• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LETS GO DEVILS

Fuhgeddaboudit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Parise and possibly no Kovalchuk? Better hope Kovy comes back. Do you guys like your chances at all without Kovy?

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without Kovy it would be rough, but I think we'll be ok without Parise.

We were fine the second half 2 years ago without Zach (once we canned Johnny Mac). Team knows he's not going to be there and is prepared this time. If Kovy doesn't come back (which I seriously doubt he won't) we would be in BIG trouble.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were fine the second half 2 years ago without Zach (once we canned Johnny Mac). Team knows he's not going to be there and is prepared this time. If Kovy doesn't come back (which I seriously doubt he won't) we would be in BIG trouble.

That's exactly what I'm thinking. We're like the Patriots in the sense that as long as the system and mindset of the organization is intact we'll be able to be competitive. If Marty and Kovy are playing well the rest will follow.

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SO ready to watch Devils hockey! Probably getting game center this year so I can watch all the games either at home or work. Going to be nothing like working 911 and watching Devils hockey at the same time. #publicsafety

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of random notes from TG regarding training camp:

Matteau is in camp mostly so the coaches can see how much he's progressed and he likely will not be on the team.

Larsson says his time in the AHL was good experience, hopefully playing this whole time will lead to a smooth transistion.

Here were the lineups for today:

Forwards: Mathieu Darche-Travis Zajac-Bobby Butler; Mattias Tedenby-Patrik Elias-Steve Bernier; Stefan Matteau-Dainius Zubrus -David Clarkson; Ryan Carter-Stephen Gionta-Cam Janssen; Krys Barch-Jacob Josefson/Tim Sestito-Harri Pesonen.

Defensemen: Bryce Salvador-Marek Zidlicky; Anton Volchenkov-Peter Harrold; Henrik Tallinder-Adam Larsson, Andy Greene-Mark Fayne.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That lineup seriously looks sad.

Hopefully a piece is added along the way

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Darche bernier butler in our lineup. I know its only camp but damn couldn't we fimd someone better?

Throw in ?s Ted and jj and it could be a long season

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darche bernier butler in our lineup. I know its only camp but damn couldn't we fimd someone better?

Throw in ?s Ted and jj and it could be a long season

I don't mind Bernier, I think he is a very solid bottom 6 guy. Have some faith that Tedenby and JJ, or at least JJ, will have decent seasons.

I would also like to add a winger to the group. We have 8 guys on D and 3 or 4 more in the minors, you're telling me there isn't a team that needs to upgrade their blueline? Say a team like Edmonton?

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Both TG and Chere today wrote articles about the Devils likely dealing a D man. That's prob more common sense than active rumor, but we'll see.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kovy - Zajac - Zubrus
Elias - The Truth - Clarkson
Tedenby - JJ - Butler
Bernier - Carter - Gionta

That's not a bad lineup, but if we could add a winger that could either knock Clarkson down to the 3rd line or at the very least Butler down to the 4th, I don't mind that lineup at all.

Keep in mind, the Poni trade and Bernier signing last year had a huge positive impact on this team. Doesn't have to be a blockbuster to be effective.