• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lets argue over QB's, Can you name 10 Qb's you'd take over Aaron Rodgers

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve heard guys say he’s GOAT. I kicked their ass.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing right now and looking ahead objectively, I'd still have Aaron around my top 5. Him and Ben pretty close in my book. Definitely take the two 40 something's and Wilson over him. I won't say for sure any of the kids out there for now although there's maybe 3-4 out there coming. Mahomes looks to be the "next one" for sure. I need to see more but lots of young talent out there for sure.

I think Rodgers is still a very good player and I get it that people don't like his drama. If healthy (and that's the caveat at this stage), he is still capable of being elite. But his age and recent injury history are now working against him. Unlike Brady, Brees, etc who have stayed pretty healthy, Aaron has had some serious injuries. He has a lot to prove now that GB dumped McCarthy for him so I may rethink this at the end of this season. He could be "The guy" once again or drop big time.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing right now and looking ahead objectively, I'd still have Aaron around my top 5. Him and Ben pretty close in my book. Definitely take the two 40 something's and Wilson over him. I won't say for sure any of the kids out there for now although there's maybe 3-4 out there coming. Mahomes looks to be the "next one" for sure. I need to see more but lots of young talent out there for sure.

I think Rodgers is still a very good player and I get it that people don't like his drama. If healthy (and that's the caveat at this stage), he is still capable of being elite. But his age and recent injury history are now working against him. Unlike Brady, Brees, etc who have stayed pretty healthy, Aaron has had some serious injuries. He has a lot to prove now that GB dumped McCarthy for him so I may rethink this at the end of this season. He could be "The guy" once again or drop big time.
If healthy is the key . Very few older guys get hurt in consecutive years then magically return to not being injury prone . The human body just tends not to work like that . Once it starts breaking down it's usually all downhill . I have him 8th this year but would slot him in at 5 if I knew he'd be healthy . Unfortunately that's probably not a good bet

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That wasn't the question, asked you to rank them 1-5

I'm not a GB or Dallas fan like you but I would rank them

1)Staubach
2)Starr
3) Rodgers
4) Favre
5)Aikman
I didnt get to watch Starr play so would be hard for me to figure out where he lands.
With that said the rest is how I would rank them. :thumb:

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt get to watch Starr play so would be hard for me to figure out where he lands.
With that said the rest is how I would rank them. :thumb:

I didn't either but 9-1 in playoffs absurd QB rating in playoffs, 2 SB titles and like 3 championships before that/ Staubach was amazing when I watched him play, so ranked in no# plus great character/navy guy

Reactions: GNG

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If healthy is the key . Very few older guys get hurt in consecutive years then magically return to not being injury prone . The human body just tends not to work like that . Once it starts breaking down it's usually all downhill . I have him 8th this year but would slot him in at 5 if I knew he'd be healthy . Unfortunately that's probably not a good bet

Up until Rodgers got hurt in that Minny game a couple of years back, I thought he was the best QB in the league. And trust me, as a diehard Bears fan, it pains me to say that. But I thought he had all the talent, accuracy, field vision, and leadership of the two reigning super QBs at the time: Brady and Brees. But unlike those two, Rodgers also had the amazing ability to keep a play alive with his feet. Not so much as a running QB, but this uncanny ability to escape from pressure and get the ball to his target. However, since his return, while he's still an excellent QB, he seems to have lost a little of that luster. Maybe it's because he's been forced to be more of a pocket passer, not sure. Anyway, I hope he dies and his body rots in hell (ok, that's the Bears fan in me again).

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Up until Rodgers got hurt in that Minny game a couple of years back, I thought he was the best QB in the league. And trust me, as a diehard Bears fan, it pains me to say that. But I thought he had all the talent, accuracy, field vision, and leadership of the two reigning super QBs at the time: Brady and Brees. But unlike those two, Rodgers also had the amazing ability to keep a play alive with his feet. Not so much as a running QB, but this uncanny ability to escape from pressure and get the ball to his target. However, since his return, while he's still an excellent QB, he seems to have lost a little of that luster. Maybe it's because he's been forced to be more of a pocket passer, not sure. Anyway, I hope he dies and his body rots in hell (ok, that's the Bears fan in me again).
Rodgers is still very good but at his age with injuries the last 2 years there's really no rational reason to take him ahead of younger guys who have shown to be very good to great (Wilson, Luck , Mahomes ) or even slightl younger / older who are just very good .

Sure you'd take a fully healthy Rodgers over guys like Rivers or Ryan but the odds he stays healthy for a full year now aren't very good where those 2 never miss games

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers is still very good but at his age with injuries the last 2 years there's really no rational reason to take him ahead of younger guys who have shown to be very good to great (Wilson, Luck , Mahomes ) or even slightl younger / older who are just very good .

Sure you'd take a fully healthy Rodgers over guys like Rivers or Ryan but the odds he stays healthy for a full year now aren't very good where those 2 never miss games
:nono:

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Currently or historically?

Currently:

Brady
Brees
Luck
Wilson
Wentz (age)
Mahommes (age)
Watson (age)
Mayfield (age)
Roethlisberger (coin flip)
Rivers (coin flip)
I don't agree with much of that. If you are going to use age in favor of the young guys, you have to use it against the old guys. Rogers is 35, but he has a few years left where as Brady, Brees and Ben probably do not.
I don't think Rogers is as great as some claim, but he is a top 5 QB of today.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't agree with much of that. If you are going to use age in favor of the young guys, you have to use it against the old guys. Rogers is 35, but he has a few years left where as Brady, Brees and Ben probably do not.
I don't think Rogers is as great as some claim, but he is a top 5 QB of today.
brady is 41, if he can play till then why cant brees or ben? or rivers?

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
brady is 41, if he can play till then why cant brees or ben? or rivers?
I undestand where you are coming from, but Brees is 40 already. I would still choose Brees over Rodgers though. Health is a factor for sure. If healthy, I'd take Rodgers over Ben.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I undestand where you are coming from, but Brees is 40 already. I would still choose Brees over Rodgers though. Health is a factor for sure. If healthy, I'd take Rodgers over Ben.
hmmmmmm would u? i know most would, i wouldnt

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmmmmmm would u? i know most would, i wouldnt
At this point in their careers yes. Not by a long shot though. I'd probably take Luck over any QB at this time. But I'll admit that I'm a bit of a homer with that pick. Too many other QB's are too old or too young. Wilson would be a close second.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point in their careers yes. Not by a long shot though. I'd probably take Luck over any QB at this time. But I'll admit that I'm a bit of a homer with that pick. Too many other QB's are too old or too young. Wilson would be a close second.
Wilson isn’t in my tops but I’m with u with luck.

Wilson’s lauded but they continuously find ways to take the ball out of his hands

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What f Aaron is 100 percent healthy but carrying around that fake limp?

Aaron used to get tough when the going got tough. Now he fakes a limp when things get tough.....

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What f Aaron is 100 percent healthy but carrying around that fake limp?

Aaron used to get tough when the going got tough. Now he fakes a limp when things get tough.....
You gotta appreciate a guy who is so hurt he gets carted off the field but then miraculously recovers 60 minutes later

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You gotta appreciate a guy who is so hurt he gets carted off the field but then miraculously recovers 60 minutes later
Terry. Terry is that you....