• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Last Sunday without Football until February

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
images4EK9HYJJ.jpg

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
images7MGLQKBW.jpg

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Preseason football is unwatchable and should not count towards "days without football"

I agree.

My Vikings play in the HOF game this year. I won't be watching.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who pissed in your cheerios this morning?

I was wondering the same thing. If you don't like Preseason then don't watch but don't ruin it for the rest of us that just love football even if it is preseason. Also to say it is meaningless is ridiculous. A lot of times this is the chance for those no name players to make a name for themselves and where we have seen some great players emerge.

Heck just to name a huge one for the Broncos was Terrell Davis. He was right on the edge of being cut during his rookie season when all of a sudden he made this huge special teams play that Bronco coaches still show today to the young guys to motivate them to keep pushing every day in practice. So it is not completely meaningless.

saspursfan

Trolling Is Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wondering the same thing. If you don't like Preseason then don't watch but don't ruin it for the rest of us that just love football even if it is preseason. Also to say it is meaningless is ridiculous. A lot of times this is the chance for those no name players to make a name for themselves and where we have seen some great players emerge.

Heck just to name a huge one for the Broncos was Terrell Davis. He was right on the edge of being cut during his rookie season when all of a sudden he made this huge special teams play that Bronco coaches still show today to the young guys to motivate them to keep pushing every day in practice. So it is not completely meaningless.
I didn't say it was meaningless, just unwatchable. You're making a strawman argument.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its just goes to show what kind of fan he is, thats all.

I'm a HUGE Steelers fan and I read & learn everything I can about every player on the team. You could ask me about any of the 90 players on the roster and chances are I know something, if not everything, about them. That's why I love the preseason just as much as the regular season. I like to watch the lesser known guys on their journey through the NFL. Some of the paths people take are pretty incredible.

True fans are knowledgeable ones. And in that sense, the more knowledge you know about your team, the better fan you are. Just my 2 cents.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say it was meaningless, just unwatchable. You're making a strawman argument.

Why is it unwatchable? It's football? I enjoy watching the young guys on the team trying to make the team. I enjoy watching the team basically doing live practices.

I won't watch other teams much but I would probably watch the Titans and Bucs a bit to see the young guns.

saspursfan

Trolling Is Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its just goes to show what kind of fan he is, thats all.

I'm a HUGE Steelers fan and I read & learn everything I can about every player on the team. You could ask me about any of the 90 players on the roster and chances are I know something, if not everything, about them. That's why I love the preseason just as much as the regular season. I like to watch the lesser known guys on their journey through the NFL. Some of the paths people take are pretty incredible.

True fans are knowledgeable ones. And in that sense, the more knowledge you know about your team, the better fan you are. Just my 2 cents.
I hold 4 season tickets that I pay for every year. So I'll bet that if you asked the team who is a better fan that they would say me by a mile and a half. So HA.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hold 4 season tickets that I pay for every year. So I'll bet that if you asked the team who is a better fan that they would say me by a mile and a half. So HA.
lol... There's hundreds of thousands of season ticket holders out there that I don't consider to be that great of fans. Just because you have the money doesn't mean you know shit about your team.

You're probably one of those fans that buys jerseys and then burns them when a player leaves in FA.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ok sorry Unwatchable...Still doesn't change the rest of my thoughts. If you don't like it then fine don't watch it. There are plenty of us though that love Preseason football because it does give us a chance to see 1) actual football on a field and 2) the young guys get a chance to show what they can do. We already know what the veterans can do. That is not really what preseason is about.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seriously? Oh my goodness if you are using the fact that you spent money to show you are a better fan then this conversation is over. There are plenty of people that spend tons of money but that doesn't mean they are great fans just means they have the means that many others don't. For me I don't live close to Denver and I work most Sunday mornings so getting to a game is not the easiest thing to do but that doesn't make me less of a fan just because I don't have season tickets to the games. Heck I know plenty of people who are season ticket holders who sell their tickets to probably over half the games just to make their money back on what they spent. It is a money making opportunity. So since they have season tickets does that make them a better fan even though maybe they don't watch but a handful of games during the season? Or even the person who goes to the games every home game does it really make them that much more of a fan than a guy that knows every single player on the team and like Face actually knows who the players are and a little about their background? I mean can you name me the practice squad guys from your team last year? I can for my team.

saspursfan

Trolling Is Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol... There's hundreds of thousands of season ticket holders out there that I don't consider to be that great of fans. Just because you have the money doesn't mean you know shit about your team.

You're probably one of those fans that buys jerseys and then burns them when a player leaves in FA.
So now YOU decide what you know or don't know about me and who is considered a good fan? LOL.

saspursfan

Trolling Is Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously? Oh my goodness if you are using the fact that you spent money to show you are a better fan then this conversation is over. There are plenty of people that spend tons of money but that doesn't mean they are great fans just means they have the means that many others don't. For me I don't live close to Denver and I work most Sunday mornings so getting to a game is not the easiest thing to do but that doesn't make me less of a fan just because I don't have season tickets to the games. Heck I know plenty of people who are season ticket holders who sell their tickets to probably over half the games just to make their money back on what they spent. It is a money making opportunity. So since they have season tickets does that make them a better fan even though maybe they don't watch but a handful of games during the season? Or even the person who goes to the games every home game does it really make them that much more of a fan than a guy that knows every single player on the team and like Face actually knows who the players are and a little about their background? I mean can you name me the practice squad guys from your team last year? I can for my team.
You really get worked up over my not caring about preseason football! I didn't even read all of that because it was too long! Funny that you would think I don't follow my team because I buy season tickets though.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now YOU decide what you know or don't know about me and who is considered a good fan? LOL.

Of which NFL team are you a fan, by the way?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really get worked up over my not caring about preseason football! I didn't even read all of that because it was too long! Funny that you would think I don't follow my team because I buy season tickets though.
By "following my team" you mean "googling names whenever so-and-so makes a play"

saspursfan

Trolling Is Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@cdumler7 said it best... No need to repeat

Have fun burning your jerseys :thumb:
I'll have fun on my 2-week cruise in Alaska this month during preseason football (that you'll be watching) and I'll still be back in time to show up (at my seat) for the first game of the season. By the way I used the money from the 8 total preseason seats that I sold to a "real fan" like you to pay for one of my excursions.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll have fun on my 2-week cruise in Alaska this month during preseason football (that you'll be watching) and I'll still be back in time to show up (at my seat) for the first game of the season. By the way I used the money from the 8 total preseason seats that I sold to a "real fan" like you to pay for one of my excursions.
lol... I'm sure.

Another self-proclaimed Texas "big shot"... :rolleyes2:

saspursfan

Trolling Is Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol... I'm sure.

Another self-proclaimed Texas "big shot"... :rolleyes2:
Who said anything about being from Texas? I certainly didn't. See that? You weren't even right about where I'm from.
Nice job stereotyping an entire group of people that doesn't even include me.
I'm just waiting for the "I'm not a real fan based on my post count" argument now.