• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Leshoure gets a clean slate

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions GM Martin Mayhew said at the Combine Friday that Mikel Leshoure will have a clean slate coming into 2014.

Does this mean aviators hated his ass?

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, but why was he in the doghouse to begin with? Other then the achilles and dumbass off field issues, what was the reason?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome. I wondered at times why he was healthy scratch. Mainly when that 1st and goal or 3rd and short popped up and we passed every time.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, but why was he in the doghouse to begin with? Other then the achilles and dumbass off field issues, what was the reason?

Wonder if this was one of the rumored "differences" Mayhew and Schwartz had? Schwartz had it in for Bell too for awhile. He really loved Best and drooled over Bush. Maybe he just loves speed backs and is racist against power backs. Maybe Lendale White scarred him for life.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news. I heard he looks much faster too. :omg:

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad he's finally getting a fair shake; that seemed to be a big part of the Jim Schwartz era- playing favorites, rather than letting talent reign supreme...

He's still relegated to (at best) a #3 RB role, but I look at what the Patriots do with 4 quality RBs who all get meaningful touches, and I think we're nearly as deep in our RB corps, which is a great thing...

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I never got it either muzzer. They draft him high he injures himself, never gets a legit chance to prove himself than is bnched an entire year? We dont know the whole story. Maybe he fucked jims woman.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad he's finally getting a fair shake; that seemed to be a big part of the Jim Schwartz era- playing favorites, rather than letting talent reign supreme...

Reminds me of jim leyland, i thought he was a good manager but he played favorites over talent wayyy too much. Example, valverde last season.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone think we need another RB in FA or the draft? Or are we set? I'm not 100% sold on Reggie Bush after all those fumbles and the talking he did away from the field.

I like Bell.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's still relegated to (at best) a #3 RB role, but I look at what the Patriots do with 4 quality RBs who all get meaningful touches, and I think we're nearly as deep in our RB corps, which is a great thing...

:10:THIS

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Reminds me of jim leyland, i thought he was a good manager but he played favorites over talent wayyy too much. Example, valverde last season.

Desperation move by Dave Dombrowski giving Valverde another shot after tanking late in 2012, IMO, thinking that Bruce Rondon was ready for the big leagues after having limited time at Triple A Toledo.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone think we need another RB in FA or the draft? Or are we set? I'm not 100% sold on Reggie Bush after all those fumbles and the talking he did away from the field.

I like Bell.

Bush, Bell (he'll be re-singed IMO), LeShoure, Riddick (he can play RB, WR, return as he did at Notre Dame) Rookie RB Steven Miller (another fast return-man, gimmick slot, reverse, wheel-route player with decent hands).

This years draft I like Tyler Gaffney out of Stanford.. He has some speed and was a workhorse with 40+ carries on a couple of occasions.. Only if he can be had in the 6th or 7th round. He excels in pass-pro too.

NFL Events: Combine Player Profiles - Tyler Gaffney.... 4.49 speed at the combine

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like Bell.

If Leshoure steps up then we are fine with the 5 we have. If not then we may need to add a bruiser. No more passes on third and 1. Our line is pretty big and we should be able to run with a big back on those downs.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Leshoure steps up then we are fine with the 5 we have. If not then we may need to add a bruiser. No more passes on third and 1. Our line is pretty big and we should be able to run with a big back on those downs.

this

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With a full season of sitting on the bench -- LeShoure should be back to the explosive RB we traded up to draft in the 2nd round. Rumor is, he beat Dri Archer in a foot race at the combine.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nothing drove me crazier than this. Then I watched just about every team in the playoffs do it too. I swear coaches just out-coach themselves sometimes. Or maybe getting in a goal line stance and running for 1 yard is a lot harder than we think it is in the NFL. I can't tell.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing drove me crazier than this. Then I watched just about every team in the playoffs do it too. I swear coaches just out-coach themselves sometimes. Or maybe getting in a goal line stance and running for 1 yard is a lot harder than we think it is in the NFL. I can't tell.

ORRRRRR.. Schwartz was a major dickhead towards LeShoure for whatever reason.. Look at his previous roster having many of his old players come in at some point... KVB, Durant, Tulloch, Mosley, Jason Jones to name a few... Why is it that Whitehead and T. Lewis haven't progressed not to mention more from the CB's... Could it be that when we lost our best DB position coach (which wasn't all that much to begin with) to the Rams and Schwartz went out and hired ex-Titan coach Roberson and maybe he didn't have what it takes to be a DB coach in the first place... Schwartz made some bad moves... Gunther's defense in KC blitzed quite often. Not so in Detroit until last year. Schwartz = egomaniacal. He did play favorites. Why wasn't Schwartz all over Fairley's ass to be in better shape ? How is it that Freep writer, Dave Birkett, noticed Fairley fucking off in practice all the time and Schwartz never got into his ass, EVER ?

Fairley = 2014 Trade Bait.... Wait and SEE

Last edited by a moderator:

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Desperation move by Dave Dombrowski giving Valverde another shot after tanking late in 2012, IMO, thinking that Bruce Rondon was ready for the big leagues after having limited time at Triple A Toledo.

Yeah dombrowski fucked the pooch on that one but then he gave the pooch to JL and he fucked it again and again and again while everyone else in the world wanted him gone.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be sad if Fairley got traded away. I'd need a Clowney to turn my frown around.