• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Let The Games Begin.....

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My 2 1/3 game analysis:

Shed Long - Still hoping, but one pitch pull to right side is already getting old. And his range at 2B is suspect.
Mallex - How did he hit .296 for TB? Bad defender too.
Gordon - Will be gone if there is a taker. Plays hard.
Crawford - Love seeing those triples. May be a nice longterm player.
White - Love his athleticism. Nice to see the RBI single.
Lewis - Probably my favorite guy to root for. Power is amazing needs a few more hits in between HR's.
Seager - With a short season, may be the year he gets traded since less time to cool down...if he waives his trade year clause.
Vogelbach - He is what he is.
Catcher - eh.
LF - Ehhhh.
Pitching - Way too early to tell.

I was going to put Lopes on this list but decided it was too early. I changed my mind and go back to my first thoughts on him: He is a baseball player. No wow factor, just a baseball player. Take a guy like that all day long.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Lewis is a stud

Change my mind

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, have not won in Huston since sept, 2018. That is just #$# sad.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, have not won in Huston since sept, 2018. That is just #$# sad.
There is a chance to keep that skid going...

Taylor Williams can't find the strike zone to save himself, let alone a game.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:yes: First win of the season!! And it's a win against the Stros....how about them apples?

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well now...

Just don't let that be the only sign of relief, guys.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Verlander out for the year

Baseball Gods do what Baseball Officials wouldn't...make the Astros pay. No, I'm not sorry.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Verlander out for the year

Baseball Gods do what Baseball Officials wouldn't...make the Astros pay. No, I'm not sorry.

Or maybe not:

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been really impressed with Kyle Lewis. Looks like he is controlling the zone a lot better.

Despite Kikuchi's poor stat line, his start gave me a lot of hope. I believe fangraphs had his average fastball at 92 MPH or so in 2019, during his start today he was regularly hitting 95-96 MPH.

I'm jumping to conclusions, but I'm starting to wonder if the Mariners might just be better off moving on from Vogelbach. His bat is his only plus tool and he has been awful at the plate since last year. He's a guy I want to root for, but I really question if he's an answer going forward.

I've also got to add that maybe Kyle Seager could have some trade value after all. He killed it in the second half last year and is already off to a strong start this year.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My 2 1/3 game analysis:

Shed Long - Still hoping, but one pitch pull to right side is already getting old. And his range at 2B is suspect.
Mallex - How did he hit .296 for TB? Bad defender too.
Gordon - Will be gone if there is a taker. Plays hard.
Crawford - Love seeing those triples. May be a nice longterm player.
White - Love his athleticism. Nice to see the RBI single.
Lewis - Probably my favorite guy to root for. Power is amazing needs a few more hits in between HR's.
Seager - With a short season, may be the year he gets traded since less time to cool down...if he waives his trade year clause.
Vogelbach - He is what he is.
Catcher - eh.
LF - Ehhhh.
Pitching - Way too early to tell.

Shed Long - With you on this. I'm concerned he's not a long-term option. Small sample size though.
Mallex Smith - I'm starting to think I was wrong being excited when we acquired him. I don't understand how a guy with his athletic ability can be so awful in the outfield.
Gordon - Agreed. I feel bad for the guy because 5 years ago he wouldn't be relegated to the bench.
Crawford - I was surprised to see how quickly he could fly across the bases.
White - I could tell there were times he was overwhelmed by elite pitching, but that's part of learning. Really excited about him though.
Lewis - Trying to find a reason to disagree with you somewhere, but I'm on the same page. I've also noticed he's done a lot better at controlling the zone.
Seager - With the way he hit in the second half last year and has hit thus far, there is a possibility there could be a trade market for him.
Vogelbach - As I said in another post, it pains me to say but I think we're best off moving on. He has no value in the field and can't run. Only reason to keep a guy like that around is if he's a legitimate threat at the plate, which he hasn't been for a while.
Catcher - Fingers crossed for when Tom Murphy comes back.
LF - Who?
Pitching - I think it's what we anticipated.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really disappointed in the number of fastballs those cheaters took to the ribs these first 3 games. We're certainly not contending this year, let's grow some balls and show Altuve, Bregman, Springer etc that that shit won't fly.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We really need to get Tim Lopes more starts at LF and give him more recognition this man played very well in AAA last season and came into spring training tearing it up. With his first start last night he went 3-4 scoring two runs in this short season he should get a ton of at bats.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see what people are saying about moving on from Daniel Vogelbach but for what little we would get in return it might not even be worth trading him. Who would really want an overweight player that cant field, cant run bases, only DH and when he hits he bats .208. I don't see anyone giving up anything for that.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This should be played before every. single. Vogelbach. at bat this year:

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well lets see if they can take the split today with the monkey off their back now...

Let's see if games continue, now that they have canceled Marlins-O and Yanks-Phi game. How will the commish act and how will players respond today.