• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LeBron James and Los Angeles Lakers Have Been Eliminated from Playoff Contention

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he was a "man of principal" wouldn't he have told Kawhi "you have a contract. Play here or kick rocks."?

And also,

Kawhi pretty much did kick rocks in 2018.

I do think he would have continued to sit out had he remained in SA. And that wasn't helping anyone.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And also,

Kawhi pretty much did kick rocks in 2018.

I do think he would have continued to sit out had he remained in SA. And that wasn't helping anyone.
Always thought he sat in 2018 because he wanted to due to his health.

either way I would stand by my assertion if LA made Pop the clear best offer, Kawhi is a Laker......which is what NO should do, as well.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

either way I would stand by my assertion if LA made Pop the clear best offer, Kawhi is a Laker......which is what NO should do, as well.

That was how the whole beef started though.

Pop and the Spurs organization thought he was healthy and they wanted him to play.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think we all agree that if the Lakers made the clear best offer, Kawhi would be a Laker. No one disputes that.

The difference is that it would have to be a "clear best offer".

If the Lakers offer were only a little better, it's likely that Pop and the Spurs don't take it.

What's interesting, imo, about the Lakers offer and the Raptors offer is that one is clearly better than the other depending on the scenario with the Spurs.

If the Spurs were looking to rebuild, then the Lakers offer was clearly the best offer.

But the Spurs were looking to continue to compete, so that gave the Raptors the clear best offer.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we all agree that if the Lakers made the clear best offer, Kawhi would be a Laker. No one disputes that.

The difference is that it would have to be a "clear best offer".

If the Lakers offer were only a little better, it's likely that Pop and the Spurs don't take it.

What's interesting, imo, about the Lakers offer and the Raptors offer is that one is clearly better than the other depending on the scenario with the Spurs.

If the Spurs were looking to rebuild, then the Lakers offer was clearly the best offer.

But the Spurs were looking to continue to compete, so that gave the Raptors the clear best offer.

Again agree with almost everything there.

Another challenge in dealing with SA though was that sA reportedly did not want Lonzo. The Lakers probably would have had to involve a 3rd team to make "the best offer".

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again agree with almost everything there.

Another challenge in dealing with SA though was that sA reportedly did not want Lonzo. The Lakers probably would have had to involve a 3rd team to make "the best offer".

True. They'd probably have had to do something like involve the Suns and send Lonzo there.

My overall point was that the Lakers were offering picks and kids. That's an offer you rebuild with, not one that you win now with.