• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's compare some teams' resumes....

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where is Georgia?
They are straining themselves this coming weekend playing a powerhouse.............. Heavy week of practice coming up for the bulldogs. you know, they have this powerhouse defense that is going to show its strengths against Charleston Southern Buccaneers.......

Boglodyte

2 things that make life worth living, guns/cigars
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are straining themselves this coming weekend playing a powerhouse.............. Heavy week of practice coming up for the bulldogs. you know, they have this powerhouse defense that is going to show its strengths against Charleston Southern Buccaneers.......
Have you ever looked into when all that started in the SEC?

I am by no means a Georgia fan, but what I don’t understand is why more conferences don’t put a patsy in the last couple of weeks. Im sure osu would much rather play Akron this week in prep for MICHIGAN, than msu.

To me, the SEC doing games like that later in season is smart football.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you ever looked into when all that started in the SEC?

I am by no means a Georgia fan, but what I don’t understand is why more conferences don’t put a patsy in the last couple of weeks. Im sure osu would much rather play Akron this week in prep for MICHIGAN, than msu.

To me, the SEC doing games like that later in season is smart football.

I think it's a cheap and embarrassing scheduling move. Yes, it absolutely has given the sec an advantage in some respects. but I applaud the B1G that no conference teams play FCS teams. I think that is laudable. I think playing an FCS team should be looked at negatively in the AP and playoff committee.

but you are right, there is part of me that says fuck it. if the "mighty" :rolleyes2: sec gets away with doing it, hell we all might as well take advantage of it. but can you imagine the top 40 ranked teams all playing a game the likes of Charleston Southern the 2nd to last weekend of games? what a boring weekend of football.

Boglodyte

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the first couple weeks when we play the likes of Akron and the directional Michigan schools the games are so exciting?

We have boring games every week, so I don’t buy into that line of thought.

Gator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's a cheap and embarrassing scheduling move. Yes, it absolutely has given the sec an advantage in some respects. but I applaud the B1G that no conference teams play FCS teams. I think that is laudable. I think playing an FCS team should be looked at negatively in the AP and playoff committee.

but you are right, there is part of me that says fuck it. if the "mighty" :rolleyes2: sec gets away with doing it, hell we all might as well take advantage of it. but can you imagine the top 40 ranked teams all playing a game the likes of Charleston Southern the 2nd to last weekend of games? what a boring weekend of football.
I hate doing this because up until now we have agreed on things but now you dun dood it. What do you call better scheduling, playing ranked teams or playing the #90 - 130 teams? If you are a top team playing anyone past 65 (bottom half of FBS) is a gimme game. It doesn't matter whether is is # 120 or an FCS team. It is more important what's at the top of the schedule NOT what's at the bottom.

I'm sure that you know that OSU has the highest winning percentage among P5 programs since 1990. My team happens to be #2 on that list. Here are the winningest P5 teams that have been major the whole time:
#1 Ohio State, #3 Florida, #4 Oklahoma, #5 Florida State, #6 Alabama, #7 Georgia, #8 Clemson, #9 Miami-Florida, #10 Nebraska, #11 Penn State, #12 Michigan, #13 Oregon, #14 Louisiana State, #15 Texas, #16 Virginia Tech, #17 Wisconsin, #18 Southern Cal, #19 Auburn, #20 Texas A&M, #21 Notre Dame, #24 Tennessee, #27 Kansas State, #30 Iowa, #33 Washington, #37 Stanford, #39 Oklahoma State, and #47 UCLA.

Here is the list with the number AP Top 25 finishers played during the regular season:
#1 Florida 133, #2 Auburn 131, #3 Louisiana State 124, #4 Tennessee 121, #5 Alabama 115, #6 Notre Dame 112, #7 Florida State 111, #7 Georgia 111, #9 Oklahoma 110, #10 Michigan 109, #11 Texas A&M 106, #11 UCLA 106, #13 Penn State 104, #14 Southern California 103, #15 Stanford 103, #16 Oklahoma State 102, #17 Washington 100, #18 Nebraska 99, #19 Texas 97, #20 Ohio State 96, #21 Wisconsin 95, #22 Iowa 94, #23 Kansas State 94, #24 Miami 93, #25 Clemson 93, #26 Oregon 83, #27 Virginia Tech 79

Here is that same list with the number of AP Top 5 finishers played in the regular season:
#1 Tennessee 43, #2 Auburn 42, #2 Florida 42, #4 Louisiana State 34, #5 Texas A&M 32, #6 Georgia 29, #7 Michigan 28, #8 Alabama 27, #8 Oklahoma State 27, #8 Stanford 27, #8 Washington 27, #12 Notre Dame 26, #13 Florida State 25, #14 Penn State 24, #14 Southern California 24, #16 UCLA 23, #17 Kansas State 22, #17 Miami 22, #19 Oregon 20, #19 Texas 20, #21 Nebraska 19, #22 Clemson 18, #22 Oklahoma 18, #22 Virginia Tech 18, #22 Wisconsin 18, #26 Iowa 17, #27 Ohio State 12

For the record, OSU HAS played FCS teams - 3 to be exact over the past 31 years. The SEC teams have played considerably more FCS teams than OSU but have also played considerably more top 5 teams .
Alabama has played 12 more FCS teams than OSU but has also played 15 more Top 5 teams
Auburn has played 20 more FCS teams than OSU but has also played 30 more Top 5 teams
Florida has played 13 more FCS teams than OSU but has also played 30 more Top 5 teams
Georgia has played 16 more FCS teams than OSU but has also played 17 more Top 5 teams
LSU has played 11 more FCS teams than OSU but has also played 22 more Top 5 teams
Tennessee has played 7 more FCS teams than OSU but has also played 31 more Top 5 teams
and
Texas A&M has played 9 more FCS teams than OSU but has also played 20 more Top 5 teams

Which do you think effects the schedule to a greater extent playing more Top 5 teams or playing more FCS teams?

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the first couple weeks when we play the likes of Akron and the directional Michigan schools the games are so exciting?

We have boring games every week, so I don’t buy into that line of thought.
sorry, but playing MAC schools are >>>>> FCS............ by far.

Gohogs14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just don't think you can paint with this broad of a brush. The top 10 FCS teams are pretty equal with the middle to the bottom of almost every G5 conference. There is a huge gap between playing Mississippi Valley State and North Dakota State.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just don't think you can paint with this broad of a brush. The top 10 FCS teams are pretty equal with the middle to the bottom of almost every G5 conference. There is a huge gap between playing Mississippi Valley State and North Dakota State.
Sure there are a few exceptions to the rule. But on a large basis, I think the G5 schools would come out on top most of the time against FCS.

Boglodyte

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For the most part I agree, but playing either of these games, regardless of time of year, is not entertaining football. I didn’t watch Michigan play WMU back in Sept. When they play is non-issue for me

As far as B1G not allowing teams to play FCS, you may want to recheck that. There were at least 5 games this year I can think of that had B1G vs FCS teams

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the most part I agree, but playing either of these games, regardless of time of year, is not entertaining football. I didn’t watch Michigan play WMU back in Sept. When they play is non-issue for me

As far as B1G not allowing teams to play FCS, you may want to recheck that. There were at least 5 games this year I can think of that had B1G vs FCS teams
I thought the B1G came out with a policy that teams will not schedule FCS schools. If that's not the case, then I stand corrected. I could've swore I heard that a couple years ago from the Comish.......

Boglodyte

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the B1G came out with a policy that teams will not schedule FCS schools. If that's not the case, then I stand corrected. I could've swore I heard that a couple years ago from the Comish.......

I think they are trying to phase them out, but I don’t think it’s an official policy yet.

I would like to see all teams go to a 10 game conference (yes SEC, add 2 of them) and then 2 from other P5 conferences

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are yall jerking off to who plays the slightly less shitty OOC schedule?

There is literally no difference between Akron and some random FCS team to a top 10 program. And acting like your school is all badass because they schedule shitty FBS OOC games instead of shitty FCS teams is embarrassing.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are yall jerking off to who plays the slightly less shitty OOC schedule?

There is literally no difference between Akron and some random FCS team to a top 10 program. And acting like your school is all badass because they schedule shitty FBS OOC games instead of shitty FCS teams is embarrassing.
Son, go sit in the corner while the big boys talk, there are some crayons you can use to color with, maybe you can make up some plays to give the hokies coach that he could actually win a game with......

Gator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they are trying to phase them out, but I don’t think it’s an official policy yet.

I would like to see all teams go to a 10 game conference (yes SEC, add 2 of them) and then 2 from other P5 conferences
IMHO, you are going the wrong direction. Stop playing so many IN conference games (you're beating a dead horse). What we need is more P5-P5 OOC games. Each SEC team plays 8 IN conference games and I think that's enough (the SEC doesn't seem to have a problem determining who their champ is in a 14 team conference). I think we need TWO OOC P5 opponents each year (that will give you 10 P5 opponents each year). Then each P5 needs to play ONE G5 team. The 12th game is up to the conferences. If they are happy with their SOS than by all means schedule an FCS. If you want to schedule a 2nd G5. You can even schedule an 11th P5 (like the Big 12 needs to play a round robin in conference).
BUT

There needs to a caveat, AT LEAST one of the OOC P5 opponents needs to be an appropriate team - NOT Michigan vs Vanderbilt or Bama vs Duke. Any one can google and see what the top 30 teams over the past say 15 years are. If you are the #3 SEC team you MUST only schedule other #3 +/- 2 ( as in teams 1-5) in an other P5 conference. That still gives plenty of choices (for the #3 team it give you a list of 12 teams + ND to choose from when scheduling). There of course is no guarantee that they will be there when the game is played but it certainly IMPROVES the odds. Similarly for the G5 games except closer gap. If OSU, BAMA, Clemson, OU, and whoever the PAC team is want to schedule a G5 team is must be #1 or #2 in a G5 conference. For G5 teams they need to play 8 conference games + 2 G5 teams (same rank +/- 2) plus 1 P5 team (same rank +/- 1). If you wish to be considered for the playoffs the the 12th games should be vs another P5 with the same rules as P5 teams (same ranking +/- 2).

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Son, go sit in the corner while the big boys talk, there are some crayons you can use to color with, maybe you can make up some plays to give the hokies coach that he could actually win a game with......
oops!!! this didn't age well from yesterday.

:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3: