• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lee Barfknecht: "There's a virus still in the program"

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if I feel anything wrong with that. Who should he be playing for? Not that you should be going out taunting the fans oe disrespecting them or anything but really you play for a fan they're the most fickle things on the face of the earth.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you want the kid to say? Jesus. Give the kid a break.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No problem with Tommy's opinion. I'd be the same.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have any need for a player to ever say they're playing for me. A player can play for whomever he wants. Manti Teo played for an imaginary dying chick, and it worked for him. That's all fine and dandy.

But this here is different. Going out of your way to make it known to the fans that you won't be playing any football for them......it's weird. It doesn't sit right. Something's still fucking with these kids' minds. The ghost of Bo Pelini tells them, "go on now, fuck the world......FUCK 'EM ALL!!!"

Half of these kids are still focused on spiting the fanbase. That is a problem because it takes the focus off winning and places it on something else. You never heard any players saying this shit until Bo Pelini came along.

My problem is that their heads are in the wrong place. They want to win, but just as badly they want to clash with the fanbase.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For many number of reason the players feel this way, not just here. A lot of it is people who use social media to talk shit to 18-22 year old kids. If you are one of these people, GET A FUCKING LIFE. I don't understand fans who think a loss hurts them more than those who've busted their ass to actually play in the game. I don't think anyone around here (sportshoopla) does this. But if you do, quit associating your self with Husker fooball please.

To add to it, in our case, the last guy was never too enchanted with us and it rubbed off. Also I'm sure there is a feeling among his players that the fans are the reason he was let go.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a hard time believing anyone feels shittier than myself when we lose. But somehow there are people calling in on the radio and crying actual tears. Actual real tears.

There are some psycho mother fuckers out there. Spousal abuse actually spikes every time Nebraska loses. Bunch of weirdos.

Anyways, I don't believe the players when they say they don't pay attention to the fans. They're like any kid, they love to make the crowd go crazy with a huge play. That shit is Bop speak.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps it is true. Wouldn't surprise me in the least. These players are playing for themselves, teammates and the University of Nebraska. If they can't give it their all to any of the above, then GTFO. When I say playing for themselves, I mean for the love of the game in which an athlete gives the best they can so they are satisfied with their performance regardless of the outcome of the game. Frankly, I don't think I would have wanted a child of mine playing for Bi-polar Bo. Remember, he was always making national news because of his antics. So when people bring up the best of the mid-major talent - I can see that given who the leader of the program was. Yes there might just be scrub down cleansing seasons with Riley, but I don't like the clock management and play selection part of last week and it does the new coaching no justice. Is anyone willing to go so far as to say certain players tanked the game on purpose to make Riley look bad? I will stay clear of those ideas for now, but I thought I'd just put that out there.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more thing. Let's not forget the poison that was spewed at Lincoln North Star by Bo anytime soon.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tommy in the presser sayin he only plays for his team and coaches and nobody else was telling~

Yeah that figures. The fans don't mean anything to the jerk then? No fans = no football program.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't have any need for a player to ever say they're playing for me. A player can play for whomever he wants. Manti Teo played for an imaginary dying chick, and it worked for him. That's all fine and dandy.

But this here is different. Going out of your way to make it known to the fans that you won't be playing any football for them......it's weird. It doesn't sit right. Something's still fucking with these kids' minds. The ghost of Bo Pelini tells them, "go on now, fuck the world......FUCK 'EM ALL!!!"

Half of these kids are still focused on spiting the fanbase. That is a problem because it takes the focus off winning and places it on something else. You never heard any players saying this shit until Bo Pelini came along.

My problem is that their heads are in the wrong place. They want to win, but just as badly they want to clash with the fanbase.

Maybe that's why he passed the football on that last drive instead of running the clock down? If he does that shit again, he should get benched. The season has been pretty much wasted anyways.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think he just reacted to a defender being right in his face. Snap decision.

Tommy doesn't quit on plays and he's always been that way. That's why he makes so many bad decisions. He always thinks he's going to make something out of nothing.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, ex-coaches and players talking. A non-event if you ask me.

Ex-coaches and players have been talking to each other since coaches started to get fired in the 1930s.

It is just easier now with social media.

If Nebraska did not lose that first game and have such a bad defense, this wouldn't even be news.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I honestly think he just reacted to a defender being right in his face. Snap decision.

Tommy doesn't quit on plays and he's always been that way. That's why he makes so many bad decisions. He always thinks he's going to make something out of nothing.

In other words, he's trying to be the STAR, instead of being more of a team player.

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is true Jason peter was talking about it 93.7 he's saying coach kaz

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to think the best thing that can happen for this program is for the Juniors and Seniors to graduate.

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to think the best thing that can happen for this program is for the Juniors and Seniors to graduate.

Yep or all the big bo loyalist to hit the road..

I don't buy the notion that team united. The funny part is this is only helping MR because now it clear he has to get his guys in and weed bo players out that aren't buying in