• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lester now 6-0, sox stomp Rays: Jets so bad, Garrard walks out & retires

blade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Todays new baseball street terminology:
'Mumped' - when you are in a close game against the Fraudkees* and lose because the home plate umpire gave One Pitch a ridiculously enormous strike zone.

(Example) - "Man, we almost beat the Fraudkees* last night and then One Pitch came in and Jerry Layne mumped us."

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every fighter with a great record has a long list of tomato cans as victims.

The point is, he destroyed who he fought. Spinks wasn't "past his prime" either, he was an undefeated champion at the time, and never got back into the ring after Tyson made him soil his undies.

Losing Teddy Atlas was the biggest blow to his career. Losing Cus wrecked him personally.

spinks started fighting in 1977...fought in the 76 olympics

that fight was in 1988

32 isnt figthing prime...tho tyson was the only guy to ever knock spinks to the floor

tyson was what, 22?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots’ decision to cut Love looks like disability discrimination

Posted by Mike Florio on May 16, 2013, 8:56 AM EDT

The ruthless nature of football decision-making has resulted in plenty of fans and reporters becoming desensitized to the human element of these moves. And that causes us all, in some situations, to miss potential violations of human rights.

For former Patriots defensive tackle Kyle Love, the facts as communicated by his agent to the media (and not yet refuted by the Patriots) point to the conclusion that the team cut Love because Love has Type-2 diabetes. And that points to a potential violation of the federal Americans with Disabilities Act and any Massachusetts laws covering a persons rights when it comes to certain physical and medical conditions.

The labor deal omits actual or perceived disability as a ground on which discrimination is prohibited by Article 49 of the document. That decision likely was aimed at preventing players from arguing that the cruel-but-inevitable decision to strip a roster spot from an older, damaged player and give it to a younger guy resulted from physical conditions that the team should have found a way to reasonably accommodate.

Still, rights not covered by a labor deal typically exist beyond the four corners of a Collective Bargaining Agreement, allowing the employee to file suit. While suing the Patriots could make it harder for Love to continue his NFL elsewhere, a decision to lump it doesn’t mean the Patriots properly respected his legal rights.

Unless there’s more to the story (and there could be), it appears that the Patriots preferred not having to deal with a diabetic player, presuming he could miss practice time or game time or who could have a hard time keeping his weight at the right level or otherwise create issues or distractions a healthy player doesn’t. If there is more to the story — if, for example, Love has been teetering on the brink of Type-2 diabetes and the team had been working with him to improve his diet and he nevertheless failed to comply with efforts to keep him from acquiring the disease — the Patriots need to make that known. (Though that wouldn’t necessarily make the move legal and proper, it would make the team’s swift reaction to the diagnosis more understandable.)

Absent an explanation, a head coach whom many believe to be heartless will appear that way. Even worse, it will reinforce the perception that Bill Belichick does whatever he wants, daring those whose rights may have been violated to do something about it.

many, many players have been cut when they get diabetes...lots of times, they buy the guy out and ust cut ties, or the guy retires.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr.Pickles

Suck My Brine
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Todays new baseball street terminology:
[STRIKE]'Mumped' - when you are in a close game against the Fraudkees* and lose because the home plate umpire gave One Pitch a ridiculously enormous strike zone.

(Example) - "Man, we almost beat the Fraudkees* last night and then One Pitch came in and Jerry Layne mumped us."[/STRIKE]

I really wish we still had the strikethrough text button

Last edited by a moderator:

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
spinks started fighting in 1977...fought in the 76 olympics

that fight was in 1988

32 isnt figthing prime...tho tyson was the only guy to ever knock spinks to the floor

tyson was what, 22?

Yep.

But still, Spinks had never been beaten, as you said, never had been to the floor, and was still carrying one of the belts I believe.

Spinks ended Holmes' 7 year run.

Zig

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what i've heard they were going to cut Love anyway because they're moving back to a 4-3 and he's strictly a 3-4 guy. They signed Kelly and armstead to replace Love and Deadrick. also Love has already lost 20 lbs mostly muscle mass.

It's the NFL, a cold business.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

But still, Spinks had never been beaten, as you said, never had been to the floor, and was still carrying one of the belts I believe.

Spinks ended Holmes' 7 year run.

15 round gem

i remember it

Zig

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember me and some buddies all chipping the $50 to watch Tyson fights then being pissed it was over in 30 seconds lol

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what i've heard they were going to cut Love anyway because they're moving back to a 4-3 and he's strictly a 3-4 guy. They signed Kelly and armstead to replace Love and Deadrick. also Love has already lost 20 lbs mostly muscle mass.

It's the NFL, a cold business.

yup

i liked love, but his motor was either on or off...and like you said, scheme was changing and we already brought new bodies on. deadrick was a bigger shock to me.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember me and some buddies all chipping the $50 to watch Tyson fights then being pissed it was over in 30 seconds lol

i remember pepsi had sponsored a lot of that fight and giot hosed financially for it...

youre right, the fight was so short tyosn barely broke a sweat

Zig

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup

i liked love, but his motor was either on or off...and like you said, scheme was changing and we already brought new bodies on. deadrick was a bigger shock to me.

Love was awesome in 2011, dipped a little last year but I still liked his game.

PeteNYC

Smart!Rich!Good Looking!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
many, many players have been cut when they get diabetes...lots of times, they buy the guy out and ust cut ties, or the guy retires.

Boston does nothing wrong EVER!

FACT

Zig

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i remember pepsi had sponsored a lot of that fight and giot hosed financially for it...

youre right, the fight was so short tyosn barely broke a sweat

oh I didn't mean any 1 fight, I meant most of his fights lol

blade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Heavyweight boxing sucks. I'd rather watch smaller weight classes. They are little energizer bunnies. They keep going and going and beat the shit out of each other. There is nothing better than watching two brown skin people beat the shit out of each other.

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heavyweight boxing sucks. I'd rather watch smaller weight classes. They are little energizer bunnies. They keep going and going and beat the shit out of each other. There is nothing better than watching two brown skin people beat the shit out of each other.

Nothing better than a big heavyweight fight.

Sadly, they don't exist anymore.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do too.

Spinks wasn't a natural heavyweight. I think he only had a handful of fights as a heavyweight.

entirely

middleweight and he fought out of his class

that was boxings way of making a big ticket fight out of nowhere

Zig

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston does nothing wrong EVER!

FACT

Giants waived Ballard cuz he was hurt. This type of thing happens all the time in the NFL. Only news when Evil Hoody does it tho