• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LBs

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, I love Sean Lee as a player, but the Sean Lee ball washing has gotten out of hand on this board. To say that Bob Sanders in his prime is nowhere even close to Sean Lee as a player is just asinine. Sanders was a two time All-Pro in the same conference as Ed Reed and Troy Polamalu while the latter two were still in their primes. Sanders being DPOY trumps anything Lee has ever done. Has Lee even made a Pro-Bowl yet?

@jarntt please take off the Cowboy colored shades - you're not being very objective here.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are we not talking about what each does with health? Almost every Lee season with health would have ended in being All Pro. And it's OK for you to stress Sanders full seasons, but ignore how few seasons there were, but dismiss how many times Lee was on track for All Pro seasons?

Again, Lee is a way better player when healthy. Not even close and not even remotely related to me being a Cowboy fan. And again, that's my opinion. Whether you agree or not doesn't really come into play.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"And again, that's my opinion. Whether you agree or not doesn't really come into play"

then why the hell are we here then? I know I've been asking this question lately. Seems like pissing on opinions is a very large part of all this and I thought everyone did it from time to time.

To the topic....I love football players that play the game all out at all times...that's Bob Sanders and Sean Lee and I never count off for injuries

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take Sanders any day of the week over Sean Lee and I absolutely LOVE Sean Lee.

Theres about 25 really good ILB in the NFL and about 2 really good safeties. Way way waaaaaaay harder to find a superstar Safety then it is finding a star ILB.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are we not talking about what each does with health? Almost every Lee season with health would have ended in being All Pro. And it's OK for you to stress Sanders full seasons, but ignore how few seasons there were, but dismiss how many times Lee was on track for All Pro seasons?

Again, Lee is a way better player when healthy. Not even close and not even remotely related to me being a Cowboy fan. And again, that's my opinion. Whether you agree or not doesn't really come into play.

I love Lee but he is "WAY" better than a player that won defensive player of the year? ILB just isnt that valuable of a position (especially if you run a 3-4). Lee is a flat out SUPERSTAR no doubt. But I dont know if you can say he is way better than a player that one DPOY award.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your opinion is just that, an opinion. It's not supported by anything other than your own personal assertions.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, I love Sean Lee as a player, but the Sean Lee ball washing has gotten out of hand on this board. To say that Bob Sanders in his prime is nowhere even close to Sean Lee as a player is just asinine. Sanders was a two time All-Pro in the same conference as Ed Reed and Troy Polamalu while the latter two were still in their primes. Sanders being DPOY trumps anything Lee has ever done. Has Lee even made a Pro-Bowl yet?

@jarntt please take off the Cowboy colored shades - you're not being very objective here.
I agree the Lee ball washing is ridiculous. Lee has shown glimpses of greatness, but he has not been healthy enough to be considered great. I hope Lee stays healthy and becomes an all-time great, I thought it was incorrect when they said we lost game when he went out. He was not having a good game like most of the d. He is not the difference maker that some think he is. Romo is.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Lee but he is "WAY" better than a player that won defensive player of the year? ILB just isnt that valuable of a position (especially if you run a 3-4). Lee is a flat out SUPERSTAR no doubt. But I dont know if you can say he is way better than a player that one DPOY award.
Yes, way better. In part because Sanders was overrated at this peak and his peak was very short even compared to Lee. He was a good player, but flawed as well. Never should have won the DPOY award. Lucked out that year had no great performances. i won't say guess who the top 5 were because everyone will just Google it and pretend they knew, but I'll post it:

AP NFL Defensive Player of the Year voting
Player Pos. Team Votes
Bob Sanders Safety Indianapolis 29
Patrick Kerney End Seattle 4
Albert Haynesworth Tackle Tennessee 4
Antonio Cromartie Cornerback San Diego 3
Mike Vrabel Linebacker New England 2

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sean Lee is a great Player when he can stay healthy. He can read a offense superbly.
When he retires I think he could become a very good coach in the NFL if he desired.

Just a thought

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, way better. In part because Sanders was overrated at this peak and his peak was very short even compared to Lee. He was a good player, but flawed as well. Never should have won the DPOY award. Lucked out that year had no great performances. i won't say guess who the top 5 were because everyone will just Google it and pretend they knew, but I'll post it:

AP NFL Defensive Player of the Year voting
Player Pos. Team Votes
Bob Sanders Safety Indianapolis 29
Patrick Kerney End Seattle 4
Albert Haynesworth Tackle Tennessee 4
Antonio Cromartie Cornerback San Diego 3
Mike Vrabel Linebacker New England 2

To call bob sanders overrated is just stupid.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sean Lee is a great Player when he can stay healthy. He can read a offense superbly.
When he retires I think he could become a very good coach in the NFL if he desired.

Just a thought
I've thought the same thing, he knows what he's doing that a definite.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To call bob sanders overrated is just stupid.
Not sure you understand the meaning of the term over rated. Doesn't mean not good, just less than others are portraying. Question...is it More stupid than saying you would take him over Polamalu or Ed Reed?

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have taken a healthy Bob Sanders over definitely Polamalu. Reed was amazing. That might be a tough decision

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure you understand the meaning of the term over rated. Doesn't mean not good, just less than others are portraying. Question...is it More stupid than saying you would take him over Polamalu or Ed Reed?
No way I would take Sanders over Reed or Troy P

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In his prime, Sandes was a game changer on defense. He was not overrated. There has never been many teams that had one game changing player. Troy was out of position a lot of times. Ed Reed was the best to me.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In his prime, Sandes was a game changer on defense. He was not overrated. There has never been many teams that had one game changing player. Troy was out of position a lot of times. Ed Reed was the best to me.

I had the pleasure of watching Ed Reed's entire NFL career - every week, just about. An absolutely GREAT player. Hands down the best Free Safety in my lifetime, and it's really not even that close. Listen to Bill Belichick and Tom Brady talk about Reed.

Polamalu was a great player, too, but he was more of an "in the box" terror. Reed played "center field" on the grid iron like no other. Put Reed and Polamalu together in the same defense and they would make the Legion of Boom look like a division II secondary.

From this generation of Safety's, only Earl Thomas is a consistent standout. Eric Berry's career has been derailed a bit. I can't think of any others I would classify as great.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the guy for SF named Reid.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah Wilcox Duh

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had the pleasure of watching Ed Reed's entire NFL career - every week, just about. An absolutely GREAT player. Hands down the best Free Safety in my lifetime, and it's really not even that close. Listen to Bill Belichick and Tom Brady talk about Reed.

Polamalu was a great player, too, but he was more of an "in the box" terror. Reed played "center field" on the grid iron like no other. Put Reed and Polamalu together in the same defense and they would make the Legion of Boom look like a division II secondary.

From this generation of Safety's, only Earl Thomas is a consistent standout. Eric Berry's career has been derailed a bit. I can't think of any others I would classify as great.
Reed easily the best centerfield type safety I've ever seen. But Polamula actually did both. Was great in the box, blitzing, stepping up to make huge run stopping plays and was also great in space and with instincts...toss up for me. I always liked Reed more, but not sure which was better overall...ill take either (or Sanders) for this team!!!

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reed easily the best centerfield type safety I've ever seen. But Polamula actually did both. Was great in the box, blitzing, stepping up to make huge run stopping plays and was also great in space and with instincts...toss up for me. I always liked Reed more, but not sure which was better overall...ill take either (or Sanders) for this team!!!

Have to go with Reed being the better overall player over Polamalu. Reed was a turnover machine. Polamalu was great but give me Reed 10/10.

Reed Regular Season
174 Games
64 INT
13 Fumble Recoveries
11 Forced Fumbles
141 Pass Defenses
531 Tackles
6 Sacks
9 TD's INT/FUMBLE returns
1 Punt Return TD

Playoffs
15 G
9 INT
1 FR
15 PD
38 Tackles

Polamalu Regular Season
158 Games
32 INT
7 FR
14 FF
108 PD
581 Tackles
12 Sacks
5 TD's INT/F returns

Playoffs
15 G
3 INT's
3 PD
21 Tackles
.5 Sacks

Reed really played his best football in the playoffs. He had such an out-sized impact on games, there aren't many players who changed the game the way Reed did when he was on the field.

Last edited: