• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Last year's injuries = this year's bargains???

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing devil's advocate here, to an extent...has Kelvin learned how to actually catch and hang onto the ball?
Touche...but if TO can seemingly lead the league in drops every year and still be a stud, I'd take my chances. It's not like this is Braylon Edwards or something

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is assuming that all acl injuries will be good as new

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides coming back from injury Jordy Nelson is getting up there in age i'm expecting some drop off(WR2)

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is assuming that all acl injuries will be good as new
I dunno about all..but when seemingly all are performed by world renowned surgeons, they all have the best available PT's, available around the clock, the best equipment, personal trainers, daily treatment. .my fears are eased considerably. Especially if the stats and comparisons are including "weekend warrior" athletes who don't have all those things at their disposal, nor do they have a multi million dollar contact hanging in the balance to motivate them to not just do the PT. but do it right.

So when it comes to pro athletes, I'll generally assume a full recovery with injuries that have somewhat become "routine". ACL's, MCL's, PCL's, Tommy John..not such a big deal anymore. Achilles and Patellar tendons? ? That's a different beast

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides coming back from injury Jordy Nelson is getting up there in age i'm expecting some drop off(WR2)

That's how it should be...it's only natural...

...I think Jordy's gearing up for a monster year. ;)

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno about all..but when seemingly all are performed by world renowned surgeons, they all have the best available PT's, available around the clock, the best equipment, personal trainers, daily treatment. .my fears are eased considerably. Especially if the stats and comparisons are including "weekend warrior" athletes who don't have all those things at their disposal, nor do they have a multi million dollar contact hanging in the balance to motivate them to not just do the PT. but do it right.

So when it comes to pro athletes, I'll generally assume a full recovery with injuries that have somewhat become "routine". ACL's, MCL's, PCL's, Tommy John..not such a big deal anymore. Achilles and Patellar tendons? ? That's a different beast
I'm just a rehab director....

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just a rehab director....
Understood and respected. .but how many of your patients get undivided daily attention, a personal trainer, a team of therapists/masseuses whose sole purpose is that one guy, ice baths, whirlpools, wave polls, endless access to the best equipment and on and on, with no financial restrictions or a care in the world about whether insurance will cover it? Their results are likely to be outside the norm becuase they receive outside the norm care.
Not at all trying to tell you your job, belittle you or your facility, but these guys aren't going to their local occupational therapy center 2-3 times a week for one hour sessions and then back to home or work.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Understood and respected. .but how many of your patients get undivided daily attention, a personal trainer, a team of therapists/masseuses whose sole purpose is that one guy, ice baths, whirlpools, wave polls, endless access to the best equipment and on and on, with no financial restrictions or a care in the world about whether insurance will cover it? Their results are likely to be outside the norm becuase they receive outside the norm care.
Not at all trying to tell you your job, belittle you or your facility, but these guys aren't going to their local occupational therapy center 2-3 times a week for one hour sessions and then back to home or work.
Most receive 1on 1 it's been guidelines guidelines. Slightly more yes, but not as much as you think.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most receive 1on 1 it's been guidelines guidelines. Slightly more yes, but not as much as you think.
That's good to hear though. My PT was a five minute sit down with some guy to show me what to do, then 55 minutes of sitting there by myself while he attended to 5 other people

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's good to hear though. My PT was a five minute sit down with some guy to show me what to do, then 55 minutes of sitting there by myself while he attended to 5 other people
That's crap. But it's how it used to be unfortunately

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the post monkey! Lev Bell in my opinion should go 1 or 2 every draft, cant see him going outside the top 3 unless the scoring favored wrs.

I absolutely love Kelvin Benjamin this year!!

Jordy Nelson should be Jordy Nelson again, if healthy could/should have 100 rec season
Keep selling Benjamin so I can get my guy Hopkins

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep selling Benjamin so I can get my guy Hopkins

Hopkins end of 1st.
No way Benji reaches that draft position this season.
But I like your thoughts!

And to chime in on @SteelersPride and @TREFF convo - one of the biggest things for me is the timing of the injury. 2nd half of the year or beyond? I'm not interested.
beginning of the season, or as in Jordy and Benji's case, last summer, and you're looking at a full year plus a couple months removed from the injury.

And don't worry folks, I compounded my risks instead of mitigating them.....took Ryan Mathews as well, LOL

Charles, Jordy, Matt Jones, Kelvin, Mathews, Russell Athletic

Suicide format, so I took Jones/Mathews based purely off of projected # of touches.
They both should get some passing down work mixed in as well, imo.
But watch, now both teams will probably bring in a vet RB2 that siphons some fantasy value from these guys.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopkins end of 1st.
Charles, Jordy, Matt Jones, Kelvin, Mathews, Russell Athletic

looking to add Tyler Lockett and/or Prosise somewhere in the draft, to try to capture some stacking scoring with Wilson in this format. 2 guys on the same team having a good stretch could easily carry your team in the suicide.
Eli-Odell 2yrs ago, Wilson-Baldwin last year

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should the Steelers be worried about Le'Veon Bell's knee injury?

Just saying.....

N she has physical therapy "background"

Oh ESPN, will you ever be on the same page as yourself??

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler says "there's no reason to believe" Le'Veon Bell (MCL, PCL) won't be ready for Week 1.

The Steelers have yet to a put timetable on Bell's return, but he was cleared for cutting in March and underwent blood-flow restriction therapy last month. He's expected to miss OTAs and won't be ready until training camp at the earliest. Bell has avoided setbacks to this point, but PCL injuries can be difficult to recover from. Bell will be 10 months removed from surgery for Week 1.
Source: ESPN.com
May 11 - 5:40 PM

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait monkey huge difference bw ready to play and coming back 100% . That's what I'm trying to get across. Or coming back like thy were pre injury