• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Le Trap @ Pens GNT: Game 5

Jimmy_the_Tongue

Walks Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I miss Hal Gill in Pittsburgh...I knew the Pens would miss him...a lot of people here couldn't stand him....I just want to say to said people...."I was right...you were wrong:p"

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I miss Hal Gill in Pittsburgh...I knew the Pens would miss him...a lot of people here couldn't stand him....I just want to say to said people...."I was right...you were wrong:p"

I liked Gill while he was on the Pens. I also knew, considering he was a UFA after winning the cup, that his value would never be higher, and therefore... priced his way out of Pittsburgh.
It was the same issue with Scuds. They both got overpaid for what their true talent level should get them, IMO. But, winning the cup and having the luxury of being a UFA afterward is a 'perfect storm' for some of these guys, Scuds and Gill are two of many.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the competitive fire burns deep in Sid, and he saw what Toews did against the Canucks last night. Halak better be at the top of his game, as I expect a big game from #87 tonight. That said, go Habs!

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Gill while he was on the Pens. I also knew, considering he was a UFA after winning the cup, that his value would never be higher, and therefore... priced his way out of Pittsburgh.
It was the same issue with Scuds. They both got overpaid for what their true talent level should get them, IMO. But, winning the cup and having the luxury of being a UFA afterward is a 'perfect storm' for some of these guys, Scuds and Gill are two of many.

I agree with you about Gill pricing himself out of Pittsburgh and being overpaid, for what he offers but I really think that Rob Scuderi is still a value at 3.4 per year. In all honesty, I think that he is more important to a team like Pittsburgh than a guy like Letang is (whom I do think is overpaid). A team with the offensive weaponry, like the Pens needs less scoring from the backside but needs to have good skating guys who do not over-commit and can get back. I feel like guys like him are hard to come by and that a commitment in Pittsburgh to a pairing f either Gogo or Letang with Scuderi, long term would have been better than committing to the two offensive guys. I know the cap strangled that option, but I would have tried like hell to make it work. I mean look at who Scuds is playing with in LA, and that is a hell of a duo.

Then again, my team is golfing today, so what do I know....

Jimmy_the_Tongue

Walks Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sid is due...no doubt....I'm hoping Halak goes the Harmalov route against the Pens...Harmalov was a wall last year..until the Pens started chipping away...

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I could have sworn Wings fans were railing against Gill in last year's SCF for the very same thing. Hmmm.

Yes, but that was different because ALL the Wings were doing it too, Gill was just the one Penguin smart enough to return the favor.

It's not his fault that when he's skating backwards, the only way to keep forwards from beating him like a rented mule is to mimic a momma grizzly bear protecting her cubs.

ELYEAH82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Any score predictions? I am going 4-1 Pens

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sid is ready for this shit....he has been training:

penguin-jedi.png

Well...that Penguin has 2 throbbing rods in his hands and also appears dick-less, so....it must be Crosby.

:D

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got a 15-page research paper due on Monday, but hockey is more important than chemistry in May, so I'll be taking a 3-hour study break tonight.

Go Pens!

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20100508penguins10_500.jpg

Honest guys... It's not obstruction:rolleyes:

I don't see a hold there. I see a pylon sticking his arms out and saying "Go around me, pussy"... But I don't see a hold.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck to the Pens and the Habs. It should be a good one.