• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lebrons Cavs vs Jordan’s Bulls

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
always forget he played a little with Kerr here.

He was certainly not a superstar/elite but I do think Price was a little underrated. Or, perhaps, maybe he just didn't come along at the right time. Current NBA would have been better for him I think.

he and Nance, Sr are still my favorite Cavaliers.

Career 3.7 box plus minus. The only blemish is a negative 0.5 defensive box plus minus, but his positive 4.2 offensive box plus minus more than made up for it. Not a superstar, but he was a very good player. He's got all the PG skills you need with passing and ball handling, and he was a great shooter. He's on a very short list of players to have a season where he shot 50% on FG, 40% on 3's, and 90% on FT's.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are pure comedy. what part of "I don't doubt you can shoot" has you still flying off the handle? Too bad your coach didn't care. I don't look for ways to bring up my shooting abilities. You do. Cool.

You are just a massive dickhead.

I told a story about my playing experience. The fact that I can shoot was relevant because most coaches from that era didn’t understand how to use the 3 point line. The whole point of the story was to say that Curry’s experience could have been much different if he had come up in the 80s and 90s and played for old school coaches.

And that is not what you said. You were trying to make fun of me because you are a dickhead.

Now either STFU, or man up and bet me.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knew because tlance had a different experience not every coach was wired that way.

Or maybe he is not quite the shooter he claims to be.

I kid.....I kid.

and, yes, I think a coach from the 90s would figure out how to use Curry if he were dropped into that decade. MVP level? Maybe not, but I'd bet all star before I bet on reserve role player.

This is your post.

You take an unprovoked shot at me and I will fire back.

Just because you say “I kid” after doesn’t make you less of an asshat.

So again, bet me or STFU. You can find out for yourself.

I will even let name the terms/stakes.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are just a massive dickhead.

I told a story about my playing experience. The fact that I can shoot was relevant because most coaches from that era didn’t understand how to use the 3 point line. The whole point of the story was to say that Curry’s experience could have been much different if he had come up in the 80s and 90s and played for old school coaches.

And that is not what you said. You were trying to make fun of me because you are a dickhead.

Now either STFU, or man up and bet me.
No need to have a meltdown and be so sensitive. I was "trying to do" exactly what I did....point out your ability to shoot was irrelevant in this discussion as your coach either didn't think you could shoot well enough or he didn't think it mattered. This is fact.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is your post.

You take an unprovoked shot at me and I will fire back.

Just because you say “I kid” after doesn’t make you less of an asshat.

So again, bet me or STFU. You can find out for yourself.

I will even let name the terms/stakes.
wow are you sensitive. I said I kid because I was kidding and believe you can shoot. Relax, Fred Flintstone.

I can name the terms, though? OK, we shoot 100 FTs and you spot me 30. Hope you can make more than 100 out of 100, sport. If I took it seriously and practiced, you'll need to at least make 110% of your shots.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow are you sensitive. I said I kid because I was kidding and believe you can shoot. Relax, Fred Flintstone.

I can name the terms, though? OK, we shoot 100 FTs and you spot me 30. Hope you can make more than 100 out of 100, sport. If I took it seriously and practiced, you'll need to at least make 110% of your shots.

LOL.

If you can only make 70 FTs out of 100 in practice then you can’t shoot.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You post like you want to be seen as an asshole. Is that true?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need to have a meltdown and be so sensitive. I was "trying to do" exactly what I did....point out your ability to shoot was irrelevant in this discussion as your coach either didn't think you could shoot well enough or he didn't think it mattered. This is fact.

No, it was totally relevant.

In the 90s shooters weren’t used in the way that they are used today. They are MUCH more valuable today. That is literally the entire point.

The average NBA team had 1-2 3 point threats on the court at a time and the 3 was mostly a shot they settled for. Today most teams have 3-5 3 point threats on the court at a time and it is a shot teams game plan around in both ends.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.

If you can only make 70 FTs out of 100 in practice then you can’t shoot.
as I said I am confident if I put in minimal practice you'll need to make at least 110% of your shots to have a decent chance.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it was totally relevant.

In the 90s shooters weren’t used in the way that they are used today. They are MUCH more valuable today. That is literally the entire point.

The average NBA team had 1-2 3 point threats on the court at a time and the 3 was mostly a shot they settled for. Today most teams have 3-5 3 point threats on the court at a time and it is a shot teams game plan around in both ends.
and yet another poster mentioned how his coach took advantage of his shooting prowess. Yours did not. so either you don't shoot as well as you say or your coach couldn't figure out how to take advantage. But some knew how, as I suspect some NBA coaches from the 90s might have figured out, as well, if they had Steph Curry.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as I said I am confident if I put in minimal practice you'll need to make at least 110% of your shots to have a decent chance.

You in?

That is stupid.

When I said name the terms I meant the stakes.

But if you want to do something like an avatar bet, I would do something like this since you would need to shift the odds in your favor to have a chance:

You record yourself shooting 100 free throws
I shoot 100 3s

Higher score picks losers avatar for a month.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is stupid.

When I said name the terms I meant the stakes.

But if you want to do something like an avatar bet, I would do something like this since you would need to shift the odds in your favor to have a chance:

You record yourself shooting 100 free throws
I shoot 100 3s

Higher score picks losers avatar for a month.
This is when we find out @dtgold88 looks exactly like Steph Curry, and shoots free throws like him too.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and yet another poster mentioned how his coach took advantage of his shooting prowess. Yours did not. so either you don't shoot as well as you say or your coach couldn't figure out how to take advantage. But some knew how, as I suspect some NBA coaches from the 90s might have figured out, as well, if they had Steph Curry.

In the NBA this year, there were 9 players who played enough games to qualify that averaged over 9 3 point attempts a game. In 1990, the guy who finished 3rd in 3 pointers attempted averaged 4 per game.

The game was different back then. I never said it was a sure thing that his coaches wouldn’t have figured out how special he was and unleashed him. But it would have been a lot less likely because coaches taught the game differently. The range of outcomes for 90s Curry would have included a lot of alternatives nowhere near stardom.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You all are wrong. Now what's the topic?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the NBA this year, there were 9 players who played enough games to qualify that averaged over 9 3 point attempts a game. In 1990, the guy who finished 3rd in 3 pointers attempted averaged 4 per game.

The game was different back then. I never said it was a sure thing that his coaches wouldn’t have figured out how special he was and unleashed him. But it would have been a lot less likely because coaches taught the game differently. The range of outcomes for 90s Curry would have included a lot of alternatives nowhere near stardom.

dtgold called you Fred Flintstone. :pound:Burn!

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@trojanfan12

The fuckin' dog replaced my iced tea with root beer that has a slight marijuana aftertaste. You believe that shit?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@trojanfan12

The fuckin' dog replaced my iced tea with root beer that has a slight marijuana aftertaste. You believe that shit?

If the aftertaste is because that root beer has THC in it...dogs really are man's best friend.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the aftertaste is because that root beer has THC in it...dogs really are man's best friend.

My dog's one cool dude. Ten year old black lab, Brutus. Named after Brutus Buckeye of course. Took a bunch of treats but years ago I trained him to howl when I say fuck meeeechegan.