• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Let The Games Begin.....

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A. He was the 2nd, arguably first best OF that they had throughout the summer camp. It is a short season so won’t stunt his growth. Let alone he is a true CF thus making it detrimental to the organization as a whole having Lewis play there.
B. I’m a fan, I don’t care about his service time. Sure, they have to pay him earlier but really what is the difference for a year? They either are going to resign him or not. A year isn’t going to make a difference. And most likely they are going to extend him early like what is going on throughout baseball.

Back to A. What is more detrimental to the developmental of your best prospect. Batting him 9th and getting low pressured AB’s where most of them are going to be against relievers who wouldn’t have made a roster or him taking BP for 3 months?

Thanks, I’ll check it out.
To each their own I suppose, I just think we’ve rushed too many prospects in the past to the majors and it didn’t work out, so I’m fine with the waiting a little longer approach. I mean he’s like 19 right? Could still be down in the minors for most of next year and still come up next September and be like 20 or 21

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evan White made a really good play reaching over the stands to snag an out. Of course we already know he can play defense hopefully he can handle the bat
Yeah as of now I am pretty optimistic about Whites bat. Not saying he will be able to show a ton of that this year but down the road I think he ends up being pretty good at the plate.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To each their own I suppose, I just think we’ve rushed too many prospects in the past to the majors and it didn’t work out, so I’m fine with the waiting a little longer approach. I mean he’s like 19 right? Could still be down in the minors for most of next year and still come up next September and be like 20 or 21

I see both sides of this discussion.
Jerry in an interview about 2 weeks ago made a specific statement regarding the issue of moving young players to the bigs too quickly. The comment was basically referencing earlier management mistakes. Personally, I tend to agree that pushing young guys too fast when it is not necessary is probably not a good idea, but I also think it would be important to look at each individual's personality make-up and character and should be taken into account when making those decisions. That being said, some young players can possibly benefit from being pushed to the bigs- ie: Ken Griffey Jr. ?? For what it's worth, just MHO is all.

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see both sides of this discussion.
Jerry in an interview about 2 weeks ago made a specific statement regarding the issue of moving young players to the bigs too quickly. The comment was basically referencing earlier management mistakes. Personally, I tend to agree that pushing young guys too fast when it is not necessary is probably not a good idea, but I also think it would be important to look at each individual's personality make-up and character and should be taken into account when making those decisions. That being said, some young players can possibly benefit from being pushed to the bigs- ie: Ken Griffey Jr. ?? For what it's worth, just MHO is all.
Yea I mean if this was a regular season sure if hes killing it in the minors, but I dont see whyd you risk it in this mini season. I think you could start him in Tacoma next year and see how that goes. Although with recent trends theyve been having players skip AAA, so who knows lol.

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also i didnt watch yesterdays game due to being at work, but just realized Crawford went 3/6 which is encouraging.

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seager low key building his trade value :hope:

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has looked solid through 2 games with those two homers he is a strong dude with a good looking swing.

I really really hope Lewis and White are the real deal. It seems we have prospect after prospect with all the hype turn out to be complete trash.

I keep waiting for an announcement that M's sign him to a deal like they gave White. I think he deserves it after his injury then comeback plus he is talented.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My 2 1/3 game analysis:

Shed Long - Still hoping, but one pitch pull to right side is already getting old. And his range at 2B is suspect.
Mallex - How did he hit .296 for TB? Bad defender too.
Gordon - Will be gone if there is a taker. Plays hard.
Crawford - Love seeing those triples. May be a nice longterm player.
White - Love his athleticism. Nice to see the RBI single.
Lewis - Probably my favorite guy to root for. Power is amazing needs a few more hits in between HR's.
Seager - With a short season, may be the year he gets traded since less time to cool down...if he waives his trade year clause.
Vogelbach - He is what he is.
Catcher - eh.
LF - Ehhhh.
Pitching - Way too early to tell.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see the M's are finally getting some plating done with RISP. They were terrible in the first two games.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I came into this game late and the score was 4-1. Can someone tell me why Servais hasn't pulled Kikuchi? We finally were looking like a "potential" win and he has turned things totally around. What am I missing??

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like I came in just in time...

A 4-1 lead completely wasted, thanks to our trademark incompetence.

0-60, here we come!

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I came into this game late and the score was 4-1. Can someone tell me why Servais hasn't pulled Kikuchi? We finally were looking like a "potential" win and he has turned things totally around. What am I missing??
It was the 4th inning and prior to the inning Kikuchi was more or less cruising, to be fair tho Kikuchi was getting squeezed on pretty much anything high in the zone

AceKeptic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not forget that Servais was never about quality, and yet the front office has always had a boner for this sort of thing.

We WOULD have to go 0-60 just to see his sorry ass thrown off the team, but even there, no guarantees.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Servais is pulling the same old shit he's been pulling since taking over as skipper. He left Kikuchi for way too many pitches IMO. Makes no F'n sense to me FWIW

AceKeptic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MGMarinerMooseTrademark.png

Called it as soon as I saw that the hit-by-pitch loaded the bases for us...

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was the 4th inning and prior to the inning Kikuchi was more or less cruising, to be fair tho Kikuchi was getting squeezed on pretty much anything high in the zone

Yeah, I went back and viewed some of the recording and was surprised to see Kikuchi was holding his own and doing well against these guys. TBH, I figured Kikuchi would blow it right from the get go. When I came in and tuned into the game live in the bottom of the 4th and watched things fall apart, I was pissed to see Servais sitting on his ass with that stupid look on his puss and then finally getting the pen going. Scott really needs someone to teach him how to handle pitching situations/staff. I just get so pissed seeing the same old crap happening.
Sure glad baseball is back on....:pound:Now Servais gives me something to legitimately bitch about. Seeing the Stros PC going out to the mound early on just reinforces my thought about Scott's ineptness around pitching.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MGMarinerMooseTrademark.png

Called it as soon as I saw that the hit-by-pitch loaded the bases for us...

Too funny. I was thinking similar thoughts in games 1 and 2. Seems like it's a talent the M's have fine tuned to the max perfection over the years.

AceKeptic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too funny. I was thinking similar thoughts in games 1 and 2. Seems like it's a talent the M's have fine tuned to the max perfection over the years.
I don't remember how long ago I put that one together (if you recall, I have PLENTY of Moose memes), but some things will never change.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good News:

Baseball is back!

Bad News:

Mariners baseball is back!

:lol: