• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Let The Games Begin.....

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has there been a game where they havent given up at least 6 runs?

Not yet but but it's going to happen at some point with 54 games left. Or maybe not.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not yet but but it's going to happen at some point with 54 games left. Or maybe not.
Which is concerning because what 5/6 of the starters you are hoping will be helping you down the road, the only guy who results dont really matter is Gravemans, hes really the only place holder in the rotation.

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great AB from Crawford

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit is going to get sweaty when the OF is Lewis, Kelenic and Rodriguez

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a fun game, back and forth and the Mariners didn't fold and give up.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MarinersWhat.png

Okay, that said and out of the way...

I was reading up this morning about what Servais said about limiting the amount of innings our starters were going to have anyway, never mind how limited Dunn had to be tonight as it is...all for the sake of safety with all the COVID talk going on.

Personally, I think he's just trying to cover his own ass in another act of trying to sabotage the team (which thankfully backfired tonight). But that's just how it looks to me; no other team would set their expectations as low, pandemic or no.

I dunno, what say you?

Last edited:

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tim Lopez with a double and an RBI I will continue to put his name out in the universe until he is respected.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to disagree with you on this. If he had struggled during the practice whatever, then I get it. But to not promote a guy who was doing what he is suppose to sets a bad example to players. Yes he has attitude, but he also has work ethic and you should never penalize that if the talent is there. We are talking 60 season with extended roster so you can protect him every step of the way. Instead you are giving him AB"s against pitchers who can't even pitch for this team which has no pitching and against defense that doesn't even play a LF'er because of numbers. Wouldn't a guy with a big ego be helped by hanging around some veterans though I admit we don't have many of them left. If the argument is the time clock, then okay it is what it is. But with a guy that is some high strung, what is he going to remember when he is hitting his prime and free agency?

If this was a regular season, I wouldn't even argue it but it is not it is perfect training ground to get youngsters their feet wet. I am glad the previous management didn't do it with that Griffey kid.
well we for sure disagree regarding Kelenic... and yes he should be promoted from A to AA maybe even AAA LOL... I didn't see anything from him during the intrasquad stuff to justify him playing on a major league roster. It is a typical "Mariners" move to play him. The guy couldn't hit Mariners pitching!!! Fuck man.

I am never married to my ideas or thoughts, bro convince me im wrong because you sound ridiculous and not baseball savvy.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Def agree although my opinion on Sheff dates back to last year and the fact that he was having issue in Tacoma even.

I have more faith in Dunn so hoping he shows a little something tonight. But yeah if theres anything that matters to me its these young arms. I'd like to see something to feel good about in the rotation going forward

Sheffield's issues hasn't been his stuff, its the fact the kid gets in his own head and works himself up to much.
He can't control his emotions and gets himself in trouble leaving pitches up in the zone for hitters to tee off on.

This is where the M's need to a have a veteran catcher that wont baby him or let him get away with his melt downs. Paxton would have the same control issues just like Sheffield, difference now is Sheffield can at least stay healthy enough to keep going out there and working out how to cope.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tim Lopez with a double and an RBI I will continue to put his name out in the universe until he is respected.

I watched him play in Tacoma last year and was happy for his fall call up.
I wish they would find a position for him and let him focus on that spot and continue to grow with the at bats..

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wednesday's game is def the best so far. Fun to see two teams going head to head. The M's finally looked like a team that really wanted to win as a team. It's nice to see individuals have their moments but it's much more encouraging to see that gel into a winning team.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched him play in Tacoma last year and was happy for his fall call up.
I wish they would find a position for him and let him focus on that spot and continue to grow with the at bats..

What I like about his story is that whatever was asked of him he performed pretty well. I notice there isn't much competition with the Mariners they pretty much gave Shed Long the 2nd base spot. I would have a heart to heart and like shed if you don't figure things out behind the plate we will give the position to Tim and it will be you at LF being a utility guy.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stole this from another forum but thought it would fit on this thread. :pound:

6 CARDBOARD.jpg

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sheffield's issues hasn't been his stuff, its the fact the kid gets in his own head and works himself up to much.
He can't control his emotions and gets himself in trouble leaving pitches up in the zone for hitters to tee off on.

This is where the M's need to a have a veteran catcher that wont baby him or let him get away with his melt downs. Paxton would have the same control issues just like Sheffield, difference now is Sheffield can at least stay healthy enough to keep going out there and working out how to cope.

As of now I will have to agree to disagree on his stuff. I am not and expert and have only watched him a few times but I just havent been impressed. Mediocre sinker, inconsistent slider and no command. The slider when right is effective vs LHB but its not good good enough vs RHB. I want to desperately be wrong about him and hope to see more in the next two months. I do hope there is a more consistent option at Catcher next year