• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's be honest here

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Homer likely isn't done yet -- but is anybody happy with this team right now?

As it stands right now, I think we're a barely .500 club....

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we arent as good as last year, but we can still put up a fight

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No offense but I think you are crazy. Yea we lost Richards and Carter. Lot of offense and solid 2-way players.

But in return we got a goalie, the one position that can make or break your team. Simmonds and Voracek will contribute. Giroux and Jvr....well you seen them in the playoffs. This is their offense now. We still have our best offensive weapon (48) and some cap room to do more work.

And our deep d-corps is still in tact (for now). As long as Pronger recovers we are fine.

No one could have predicted this, but it is still a very good hockey team and will be for a long time now.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is a team that will buy into Lavy's system a lot better then last year and will be much harder to play against.

I'm not sure if we're better or worse yet to be honest though. Yea we lost Richie, Carter and Leino but we picked up Schenn, Simmonds, Vorachek, Jagr, Talbot & still have some cap space. Factor in the fact that Giroux and JVR will get some more playing time, we picked up Lilja who is an upgrade to O'donnell on the blue line and we signed Bryz who has been a stud the past few seasons on a shit team.

It's way too soon to tell, if everyone buys into the system and busts their ass we could just wreck people, if not we could suck horribly. Only time will tell.

soulxflare

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offense but I think you are crazy. Yea we lost Richards and Carter. Lot of offense and solid 2-way players.

But in return we got a goalie, the one position that can make or break your team. Simmonds and Voracek will contribute. Giroux and Jvr....well you seen them in the playoffs. This is their offense now. We still have our best offensive weapon (48) and some cap room to do more work.

And our deep d-corps is still in tact (for now). As long as Pronger recovers we are fine.

No one could have predicted this, but it is still a very good hockey team and will be for a long time now.

I simply don't see it. Unless we add another big scoring punch (B-Rich?) then I think this team is markedly worse than last year.

Another solid d-man wouldn't hurt either.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I simply don't see it. Unless we add another big scoring punch (B-Rich?) then I think this team is markedly worse than last year.

Another solid d-man wouldn't hurt either.

We have 7 solid d-men now, what do you want a defensive core made up of the 6 selections for the eastern conference? You have to remember it's teh cap era, we can't just go out and blow money like the Yankees do in baseball in order to get every top free agent and have an all star team on paper.

soulxflare

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have 7 solid d-men now, what do you want a defensive core made up of the 6 selections for the eastern conference? You have to remember it's teh cap era, we can't just go out and blow money like the Yankees do in baseball in order to get every top free agent and have an all star team on paper.

"Potentially" solid. Pronger and Kimmo could go down to injury at any moment, and Matt Carle is a crapshoot.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Potentially" solid. Pronger and Kimmo could go down to injury at any moment, and Matt Carle is a crapshoot.

So you want 9 solid d-men to protect from injury? Any player can get hurt our, it's completely unrealistic to believe that any team can be solid that deep into the press box to replace you 1-2 on a moments notice.

I'd also say Carle should be our 5 this year, but we'll see.