• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LB spots... now what?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that Bostic looks extremely impressive for the second week in a row, what the hell do we do when DJ Williams is healthy?

I really like DJ Williams, and I'd be very upset to see that signing go to waste. I still want to see the veteran play in the middle.

But then, I guess you have to move Bostic to the strong side, and bench Anderson? He looks pretty good too.

I suppose they'll rotate Anderson and Bostic. Although, I don't know if I want Bostic leaving the field for too many snaps come week one. He looks great.

Not a bad problem to have, I suppose.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bostic is the opening day starter, DJ the excellent backup.

Sportsmen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should start Bostic. He might make some mistakes but he needs to start and play.

RaptorII

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, what a great "problem".
Can they be co-starters?
Split time, and make it plain that they are both starters regardless of who is on the field for the first snap.
Bostic will have plenty of time to get playing time, we need to use Williams too.

RaptorII

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kahseem Greene too, -we are flush with linebackers.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bostic has shown signs in coverage that he is still a rook. Loved that hit. But still not sure of who the starter should be. DJ still has a lot of experience. I'll let the coaches figure this out.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJ best get back on the field, if he even wants a semblance of a chance at starting.

Bostic looks legit. The few coverage mishaps that I've seen, are easily erased with experience. He just needs to make sure he gets a piece of any WR within five yds. Both of the coverage mishaps that I've seen were a result of that, one, maybe even involving a "pick". Illegal or otherwise.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJ best get back on the field, if he even wants a semblance of a chance at starting.

Bostic looks legit. The few coverage mishaps that I've seen, are easily erased with experience. He just needs to make sure he gets a piece of any WR within five yds. Both of the coverage mishaps that I've seen were a result of that, one, maybe even involving a "pick". Illegal or otherwise.

1 of the coverage problems I was refering to. Turned into TD for the opposition. He took too long to decipher a play action pass . Thus letting the WR get behind him.
The guy has talent no doubt. But would a healthy DJ make the same mistake? I really don't know. But would Like to see an expierenced guy playing MLB for my Bears.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bostic is the opening day starter, DJ the excellent backup.

DJ Williams is far too good to be a backup. I think they might let him go if he doesn't win a starting job.

Personally, I don't see where they would sit him down on the bench. He's had better numbers than Urlacher in his career. He's a stud.

I think you move Bostic over to the strong side. He's still a bit weak in his pass drop. I'm not at all convinced that he's a great MLB in a Tampa 2 scheme quite yet. He'll be great in Roach's spot.

You have a top notch veteran MLB on your roster. There's no need to rush Bostic into things. If the Bears coaching staff is smart, they won't do that.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trestman will put the players out there to succeed, thats for sure.

DJ and Bostic, maybe he wont stick to the cover 2 for long. You gotta think we have the personnel to go to a 3-4.

love the sports center replaying that hit like it was a yankee highlight, Boom-Bostic, might stick like he does.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJ Williams is far too good to be a backup. I think they might let him go if he doesn't win a starting job.

Personally, I don't see where they would sit him down on the bench. He's had better numbers than Urlacher in his career. He's a stud.

I think you move Bostic over to the strong side. He's still a bit weak in his pass drop. I'm not at all convinced that he's a great MLB in a Tampa 2 scheme quite yet. He'll be great in Roach's spot.

You have a top notch veteran MLB on your roster. There's no need to rush Bostic into things. If the Bears coaching staff is smart, they won't do that.

Good points. Great problem to have.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trestman will put the players out there to succeed, thats for sure.

DJ and Bostic, maybe he wont stick to the cover 2 for long. You gotta think we have the personnel to go to a 3-4.

love the sports center replaying that hit like it was a yankee highlight, Boom-Bostic, might stick like he does.

Don't ever bring up the 3 4 thing. Trust me, you'll get a verble beating.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO, just no, the kid is still a rookie, we have DJ Williams for a reason. Let the rookie do the rookie things and learn a bit. It is obvious he can play, but he's not at the Williams level of understanding just yet. But, you never know, if another injury occurs...

55briggs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Briggs, Bostic, Anderson our reg season starters.55-57-50

C

cubzzzfanincali

I didn't see the game, so this is hearsay, but I heard from folks who watched the game said that all of our LBs did not look very good last night. Something about making a lot of mistakes on first steps. Just looking at the box score doesn't look like the Bears defended the run very well at all.

It's a preseason game, so I'm not too alarmed, but anointing Bostic as a starter might be a tad premature if these reports are correct.