• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Last year's injuries = this year's bargains???

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RBs were decimated
WRs didn't escape unscathed either

Kicking aside the obvious research of keeping tabs on the rehab process, but let's say last year's IR squad is healthy coming into 2016-17.

Where do you take them?

I'll highlight a few of the marquee names, feel free to add onto my thoughts and expand the player list

J. Charles - if his rehab goes well, you can nab a top 5 guy at the end of 1/beginning of 2
M. Ingram - shoulder injury might push him outside the top 10 RBs. If he gets the % of carries he was before the injury, could easily land in the top 10
D. Lewis - just a fluke that he was working the Woodhead/Vereen role better than Woodhead/Vereen before his injury? Natural slide on draft day since he runs for the hoodie to begin with, could be a great RB4 on draft day that finds a regular flex spot week-to-week
L. Bell - pretty sure most of us are already past this injury and still expect him to get drafted in the top 5
K. Allen - was rebounding nicely from a poor sophomore showing before the injury. thought this one was pretty serious, like a lacerated kidney or something intense like that.
C. Hyde - been banged up both years in the league, couldn't wrest too many carries from an aging Frank Gore rookie season, flash in the pan with a couple good games before getting injured. Chip Kelly bump in 2016 though, could be a nice zero RB strategy pick if he can handle the workload
J. Forsett - too muddy of a backfield situation in Baltimore to have any kind of a read on this situation in May. @The Foot, if you are still wondering about Donald in your dynasty league, watch the replay of this injury. Forsett doesn't even have time to look after getting the ball. Probably OL fault or play calling fault, in reality.
J. Nelson - should be all systems go since the injury was around June last year. I'd assume we would be talking about Nelson in similar regard as Allen Robinson/DeAndre Hopkins territory if he played a full season last year, with RBs being devalued out of the 1st round.
K. Benjamin - see above, change all 'Nelsons' to 'Benjamins'
D. Bryant - tricked a few owners last year with his early recovery that led to little production, even though the cowboys were still in the playoff hunt. Becoming too TD dependent for me to pull the trigger at end of 1st/beginning 2nd. Would like to see him have 2 productive halves each Sunday as well.
J. Edelman - injured late in the year, seems to get overlooked the last couple seasons even though Brady likes targeting him frequently. Can't see him falling out of the top 20 WRs drafted this year, which might be too high for me to get him on any teams. Truly, I don't want any patriots this year except Gronk. Too hard to rely on with the constant game plan flipping the patriots have mastered in recent seasons.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RBs were decimated

Kicking aside the obvious research of keeping tabs on the rehab process, but let's say last year's IR squad is healthy coming into 2016-17.

Where do you take them?

I'll highlight a few of the marquee names, feel free to add onto my thoughts and expand the player list

J. Charles - if his rehab goes well, you can nab a top 5 guy at the end of 1/beginning of 2
M. Ingram - shoulder injury might push him outside the top 10 RBs. If he gets the % of carries he was before the injury, could easily land in the top 10
D. Lewis - just a fluke that he was working the Woodhead/Vereen role better than Woodhead/Vereen before his injury? Natural slide on draft day since he runs for the hoodie to begin with, could be a great RB4 on draft day that finds a regular flex spot week-to-week
L. Bell - pretty sure most of us are already past this injury and still expect him to get drafted in the top 5
K. Allen - was rebounding nicely from a poor sophomore showing before the injury. thought this one was pretty serious, like a lacerated kidney or something intense like that.
C. Hyde - been banged up both years in the league, couldn't wrest too many carries from an aging Frank Gore rookie season, flash in the pan with a couple good games before getting injured. Chip Kelly bump in 2016 though, could be a nice zero RB strategy pick if he can handle the workload
J. Forsett - too muddy of a backfield situation in Baltimore to have any kind of a read on this situation in May. @The Foot, if you are still wondering about Donald in your dynasty league, watch the replay of this injury. Forsett doesn't even have time to look after getting the ball. Probably OL fault or play calling fault, in reality.
J. Nelson - should be all systems go since the injury was around June last year. I'd assume we would be talking about Nelson in similar regard as Allen Robinson/DeAndre Hopkins territory if he played a full season last year, with RBs being devalued out of the 1st round.
D. Bryant - tricked a few owners last year with his early recovery that led to little production, even though the cowboys were still in the playoff hunt. Becoming too TD dependent for me to pull the trigger at end of 1st/beginning 2nd. Would like to see him have 2 productive halves each Sunday as well.
J. Edelman - injured late in the year, seems to get overlooked the last couple seasons even though Brady likes targeting him frequently. Can't see him falling out of the top 20 WRs drafted this year, which might be too high for me to get him on any teams. Truly, I don't want any patriots this year except Gronk. Too hard to rely on with the constant game plan flipping the patriots have mastered in recent seasons.

JC - not touching at a top 24 price
Ingy - hope I don't have to take him in the 3rd
Lewis - interested, but will be watching closely
Bell - if he falls to 1 or lower he's gone
Allen - no problem taking him as a strong WR3 or weak WR2
Hyde - like any RB with a heart beat, I'll take a look if the price is right
Forsett - not touching
Nelson - no worries
Benji - more worried than Jordy, but won't avoid
Dez - probably no worries
Edelman - worried, but won't avoid at the right price

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im in rehab, so I definitely have my eye on some these injuries that I know more about than most......and am not always following the "he looks good" or "medicine is so advanced"

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RBs were decimated

Where do you take them?

a few of thse I thing are pegged wrong, the one guy that doesn't worry me is ingram....saying that im sure he'll be the first to reinjure anything, do nothing this year, but his injury is the least problematic

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I caution everyone on ACL's, everyone in the fantasy football world thinks because AP did it, that everyone else does, for every 1 AP, theres 10 other guys who didn't come back normal....they may good, but not where they were...

and theres a lot of ligaments on that list

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I caution everyone on ACL's, everyone in the fantasy football world thinks because AP did it, that everyone else does, for every 1 AP, theres 10 other guys who didn't come back normal....they may good, but not where they were...

and theres a lot of ligaments on that list

How quickly would you pull the trigger on West, if you did something a little panicked in an early draft, and took Charles..................towards the end of round 1..................in a suicide format............

first round:
Bell, Brown, Beckham, Hopkins, Gronk, Gurley, Julio, DJohnson, AP, Charles, Lamar, Dez
I really wanted AP or Julio/Hopkins to fall to 10, but that just didn't happen. Was still too hesitant to take Zeke in the 1st round, and just figured I'd make drafting West a priority once I had the guys I wanted.

Suicide format with .5ppr, my team so far would've been the All-Injury squad last year:
Charles (5th RB 1.10), Jordy (8th WR, 2.15), Matt Jones (16th RB 3.34), Kelvin (17th WR 4.39)

I was thinking 6RBs/WRs (prob 3 of each, knowing my own tendencies), QB, TE, so that takes out my first 8 rounds, making West my round 9 pick - this is pretty much my game plan, unless I see ANY handcuffs drafted, then I'll make West my next immediate pick to ensure I lock down what should be the Andy Reid RB1 for KC offense.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How quickly would you pull the trigger on West, if you did something a little panicked in an early draft, and took Charles..................towards the end of round 1..................in a suicide format............

first round:
Bell, Brown, Beckham, Hopkins, Gronk, Gurley, Julio, DJohnson, AP, Charles, Lamar, Dez
I really wanted AP or Julio/Hopkins to fall to 10, but that just didn't happen. Was still too hesitant to take Zeke in the 1st round, and just figured I'd make drafting West a priority once I had the guys I wanted.

Suicide format with .5ppr, my team so far would've been the All-Injury squad last year:
Charles (5th RB 1.10), Jordy (8th WR, 2.15), Matt Jones (16th RB 3.34), Kelvin (17th WR 4.39)

I was thinking 6RBs/WRs (prob 3 of each, knowing my own tendencies), QB, TE, so that takes out my first 8 rounds, making West my round 9 pick - this is pretty much my game plan, unless I see ANY handcuffs drafted, then I'll make West my next immediate pick to ensure I lock down what should be the Andy Reid RB1 for KC offense.
My guess is West goes before round 9. I'm not one of them, but there are a lot of people who think Charles won't be Charles this year and they'll lean on West more even if he is. He'll be one of the very first "nonstarter" RB's drafted. I'd guess no later than 6-7th, maybe even earlier. I know his adp currently is 12th..but, I think that's a serious steal

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard Jordy was running routes at the end of the season last year. I expect big things from him again.

I'm more concerned with Romo's injuries when it comes Dez, than I am Dez'.

No real opinion on anyone else on the list as of yet.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

first round:

He could be ok, that injury is a toss up. In avoiding the situation

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is West goes before round 9. I'm not one of them, but there are a lot of people who think Charles won't be Charles this year and they'll lean on West more even if he is. He'll be one of the very first "nonstarter" RB's drafted. I'd guess no later than 6-7th, maybe even earlier. I know his adp currently is 12th..but, I think that's a serious steal
Not to mention ware who was coming on

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard Jordy was running routes at the end of the season last year. I expect big things from him again.

I'm more concerned with Romo's injuries when it comes Dez, than I am Dez'.

No real opinion on anyone else on the list as of yet.
Should be that bone rotates with every throw

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention ware who was coming on

This is what I was gonna say. Ware passed the eye test for me. Wouldn't shock me if he led their backfield in TD.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what I was gonna say. Ware passed the eye test for me. Wouldn't shock me if he led their backfield in TD.
He surpassed west last year, to an extent, could be three headed attack. History means nothing

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He surpassed west last year, to an extent, could be three headed attack. History means nothing

I think that leads more owners to avoid taking either one, leaving at least 1 for me regardless.

And let's be real, if Charles is Charles, West and Ware come in to spell him, nothing more, even in the red zone. Neither has the elite skill set Charles possesses. He can literally take it to the house on any play, from any where on the field. Only thing would be if they ease him into the season, but if it matters and he's healthy, Charles will be on the field, imo.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that leads more owners to avoid taking either one, leaving at least 1 for me regardless.

And let's be real, if Charles is Charles, West and Ware come in to spell him, nothing more, even in the red zone. Neither has the elite skill set Charles possesses. He can literally take it to the house on any play, from any where on the field. Only thing would be if they ease him into the season, but if it matters and he's healthy, Charles will be on the field, imo.
There's the if bud, if he's healthy, also with wear and tear and two ok backs they very likely may limit touches to endure health, reinjury is really possible. Just saying.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From my perspective, TKO's analysis has nailed it.

Ram Tough

You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the post monkey! Lev Bell in my opinion should go 1 or 2 every draft, cant see him going outside the top 3 unless the scoring favored wrs.

I absolutely love Kelvin Benjamin this year!!

Jordy Nelson should be Jordy Nelson again, if healthy could/should have 100 rec season

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cuz Cam Newton went apeshit with Olsen and friggin' Ted Ginn..Benji had 1000 and 9 scores as a rook..seems like a damn good situation

Playing devil's advocate here, to an extent...has Kelvin learned how to actually catch and hang onto the ball?