• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

let's go gonzo

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, it was because of your avatar and your typing style that I thought you were a female, lol!

:lol:

It's alright Zeph. To be honest with you, it wouldn't be the first time I've encountered a misconception like this due to my writing style.

I will admit to being an odd duck! Very much a male odd duck though. :D

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enough flirting you two, we got a baseball game going on here!

:dhd:

Zephyrus001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully, the BP can hold these last few innings. I wanted a shutout for G, but that was like adding chocolate sauce to ice cream. Hell, a few more add on runs would be nice, too, just for fun!

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My mlb.tv subscription is seriously pissing me off. I can catch a couple of minutes of the game before I get the "loading" refresh symbol from them. Ran a disk cleanup and it's still giving me fits. :gaah:

Zephyrus001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:

It's alright Zeph. To be honest with you, it wouldn't be the first time I've encountered a misconception like this due to my writing style.

I will admit to being an odd duck! Very much a male odd duck though. :D

Okay. Well, since you didn't respond to the pm, I'll just ask the question, openly. What the heck is vCash?

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay. Well, since you didn't respond to the pm, I'll just ask the question, openly. What the heck is vCash?

SportsHoopla Bookie

You can bet on sporting events with it. You don't get to cash it in and you can't get prizes, just something people do for fun around here.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expect to see JJ in the 9th now that it's a save situation.

DAMNIT.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm sorry... just been texting with two people at once and I've barely been able to enjoy the game.

vcash is pretty much "pretend betting". If you go to SportsHoopla's main menu and look at the 'other forums' towards the bottom you'll see a "SportsHoopla Bookie" forum. There, you'll see a list of games available to "bet" on. Usually, when you click on a particular game, you'll see an option for the two teams in that game that you can pick to win (before gametime). In conjunction with that, you'll see options at times for whether a game (a MLB game, for instance) will go "over" or "under" a predetermined tally of total runs scored.

Basically, it's a way of accruing bragging rights if you're lucky enough to pick the winners of games beforehand. One established member here, gobigred, has been pretty prolific with it. I was actually building up a vcash nest myself before I blew it all on NBA playoff games.

Check it out. SportsHoopla Bookie

Zephyrus001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry... just been texting with two people at once and I've barely been able to enjoy the game.

vcash is pretty much "pretend betting". If you go to SportsHoopla's main menu and look at the 'other forums' towards the bottom you'll see a "SportsHoopla Bookie" forum. There, you'll see a list of games available to "bet" on. Usually, when you click on a particular game, you'll see an option for the two teams in that game that you can pick to win (before gametime). In conjunction with that, you'll see options at times for whether a game (a MLB game, for instance) will go "over" or "under" a predetermined tally of total runs scored.

Basically, it's a way of accruing bragging rights if you're lucky enough to pick the winners of games beforehand. One established member here, gobigred, has been pretty prolific with it. I was actually building up a vcash nest myself before I blew it all on NBA playoff games.

Check it out. SportsHoopla Bookie

Thanks!

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing personal, but I want a serious answer. You can audition for a comedy club some other time.

Hey, I gave a serious answer!!! See post #69. And I'm sometimes the sarcastic bastard in the group, get used to it.

Zephyrus001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SportsHoopla Bookie

You can bet on sporting events with it. You don't get to cash it in and you can't get prizes, just something people do for fun around here.

Just saw this. Thanks.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okaly Dokaly, we just need 3 outs before they get 3 runs. LET'S GO JJ!!

CamdenFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
T. Hunter didn't exactly mow them down in the 8th. The O's are in a position to give another game away late.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol.... Taz is cool. No worries.

I bet vcash on this game earlier tonight... http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/[email protected] ... in this instance, the SportsHoopla Bookie made bets available for who was going to win the game, or whether the game's total runs scored would be over or under 9.5 runs. I bet on the O's to win... so I'll double the 59 vcash I bet. If they win! (Don't want to jinx it just yet, lol)

NBA, MLB and NHL games can be difficult to bet on. College football and NFL games are a lot more secure. Though I don't really follow college football, I'll be happy when the games arrive for vcash betting purposes!

Zephyrus001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
T. Hunter didn't exactly mow them down in the 8th. The O's are in a position to give another game away late.

I wanted to see Darren, but he's been working hard. Hunter and JJ make me cringe more than when I saw Strop come in.