• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LeBron James "I don't believe I have played for a super team"

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

mXyupD1.gif

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's pulling an Obama and acting ignorant. At least KD admitted his team was a super team. Either he's playing ignorant or in denial. Kobe and MJ could win championships with just one other all star but not LBJ.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh....

I don't put a lot so stock into anything a losing player says at the post game press conference following a season ending loss.

He was emotional and probably trolling. LBJ can be pretty passive aggressive at times. Ask him the same question in a week and I bet he answers much differently.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How far would the Cavs go without Lebron?
FWIW, even without Lebron James contract they'd be spending just as much money on their team as the Warriors I do believe.

They'd at least be in the playoffs and certainly if they replaced James with a low level max contract guy then they'd be somewhat competitive in the East.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think in order to be classified as a "super team" you need 3 HOF worthy players on your roster.

Just look at the Showtime Lakers. They had Magic, Kareem, Worthy and Wilkes who are all HOFers. The Warriors arguably have 2 locks right now in KD and Curry. Two fringe guys in Klay and Green who's longevity will determine if they get in.

Lebron had Wade and a past prime Ray Allen. Bosh doesn't get in the HOF. Then he has Kyrie and Love, who at their current trajectory I think Kyrie has a solid case but Love is on the outside looking in, imo.

So it's close, but there have been far more "super" teams than Lebron has played on, imo.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think in order to be classified as a "super team" you need 3 HOF worthy players on your roster.
Yeah, I don't like that definition at all. People's primes, team fits, etc have to be factors.

I know a lot of people have the Celtics Big 3 with KG, Pierce and Allen as a Superteam but if you look back at that team it might actually be one of the worst NBA champions in recent memory. So superteam? Eh, maybe they could've been but that has to be more to it.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't like that definition at all. People's primes, team fits, etc have to be factors.

I know a lot of people have the Celtics Big 3 with KG, Pierce and Allen as a Superteam but if you look back at that team it might actually be one of the worst NBA champions in recent memory. So superteam? Eh, maybe they could've been but that has to be more to it.

Yeah I forgot to mention prime, but I'm in agreement with you there. That's why I mentioned Lebron with Wade, but also a past-prime Ray. So that in my opinion doesn't really count that much. Was the team loaded? Yeah it was. Super team though? Not by my standards.

Warriors can make the case for a super team because you have two MVP caliber players in their primes, as well as two other allstars in their prime too. I wouldn't argue against that.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hey you take back what you said about the '08 Celtics! On the plus side @ least they beat the Lakers for it all that year.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would be the super teams in NBA history?

Lakers and Celtics of the 80s? Sixers of the 80s? Bulls of the 90s?

I think the Warriors definitely qualify. I would probably go with the Lakers of the 80s as well.

Sixers? Moses and the Doctor were amazing. Cheeks, Toney and Jones were very good. But really just a shade below what I would consider a super team.

Bulls? The Bulls are kinda like the Cavs. Good team with the best player in the league.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you replaced him with a borderline to average starting SF, then probably 38-42 wins and competing for the 8th seed.

Led by a scoring PG, with a solid front court (Love, TT). Take Lebron's money and get some solid SG/SF players and that's a playoff team, especially in the East. Isn't that essentially what Boston has and was the #1 seed?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't leave out Rondo. That was definitely a super team, just maybe a little past the sell-by date (other than Rondo) to have any staying power.

The problem is, we need a new term for what the Warriors are. They were essentially a super team that added an MVP, which is a whole new level.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would be the super teams in NBA history?

Lakers and Celtics of the 80s? Sixers of the 80s? Bulls of the 90s?

I think the Warriors definitely qualify. I would probably go with the Lakers of the 80s as well.

Sixers? Moses and the Doctor were amazing. Cheeks, Toney and Jones were very good. But really just a shade below what I would consider a super team.

Bulls? The Bulls are kinda like the Cavs. Good team with the best player in the league.

Celtics of the 60's. Lakers/Celtics of the 80's. Jordan Bulls. Kobe/Shaq Lakers. '08 Celtics are short-lived. Heatles. Spurs not quite, although they managed to be remarkably consistent and constant contenders.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's pulling an Obama and acting ignorant. At least KD admitted his team was a super team. Either he's playing ignorant or in denial. Kobe and MJ could win championships with just one other all star but not LBJ.

Why does Kobe's name keep coming up in the same conversation as LeBron and Jordan? It's ridiculous.