional playing time since Frisco is going nowhere.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK....my bad........Apparently, since there's at least 3 of ya who took it this way, I fucked up.....especially since it's obvious, to just about anyone.......never mind.....have a good one.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please Yoga give us a low PC start

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PRIIIINCE!

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to say earlier that I was surprised that Moreland wasn't in there after Prince got beaned last night, but I'm glad I'm already wrong on that one

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prince Bomb