• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: LETS BEGIN THE KOBE HATERS CLUB!!!!

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Free pass on the Trayvon comments?:noidea:

Never read them but I found them and I think it is 1 of the smartest things an athlete has ever said.

“I won’t react to something just because I’m supposed to, because I’m an African-American,” Bryant told the magazine. “That argument doesn’t make any sense to me. So we want to advance as a society and a culture, but, say, if something happens to an African-American we immediately come to his defense? Yet you want to talk about how far we’ve progressed as a society? Well… then don’t jump to somebody’s defense just because they’re African-American. You sit and you listen to the facts just like you would in any other situation, right? So I won’t assert myself.”

I will break this down because I understand this very well I think.

1st, all he is saying is that he is ignoring race and wants to hear the facts before choosing a side. That is the definition of equality.

The part that piss people off is that they feel he is turning his back on his "fellow" african americans. The truth is that African Americans should just be considered americans just like native americans and euro americans or what ever white people are.

So he is saying that he will treat this case like any other case, which is exactly what people who are treated unfairly are fighting for in the first place.

Kobe is just at the final stage and most other people are not. This is probably because he grew up abroad.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never read them but I found them and I think it is 1 of the smartest things an athlete has ever said.

“I won’t react to something just because I’m supposed to, because I’m an African-American,” Bryant told the magazine. “That argument doesn’t make any sense to me. So we want to advance as a society and a culture, but, say, if something happens to an African-American we immediately come to his defense? Yet you want to talk about how far we’ve progressed as a society? Well… then don’t jump to somebody’s defense just because they’re African-American. You sit and you listen to the facts just like you would in any other situation, right? So I won’t assert myself.”

I will break this down because I understand this very well I think.

1st, all he is saying is that he is ignoring race and wants to hear the facts before choosing a side. That is the definition of equality.

The part that piss people off is that they feel he is turning his back on his "fellow" african americans. The truth is that African Americans should just be considered americans just like native americans and euro americans or what ever white people are.

So he is saying that he will treat this case like any other case, which is exactly what people who are treated unfairly are fighting for in the first place.

Kobe is just at the final stage and most other people are not. This is probably because he grew up abroad.

Excellently stated. Adding anything else would diminish this post.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://twitter.com/kobebryant/statuses/449718843598856192

Last edited by a moderator:

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Kobe, you've worn that same costume every year to the annual NBA Halloween party since your rookie year. It's time for a change."

proxy.jpg

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who remembers Kobe and Tim Duncan's commercial they had together?

"Kobe Bryant, slam dunk giant"

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you find it post it, I will look later for it :D

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who remembers Kobe and Tim Duncan's commercial they had together?

"Kobe Bryant, slam dunk giant"

This one?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfUvqm6J1Nc]1998 - Commercial - Sprite - Tim Duncan & Kobe Bryant - Obey Your Thirst - YouTube[/ame]

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe is the most overrated player and always had issues that he aired through the media rather than behind closed like a leader would.

Now, he has maybe 500 minutes left and he wants the coach fired.

The Coach should be fired. Not that it matters, with the roster the Lakers had all year they weren't going to win anyway.

It's funny, but Kobe is hated for some reason in Philly.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@that commercial, LOL at what sold in the 90s, so corny. Now talking frogs, that is solid advertising :D

The Coach should be fired. Not that it matters, with the roster the Lakers had all year they weren't going to win anyway.

It's funny, but Kobe is hated for some reason in Philly.

The roster being bad or injured is no reason to fire the coach, GM's and training staff a most definitely.

They were 11-10 before Kobe "Tank Effort" Bryant came in trying to facilitate and throwing his team under the bus.

If the roster is that bad then they what Dantoni did was excellent.

1 bad apple in the locker room could very well be the difference between an overachieving Suns team and the tanking Lakers.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@that commercial, LOL at what sold in the 90s, so corny. Now talking frogs, that is solid advertising :D

The roster being bad or injured is no reason to fire the coach, GM's and training staff a most definitely.

They were 11-10 before Kobe "Tank Effort" Bryant came in trying to facilitate and throwing his team under the bus.

If the roster is that bad then they what Dantoni did was excellent.

1 bad apple in the locker room could very well be the difference between an overachieving Suns team and the tanking Lakers.

Not buying it. Kobe is the best player on he Lakers team. Without him they stink. I mean it's tough to win games when your point guard CAN'T guard anybody.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great leader and Captain Kobe is:

SAN ANTONIO -- While the Lakers prepared for their last game of the season, Kobe Bryant was already beginning his off-season.

Bryant went to France with family members either Tuesday or Wednesday, the Los Angeles Times has learned. The Lakers conclude their season Wednesday night against the San Antonio Spurs.

Bryant was supposed to address Lakers fans before the team's home finale Sunday but showed up at Staples Center near halftime because of a migraine headache (allegedly) a Lakers spokesman said. Instead of Bryant, Nick Young grabbed a microphone before tip-off against Memphis and called Lakers fans "the best in the world."

Bryant has been in a surly mood since the team’s fortunes started sagging, muttering under his breath at last month’s team photo that he doesn’t like associating with a team so many games under .500.

Kobe Bryant takes off for France before Lakers season ends - latimes.com

Now.....what a real Captain and Leader does:

Contrast that with Pau Gasol, who was injured and out the last few games of the season but traveled with the Lakers on this road trip.

Asked why he made the trip in his condition, Gasol shrugged and said: “Be a good teammate, be a good professional.” I asked him if he considered not coming, and Gasol said he was medically cleared by the doctor to fly, so he did. He also mentioned he was one of the team captains and wanted to support the guys.

Report: Kobe Bryant already vacationing in France as Lakers end ugly season | ProBasketballTalk

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:clap: :clap: :clap:

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TMZ had pics of him and Vanessa at LAX yesterday. Not good Kobe. Shocked it took so long for you guys to post this :lol:

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better him than Mitch and Short Buss. Then again, once they hang the sacrificial lamb they probably will be on flights too. I do have to say this is entertaining.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not buying it. Kobe is the best player on he Lakers team. Without him they stink. I mean it's tough to win games when your point guard CAN'T guard anybody.

They stunk worse with Kobe. He wanted to facilitate but he is not capable of that role. He never was so why anybody thinks he would be at 35 and no legs is beyond me.

With out Kobe the team was playing as a team.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are an idiot if you didn't think there would have been some adjustment period when he came back. You are also an idiot for saying he is not capable of a facilitator role. How do you think they made the playoffs last season? Trolls will be trolls.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bot, are you that desperate for attention you feel the need to bring back BS topics nobody cares about any more?