• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Leighton out 1 month

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw this on ESPN ticker tonight. Hopefully Bob gets a chance. I also saw that Backland was cleared to practice. Someone is going to get a chance to steal the starters spot!:cool:

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Emer....er Leighton better get back quick or he'll be on the outside looking in!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Emer....er Leighton better get back quick or he'll be on the outside looking in!

Wouldn't it be sweet if the BOB is the real deal and Leights ends up being the best back up in hockey? ;)

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I did not know that of Bob's $1.75, $900k is incentive, which if needed can be applied next year. If Leights goes LTIR, it is not an issue. If Bob plays well and Leights comes back, Bouch goes and no cap hit this year. Will Homer roll the dice with next years cap?

indyflyr

Da Oracle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Also, I did not know that of Bob's $1.75, $900k is incentive, which if needed can be applied next year. If Leights goes LTIR, it is not an issue. If Bob plays well and Leights comes back, Bouch goes and no cap hit this year. Will Homer roll the dice with next years cap?

well he doesn't need to do anything now. if bob earns the spot (which in my mind he clearly is the best goalie in a flyers uni now) he should get to be the starter to open the season. boucher/backlund as backups. i think boucher and backlund both have two way contracts... anybody know differently? so when/if leighton rehabs he can come back and compete for the position.

sound wisdom to me. only problem is this club never, ever, ever takes a chance on a hot "rookie" in goal to start the season. they always opt for the conservative proven veteran goalie. i for one would like to see them stick their toe in the water this year and go with "bob". we are due a phenom in goal.

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Indy, the only problem with annointing Bob the starter is that every coach and scout has said he needs seasoning. I am not debating how good he looks or could become, but I can't see the harm with starting him on the bench and see how he does as a backup first.

indyflyr

Da Oracle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Indy, the only problem with annointing Bob the starter is that every coach and scout has said he needs seasoning. I am not debating how good he looks or could become, but I can't see the harm with starting him on the bench and see how he does as a backup first.

imo that would be a mistake. he needs to play, regardless of which league, nhl or ahl. the seasoning that he needs comes as a result of pucks on net. sitting on the bench as a back up will not season him. so i would prefer him to start either with the flyers or phantoms. but that's just me...

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agrew with you Indy, but I think it should be in the AHl first. If after 40 games he is playing great, see what he can do. BUt I hate to see them struggle in October b/c their goalie is too raw, while also stunting the speed that he could be effective. A little patience isn't horrible.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agrew with you Indy, but I think it should be in the AHl first. If after 40 games he is playing great, see what he can do. BUt I hate to see them struggle in October b/c their goalie is too raw, while also stunting the speed that he could be effective. A little patience isn't horrible.

Probably the wise move is patience as Boosh can hold the fort as proven in the past. But what if Backlund isn`t ready to play you still need a back up and BOB will have to stay here. They could sprinkle him into a few games in Oct to give Boosh a rest and see how he does if this is the case. Still believe the AHL playing every other night would do him better though.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Backlund was on the bench tonight. Hopefully he can back up, then Bob can get some exp down in the AHL. Looks solid though.

Yep good to see Backlund ready to go and even better seeing BOB getting 3rd star! Cool shit!