• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LeBron James and Los Angeles Lakers Have Been Eliminated from Playoff Contention

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,821.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It actually is when you factor in mpg.

Per 36 minutes:
Ball: 11.2 ppg, 7.1 apg, 6.9 rpg
Fultz: 13.5 ppg, 5.9 apg, 6.0 rpg

He essentially gets an extra rebound per 36 minutes and creates the same value combining ppg and apg.

Except neither player actually plays 36mpg.

Nice try.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,821.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their stats as they are:

Ball: 10ppg, 5.4apg, 5.3rpg, and 1.5spg

Fultz: 8ppg, 3.7rpg, 3.1apg, and 0.9spg

Fultz has played in 33 games in 2 seasons in the League. LOL.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol@lebron being eliminated from the playoffs

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their stats as they are:

Ball: 10ppg, 5.4apg, 5.3rpg, and 1.5spg

Fultz: 8ppg, 3.7rpg, 3.1apg, and 0.9spg

Fultz has played in 33 games in 2 seasons in the League. LOL.

It is pretty crazy Ball is that close in stats to someone that sucks.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,821.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best stat?

Ball has played in 3 times as many games.....

99 to 33.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should have traded Ball when he still had decent value.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should have traded Ball when he still had decent value.
He still has trade value, but the Lakers will have to pretend like they want to keep him and hope he stays healthy going into Feb of 2020 - and then trade his ass. Magic Johnson made some other mistakes as well. Luke Walton wanted Magic to resign Julius Randle and Brook Lopez. That combination would have been far better then signing KCP. The Lakers should have kept Zubac as well. Magic can redeem himself this summer, however if he is able to get a Kawhi Leonard or Jimmy Butler, or Kevin Durant. Randle will be a free agent again as well and would be a decent player on defense.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He still has trade value, but the Lakers will have to pretend like they want to keep him and hope he stays healthy going into Feb of 2020 - and then trade his ass. Magic Johnson made some other mistakes as well. Luke Walton wanted Magic to resign Julius Randle and Brook Lopez. That combination would have been far better then signing KCP. The Lakers should have kept Zubac as well. Magic can redeem himself this summer, however if he is able to get a Kawhi Leonard or Jimmy Butler, or Kevin Durant. Randle will be a free agent again as well and would be a decent player on defense.

After the AD fiasco, they are going to have to overpay for talent.
Why would a FA trust that front office after they were prepared to jettison the entire team????

Probably will not be as bad as Mozgov/Deng, but Kawhi/JB/Kemba don't want to be second banana to LBJ and have to work twice as hard on defense. I highly doubt Randel would come back, but if they max him out, who knows.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure it's really much of a gamble. If they don't trade AD, they can tank and start over. Getting mediocre pieces in return and living in the 7-10 range is the worst spot to be in.

It's a gamble in the sense that the Lakers offer was fair, but beatable. So they decided to wait until the off-season when they can get a better offer, but they may find that the better offer isn't there.

Btw, waiting until the off-season was absolutely the right move by them. The Lakers offer, or something close to it, will always be there. So, if the Celtics don't make a better offer, they still have a fair deal from the Lakers. But if the Celtics do beat it, then they get an even better deal. Win/win for them, imo.

Yeah no doubt Fultz has been awful, but he's also behind Simmons and Redick at the guard spots. Lonzo isn't playing over both either. If Fultz was drafted by LA he'd have played more minutes per game no doubt. Lonzo doesn't really have any attributes IMO, outside of his slightly above average defense. If there was anything elite about him, he would viewed as more valuable. He's got no value right now. In his stats and around the league .

If you think Lonzo doesn't have any attributes, I really don't know what to tell you. I've literally spelled out exactly what is attributes are according to NBA scouts, coaches and GM's.

Redick would have absolutely no impact on Lonzo's playing time if he were on the Sixers because Lonzo is a point guard and Redick is a shooting guard. But he's still not playing over Simmons.

Also, not playing on the Sixers because of Simmons, doesn't mean there aren't plenty of other NBA teams that he would play on. For example, if he went to the Suns who have plenty of guys who can score, but have no one to distribute the ball and run their offense, they become a much better team.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a gamble in the sense that the Lakers offer was fair, but beatable. So they decided to wait until the off-season when they can get a better offer, but they may find that the better offer isn't there.

Btw, waiting until the off-season was absolutely the right move by them. The Lakers offer, or something close to it, will always be there. So, if the Celtics don't make a better offer, they still have a fair deal from the Lakers. But if the Celtics do beat it, then they get an even better deal. Win/win for them, imo.

If you think Lonzo doesn't have any attributes, I really don't know what to tell you. I've literally spelled out exactly what is attributes are according to NBA scouts, coaches and GM's.

Redick would have absolutely no impact on Lonzo's playing time if he were on the Sixers because Lonzo is a point guard and Redick is a shooting guard. But he's still not playing over Simmons.

Also, not playing on the Sixers because of Simmons, doesn't mean there aren't plenty of other NBA teams that he would play on. For example, if he went to the Suns who have plenty of guys who can score, but have no one to distribute the ball and run their offense, they become a much better team.

The perception is that he has those attributes, but it's hardly been on display in the the NBA.

And I only brought up JJ because Fultz was starting earlier this year in that spot. That's why I'm saying it's pretty obvious Lonzo would get similar playing time as Fultz did in Philly.

And yes, I guess he would start for one of the worst teams in the league. I mean is that something to be proud of though? Lmao.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? So you've never seen him play then. Thanks for letting me know.

I've seen him play alot(no team gets more unwarranted nationally televised games than the Lakers). He's had some good moments, but he never stuck out to me as someone who is good. I thought he'd be better because he looked awesome at UCLA.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron doesn't care, his tv show just kicked off.

LeBron's interest in basketball is dropping, he completely used the LA Lakers to further build his brand and empire.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen him play alot(no team gets more unwarranted nationally televised games than the Lakers). He's had some good moments, but he never stuck out to me as someone who is good. I thought he'd be better because he looked awesome at UCLA.

Then I'd say you need to look a little closer. When he is out, the Lakers are far less efficient on both ends of the floor.

Part of what makes him good is his ability to enhance his teammates games without "taking over" the game himself. The only thing he's interested in is getting guys the ball in the best position to score. He doesn't even "hunt" for assists like a lot of point guards. He's perfectly happy with the "hockey assist" of making the pass that leads to the assist.

The biggest difference between how he played at UCLA and how he has played in the NBA, is his shooting. He shot much better at UCLA than he has in the NBA.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then I'd say you need to look a little closer. When he is out, the Lakers are far less efficient on both ends of the floor.

Part of what makes him good is his ability to enhance his teammates games without "taking over" the game himself. The only thing he's interested in is getting guys the ball in the best position to score. He doesn't even "hunt" for assists like a lot of point guards. He's perfectly happy with the "hockey assist" of making the pass that leads to the assist.

The biggest difference between how he played at UCLA and how he has played in the NBA, is his shooting. He shot much better at UCLA than he has in the NBA.

So the part that makes him good is letting everyone else do stuff? I mean come on. Lol. He can't take over games because he isn't good enough, because he can't shoot, or get to the rim effectively enough.

I'll admit the Lakers haven't looked good defensively without him. But it's hard to gauge because they stopped giving a shit about a month ago.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No pretending necessary. The Lakers want to keep him. It won't prevent them from moving him for a superstar in trade, but otherwise he's staying.

Slopez was always a placeholder player, not going to be retained. Zubac would not have been brought back this summer unless their plan falls completely apart. Randle was an example of that last summer.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the part that makes him good is letting everyone else do stuff? I mean come on. Lol. He can't take over games because he isn't good enough, because he can't shoot, or get to the rim effectively enough.

Ball was getting more aggressive with his offense in the games prior to his injury, really looked to be turning a corner there. Other than that, yes, that IS what the point guard's traditional role is; to distribute the ball within the offense and defend your position.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the part that makes him good is letting everyone else do stuff? I mean come on.

You understand that setting up other players to succeed is literally the job description of a point guard, right?

I mean, c'mon.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ball was getting more aggressive with his offense in the games prior to his injury, really looked to be turning a corner there. Other than that, yes, that IS what the point guard's traditional role is; to distribute the ball within the offense and defend your position.

Sure your traditional pg of 25-30 years ago. The game has changed though. Pg's are shooting it more than ever. If Lonzo doesn't improve his shooting all the other "elite" stuff he does won't matter.