• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LeBron James and Los Angeles Lakers Have Been Eliminated from Playoff Contention

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would have depended on how much better the offer was. If it was close, he wasn't sending Kawhi to the Lakers. But if there was enough of a difference that he would have looked stupid not taking it, then he would have bitten the bullet and taken the deal.

And the Lakers offer wasn't bad either. If the Spurs were looking to rebuild, then the Lakers likely had the better offer and probably by enough to get Pop to deal with them.

But, the Spurs weren't looking to rebuild, so the Raptors offer was better for them.
No doubt equal offers and Kawhi is a Raptor. Had to be a clear better offer by LA to send him there.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The end of your comment makes no sense. So you say the answer is the rival made the best offer yet Kawhi was traded to the EC. I don't see how you can say the rival made the better offer.
IF the rival made the best offer. Pretty sure we know Derozan was not a Laker, but IF he was then SA makes the deal with LA.

You really think IF LA offered a clearly better package SA sends him somewhere else?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF the rival made the best offer. Pretty sure we know Derozan was not a Laker, but IF he was then SA makes the deal with LA.

You really think IF LA offered a clearly better package SA sends him somewhere else?

They didn't have DeRozan though. I think that's a hypothetcial & pointless what if.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't have DeRozan though. I think that's a hypothetcial & pointless what if.
I think as usual you just cannot admit your logic is off base.

You asked "Why would Pop trade Kawhi to a rival." I told you why. IF he received the best offer from the rival, good chance that is where Kawhi ends up.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is where Magic is unimaginative, he should have tried to get a third team involved so he could put together a better package. It's obvious that the Spurs didn't want to rebuild and wanted to stay relevant is the playoff race so Magic should have pulled out all the stops to get a more attractive offer in place.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is where Magic is unimaginative, he should have tried to get a third team involved so he could put together a better package. It's obvious that the Spurs didn't want to rebuild and wanted to stay relevant is the playoff race so Magic should have pulled out all the stops to get a more attractive offer in place.
I think you are probably right, but to be fair we don't know that Magic did not try this. Might be SA really wanted Derozan and if they did who can blame them?

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are probably right, but to be fair we don't know that Magic did not try this. Might be SA really wanted Derozan and if they did who can blame them?

Of course Magic could have tried. However, when I see how Magic's attitude seems to indicate that he feels assured that he can acquire these players in free agency, I tend to think he didn't aggressively explore enough options. Magic seems to think that theses are the old days when everyone wanted to a Laker, unfortunately those days have passed so Magic has to up his game. BTW, I loved Magic as a player, as a coach and in the front office, not so much.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think as usual you just cannot admit your logic is off base.

You asked "Why would Pop trade Kawhi to a rival." I told you why. IF he received the best offer from the rival, good chance that is where Kawhi ends up.

But Pop didn't get the best offer from his rival. Now tell me again how my logic's off base.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Pop didn't get the best offer from his rival. Now tell me again how my logic's off base.
Sure, but I wont go back and forth too long on this as I know its not in you to man up and admit your logic is way off base.

You asked why he would make a deal with his rival. I told you IF he got the best offer from his rival that would be why he'd make a deal with said rival.

No one said LA made the best offer. Pretty sure we all know they probably didn't. Also know you are not big on answering direct question, as the irrational usually wont, but I'll try........

IF the Lakers COULD offer a much better package than Toronto did, do you think Pop would have taken the lesser offer from Toronto or deals him to LA?

**Yes, this is a hypothetical, so try not to get spooked as these are used all the time here and most even go nuts and answer hypothetical questions. Will you?

I've got it at 350-1 against.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Why would Pop trade Kawhi to a conference rival?
Just an FYI.....per my most recent comment, this was your question to which I refer.

Now you can begin deflecting.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just an FYI.....per my most recent comment, this was your question to which I refer.

Now you can begin deflecting.

Wait a minute. Was I the one that said IF DeRozan played for the Lakers? Again that was your own hypothetical sitaution. This is what you said in comment # 42- pretty sure we all know Derozan was not a Laker but IF he was then SA makes the deal w/ LA.

And I'm the one deflecting? Too funny.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, the Lakers aren't getting squat in the offseason. What a waste of Lebron's final years.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait a minute. Was I the one that said IF DeRozan played for the Lakers? Again that was your own hypothetical sitaution. This is what you said in comment # 42- pretty sure we all know Derozan was not a Laker but IF he was then SA makes the deal w/ LA.

And I'm the one deflecting? Too funny.
Yes you are the one deflecting. And as I said, you'll refuse to answer the direct question. Maybe with 485-1 odds?.....Probably seems clear to anyone but you. IF Derozan was a Laker then most likely SA deals with the Lakers, ergo that would be a reason SA would deal with their rival.

You might get this eventually, though can't say I have much faith in you if you haven't picked it up yet.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes you are the one deflecting. And as I said, you'll refuse to answer the direct question. Maybe with 485-1 odds?.....Probably seems clear to anyone but you. IF Derozan was a Laker then most likely SA deals with the Lakers, ergo that would be a reason SA would deal with their rival.

You might get this eventually, though can't say I have much faith in you if you haven't picked it up yet.

What a surprise. Yet again I don't agree w/ you & you keep going. I don't buy into hypothetical situations like you do w/ the what if DeRozan played for the Lakers. It's a pointless topic to me.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt equal offers and Kawhi is a Raptor. Had to be a clear better offer by LA to send him there.

Yeah, I think that any time a team has to lose their best player, they would prefer that he go to the other conference just to avoid having to play him 4-5 times a year, plus possibly in the playoffs. Especially if they have a rivalry like the Spurs and Lakers. You don't want to make another team in your conference better...but you really don't want to make a rival better.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think that any time a team has to lose their best player, they would prefer that he go to the other conference just to avoid having to play him 4-5 times a year, plus possibly in the playoffs. Especially if they have a rivalry like the Spurs and Lakers. You don't want to make another team in your conference better...but you really don't want to make a rival better.
Of course.

But on the flip side you don't want to make your team worse by taking a lesser offer.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a surprise. Yet again I don't agree w/ you & you keep going. I don't buy into hypothetical situations like you do w/ the what if DeRozan played for the Lakers. It's a pointless topic to me.

paraphrasing, but here goes to help you.......
Wamu - "why would SA trade a star player to their rival (which kind of asks for a possible hypothetical)."
me - "because the rival makes a better offer than anyone else."

Dance.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers had a realistic shot if they had been willing to give up the #2 pick in the draft for PG.

I had thought that the Pacers wanted more of the young guys, but from what @bksballer89 showed me and assuming the Pacers were being truthful, if the Lakers had been willing to include the #2 pick with whatever players were already in the deal, they'd have sent PG to LA.

Based on what PG said, even if the Pacers weren't being truthful, if the Lakers had included the #2 pick, then he may have come to LA. At the very least, it would have made it harder for him to turn them down.

I think that it was pretty shortsighted on his part and that he's unlikely to win a title any time soon because of it. But from what has been said, it looks like the #2 pick was more than the Lakers were willing to give up and he felt they didn't try hard enough.

I see what's going on here, we're arguing semantics over what I meant by "always the plan". That's not my thing, I meant from the point of LeBron signing. I didn't say "the plan was always to sign LeBron one year and then another star the next".

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see what's going on here, we're arguing semantics over what I meant by "always the plan". That's not my thing, I meant from the point of LeBron signing. I didn't say "the plan was always to sign LeBron one year and then another star the next".
So are you saying when they signed Lebron it was ALWAYS the plan to get the second star next year?