• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Let The Games Begin.....

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna be fun to see these guys in action starting this Friday in Houston!! Fans or no fans, it's gonna be a welcomed treat to see "live" baseball. :dhd: :thumb: Go Mariners :suds:

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep reading the they want to go slooooow with Kelenic, but how much slower can you go than a 60 game season with no pressure to win? You can monitor his games and play him half and that would be 30 games worth of needed experience. Not sure why this would be an issue with this type of season?

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep reading the they want to go slooooow with Kelenic, but how much slower can you go than a 60 game season with no pressure to win? You can monitor his games and play him half and that would be 30 games worth of needed experience. Not sure why this would be an issue with this type of season?

My thing with him is, he is so cocky so I don’t think a scrimmage season would affect him. Zunino was way too nice and is kind of the definition of why you do not want to choose a college player over a HS prospect IMO. Ackley was coming off of an injury that left him unable to play the field. Was pushed into focusing only on defense on his way through the system, so while his AB’s were close to what is wanted, he didn’t have professional instruction when it came to hitting and adjusting to pitching adjustments. Kelenic is so confident in himself that if he were to play this season and struggle I think he’d be fine. To me, the worst thing that would happen with him isn’t rushing him, it is playing analytics with him and saying he can’t gets his normal AB’s against lefties. Don’t intentionally put a road block into a young guys head.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2 things here:

1: in general most successful prospects get between 1200-1500 plate appearances before being called up to the majors full time. We all saw what happens when a top prospect is rushed along before he is ready, Zunino. honestly, he had a cup of coffee at AA last year which was already more than the organization expected. patience...

2: service time. if he starts on the opening day roster he is a free agent in 2025. if you wait 15 games in to this season, he is a free agent in 2026. if you wait until 15 or so games in to next season (not sure on the exact number) he isn't a free agent until 2027. Why waste 2 prime years of free agency in a lost season that has no expectations? He shouldn't see the MLB field until some time next year at the earliest.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody know what channel the games are going to be on? Is it still exclusively root sports?

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody know what channel the games are going to be on? Is it still exclusively root sports?
Did a search and Root was the only carrier I could find.
PS: Love your new Avatar...:lol:

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did a search and Root was the only carrier I could find.
PS: Love your new Avatar...:lol:

Yeah, saw that too... I got rid of comcast and went to youtube.tv, which I like a lot... They don't have Root Sports as an option though... Have to wait for them to play on MLB, which they do on July 24th against Astros...

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 things here:

1: in general most successful prospects get between 1200-1500 plate appearances before being called up to the majors full time. We all saw what happens when a top prospect is rushed along before he is ready, Zunino. honestly, he had a cup of coffee at AA last year which was already more than the organization expected. patience...

2: service time. if he starts on the opening day roster he is a free agent in 2025. if you wait 15 games in to this season, he is a free agent in 2026. if you wait until 15 or so games in to next season (not sure on the exact number) he isn't a free agent until 2027. Why waste 2 prime years of free agency in a lost season that has no expectations? He shouldn't see the MLB field until some time next year at the earliest.

Number 2 is where the issue with the MLBPA and owners should’ve had their disagreement not salaries of the top paid players that caused the season to not start in June. And will be the primary issue of the strike/lockout that is about to happen to baseball.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FYI: For anyone who doesn't already know, Root sports is televising an intrasquad game today @ 6pm and will be on radio 710AM :thumb: :suds:

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow...amazing how the "fake" fan/crowd noise sounds almost like it's real. Technology is pretty decent. Feels like it's a regular Mariner home game. :pound:

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow...amazing how the "fake" fan/crowd noise sounds almost like it's real. Technology is pretty decent. Feels like it's a regular Mariner home game. :pound:

Listening to it as well... Might as well listen to it on the radio since it will be more realistic anyways... Charging for pictures of people to have an image of them in a seat is funny... It will look like normal crowds... If a team sucks - the attendance won't be good... If the team is good, lots of pictures will be in the stands...

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I don’t get is why the Mariners can’t have fans in the ballpark. Just by the numbers of people that show up they already socially distance themselves.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I don’t get is why the Mariners can’t have fans in the ballpark. Just by the numbers of people that show up they already socially distance themselves.
:pound: That's gotta be one of the best posts I've seen in a while :pound:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a serious note though. I was actually plenty optimistic by how all the young prospects and young players looked. But since I’m a Mariners fan I don’t know if that mean they are that good or the players they have on the big club just are that bad.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I am "carefully" being optimistic as well. Watching the intrasquad play looked impressive for some of the young talent. Not sure if I feel that way because I've been so anxious to see baseball coming back or if the talent is truly there. I like to think the talent is there. It will be interesting to see how they hold up against another team. Wish Vogelbach would turn things around and perform like the first half of last season. He has been struggling through summer camp.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
16 team playoffs this year.

Solidifies my opinion that I won't consider our playoff drought streak over should the M's make the playoffs with 60% more teams allowed.