• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

last nights game should show us...

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That we should slow our roll with Austin Davis. I'm not saying he's gonna fall off the wagon but how many times have we seen a back up QB come in light it up and then falter. I hope I'm wrong but lets reserve our reservations about why Fisher is claiming Hill is still that starter.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's based on Practice... Man!

That we should slow our roll with Austin Davis. I'm not saying he's gonna fall off the wagon but how many times have we seen a back up QB come in light it up and then falter. I hope I'm wrong but lets reserve our reservations about why Fisher is claiming Hill is still that starter.

Still something to be said for staying with the hot hand until proven otherwise. Starting the season, neither of these guys would be a starter for any other club. So why appoint one over the other based on practice.

It's easy to talk about it, it's easy to sum it up when you just talking about practice.

We sitting here NOT talkin bout WHO SUPPOSE to be the franchise player and we in here talking about practice.

I mean, listen, we talking about practice. Not a game, not a game, not a game we talking about practice. Not a game, not, nota, not a game that THEY go out there and die for and play every game like IT'S THEIR last.

Not the game, we're talking about practice man. I mean how silly is that? Man we talking about practice. I know THEY'RE suppose to be there, I know THEY'RE suppose to lead by example. I know that. And I'm not shoving it aside, you know like it don't mean anything.

I know it's important, I do. I honestly do but we talking about practice man. What are we talking about? Practice? We talking about practice man. We ta.... (laughs) We talking about practice. We talking about practice.

We ain't talking about the game. We talking about practice man.

When you come into the STADIUM and see HIM play, you see HIM play, don't you?

You see HIM give everything HE'S got, right?

But we talking about practice right now. We talking about pra... (Shakes head) Man look I hear you, it funny to HIM too. Errr it's strange to HIM too but we talking about practice man.

We not even talking about the game, the actual game when it matters. We just talking about practice.

:yahoo:

J-Rod

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Austin Davis NEVER has a game like the one Kirk had last night.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still something to be said for staying with the hot hand until proven otherwise. Starting the season, neither of these guys would be a starter for any other club. So why appoint one over the other based on practice.
It's easy to talk about it, it's easy to sum it up when you just talking about practice. We sitting here NOT talkin bout WHO SUPPOSE to be the franchise player and we in here talking about practice.

I mean, listen, we talking about practice. Not a game, not a game, not a game we talking about practice. Not a game, not, nota, not a game that THEY go out there and die for and play every game like IT'S THEIR last.

Not the game, we're talking about practice man. I mean how silly is that? Man we talking about practice. I know THEY'RE suppose to be there, I know THEY'RE suppose to lead by example. I know that. And I'm not shoving it aside, you know like it don't mean anything.

I know it's important, I do. I honestly do but we talking about practice man. What are we talking about? Practice? We talking about practice man. We ta.... (laughs) We talking about practice. We talking about practice.

We ain't talking about the game. We talking about practice man.

When you come into the STADIUM and see HIM play, you see HIM play, don't you?

You see HIM give everything HE'S got, right?

But we talking about practice right now. We talking about pra... (Shakes head) Man look I hear you, it funny to HIM too. Errr it's strange to HIM too but we talking about practice man.

We not even talking about the game, the actual game when it matters. We just talking about practice.

:yahoo:

:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think when you based your decisions on the performance of others, you should be fired.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jacob

I agree to an extent.

Yes, we need to slow our roll when it comes to anointing him the next great Ram QB.

However, there is no reason whatsoever that Fisher should go to Hill as the starter. He offers no upside whatsoever, and he does nothing Davis can't already do ( but better ).

There is a reason he has been a journeyman QB. Those type of guys are inserted when the starter goes down to try and keep the ship afloat for a few games. Not for 16, 15, 14, etc games.

Davis is still the better option because the Rams aren't going anywhere this season and he at least has upside.

Hill was signed to be the backup. Let him remain the backup.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hill was signed to be the backup. Let him remain the backup.

He wasn't signed to be the backup to Austin Davis however. Obviously, the Rams did not have Davis firmly in their plans the past two years. They cut him last year, and he was getting 4th QB crumbs in preseason prior to Bradford's injury.

It comes down to whether Fisher is more apt to roll with the "hot hand" (although that includes a 1-2 record with 2 pick 6s) or the old adage "you don't lose your job due to injury". Of course, there is some thought that Hill was benched for performance with a phantom injury, but that is difficult to determine.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn't signed to be the backup to Austin Davis however. Obviously, the Rams did not have Davis firmly in their plans the past two years. They cut him last year, and he was getting 4th QB crumbs in preseason prior to Bradford's injury.

It comes down to whether Fisher is more apt to roll with the "hot hand" (although that includes a 1-2 record with 2 pick 6s) or the old adage "you don't lose your job due to injury". Of course, there is some thought that Hill was benched for performance with a phantom injury, but that is difficult to determine.

And you have to start wondering what in the world this coaching staff is seeing because Davis has shown more moxie in 2 1/2 games than Bradford ever did or Hill ever has.

He isn't afraid to take shots downfield unlike our #1 overall QB bust, he's mobile in the pocket, and he is inspiring his teammates ( something we never saw from Bradford at all ).

Just because this FO cut him twice and signed Hill to be the backup doesn't mean they didn't make a mistake. Looking at the last few drafts should bring that into focus quite clearly.

The question is whether they are man enough to admit they were wrong and move forward. The Rams staff and FO will never know exactly what they have in Davis if they go back to Hill as a starter. They need to keep Davis as the starter for the season. By then, they will know what he is made of and whether they truly need to draft a QB or if they possibly have one already.

If they go with Hill, they will definitely be drafting a QB and quite possibly be wasting another 1st round pick ( much like this year with Robinson ).

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see a lot of folks on here being very cautious trying to avoid being fooled again having been through so many "what if" scenarios at QB over the years with the Rams. I said at the beginning and I am sticking to my prediction. Davis is the guy that we should go forward with at QB because he has so many things right now that Hill doesn't have. You don't break Brett Favre's record being a chump. I have already stated my case and I shall let all of you cautious folk keep being cautious. We shall see.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you have to start wondering what in the world this coaching staff is seeing because Davis has shown more moxie in 2 1/2 games than Bradford ever did or Hill ever has.

He isn't afraid to take shots downfield unlike our #1 overall QB bust, he's mobile in the pocket, and he is inspiring his teammates ( something we never saw from Bradford at all ).

Just because this FO cut him twice and signed Hill to be the backup doesn't mean they didn't make a mistake. Looking at the last few drafts should bring that into focus quite clearly.

The question is whether they are man enough to admit they were wrong and move forward. The Rams staff and FO will never know exactly what they have in Davis if they go back to Hill as a starter. They need to keep Davis as the starter for the season. By then, they will know what he is made of and whether they truly need to draft a QB or if they possibly have one already.

If they go with Hill, they will definitely be drafting a QB and quite possibly be wasting another 1st round pick ( much like this year with Robinson ).

Comparisons to Bradford don't matter, as he's done for at least the season, if not his Rams' career. Don't be so quick to write Hill off based on 1/2 of one game. Davis may have thrown for more yards against that Vikings game, but it only resulted in two Zuerlein FGs, one of which was from 56 yards out, while handing the Vikings a pick 6.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comparisons to Bradford don't matter, as he's done for at least the season, if not his Rams' career. Don't be so quick to write Hill off based on 1/2 of one game. Davis may have thrown for more yards against that Vikings game, but it only resulted in two Zuerlein FGs, one of which was from 56 yards out, while handing the Vikings a pick 6.

Shop

Of course Hill can be an adequate QB. I am not denying that.

What I am saying is he offers no upside. If the Rams go back to him and don't let Davis continue to develop, they may never know what they have in him and could waste a 1st round pick on a QB they may never need.

Let him start the rest of the season and see what you got in him. Period!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shop

Of course Hill can be an adequate QB. I am not denying that.

What I am saying is he offers no upside. If the Rams go back to him and don't let Davis continue to develop, they may never know what they have in him and could waste a 1st round pick on a QB they may never need.

Let him start the rest of the season and see what you got in him. Period!

...and what I am saying is that Fisher has gone out of his way to continue to back Hill as the starter, so don't get all wound up when he reinstates Hill like its the end of the world.

mikey728

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with ALR...Having said that, shopson is right as well...Fisher seems to be the kind of guy who believes in himself 200%, right or wrong..If he says he's going to do something like go back to Hill when he's healthy, I don't see any reason to be surprised to see him do it...The guys who want him gone should applaud that move because it might expedite his departure if it doesn't work out...

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guys who want him gone should applaud that move because it might expedite his departure if it doesn't work out...

Good point Mikey...:pound: