• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Last nights game deciding face mask...good or bad call?

Was the right call made?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with most of what has been said. In the heat of moment, looked like FM, in slow motion, not so much. The Lions dude even pulled his finger away and ended up grazing Rodgers under the helmet, which is why the chin strap ended up tangled in his teeth.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I saw the play live I thought the refs made the right call, I can't blame a ref for seeing it the way he did. That being said the question in this poll is "was the RIGHT call made". The answer is no, but at full speed I never would have guessed that it was clean. I can't blame the official for seeing it the way he did.

And Aaron did a great job of selling it, Very smart on his part.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus lets not forget what is important, I have a fringe playoff fantasy football team, but that last played scored me 12 points(QB's get 1 point for 10 yards, I don't like it but I was out voted). And now I have better shot at sneaking into the playoffs!!! Who gives a shit about the Lions record at this point anyway?

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with most of what has been said. In the heat of moment, looked like FM, in slow motion, not so much. The Lions dude even pulled his finger away and ended up grazing Rodgers under the helmet, which is why the chin strap ended up tangled in his teeth.

Ok I'm almost done whining about this, but I wish people would stop with this one. Watch the replay and you'll see, as Rodgers is on his way to the ground after any contact from the defender to his head, his helmet is still straight on his head and his chinstrap is still in place. The helmet was turned and the chin strap came loose when his head hit the ground.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And why isn't anybody talking about the way the Lions defended the hail mary? They only rushed 3 people, yet only 5 Lions were in the endzone, including a fucking linebacker. They should've had Calvin Johnson out there to defend it. Plus, they were all behind the play. The Lions deserved to lose this game. Fact. End of discussion.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the NFL such a wimpy league now that if your thumb grazes a face mask without g
Rodgers was trying to make an evasive move to avoid the defender. He actually ducked his head into the defenders outstretched arm. The ref who threw the flag had no way of seeing if the face ask was actually grabbed or even touched. There is no way that flag should have been thrown. The ref was assuming the face mask was grabbed because of the way Rodgers was tackled. How an official can throw a flag at that point in the game based on an assumption is beyond me.

This point can't be argued because we all saw the replay and we all saw the facemask was never grabbed.

Bingo! :agree:

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And why isn't anybody talking about the way the Lions defended the hail mary? They only rushed 3 people, yet only 5 Lions were in the endzone, including a fucking linebacker. They should've had Calvin Johnson out there to defend it. Plus, they were all behind the play. The Lions deserved to lose this game. Fact. End of discussion.
I don't think anybody disagrees with you. Horrible coaching, horrible effort, horrible everything. A loss like that could have only happened to the Lions.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And why isn't anybody talking about the way the Lions defended the hail mary?

Like most people....live and it looked like a penalty. Replay...not so much.

However, I don't feel too badly for the Lions. Last play of the game, so you know what the call is from where the LOS was. It's a shot to the end zone, and pretty much everyone knows this....except it seems Caldwell. Where were the hands team, ie preparing for an onside kick. Where was Calvin Johnson? He was the first player I thought of in that scenario....I'm pretty sure he wasn't on the field.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. The Lions played stupid D on the last 2 plays but if that face mask isn't called the game is over... literally. So I don't see how you can say it wasn't game deciding.

This. Plain and simple.

What a retarded angle these two cats are slinging.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of the butt burn is coming from Patriot's fans. They just can't handle another quarterback making a nice play and getting some kudos, somehow that just knocks Brady's pedestal down a inch or two.
:thumb:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus lets not forget what is important, I have a fringe playoff fantasy football team, but that last played scored me 12 points(QB's get 1 point for 10 yards, I don't like it but I was out voted). And now I have better shot at sneaking into the playoffs!!! Who gives a shit about the Lions record at this point anyway?

That play got me 28 points from Rodgers (Richard) so that hopefully helps me with this week

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a bad call with the game on the line but simply the wrong call without the importance of its impact on the games final results. The ref wasn't obviously wrong at all until the slo-mo was seen but still its understandable why he called it.

SeizeTheCarp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at game speed, yes...but...thats the problem.

it should be reviewable in these situations...late and close.

and the old rule was better IMO.

So, you're saying, under the current rules, as they stand right now, it was a fair call?

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly, AR faked it and got a chance to win the game....It's still unbelievable to me that the Lions leave a guy wide open in the end zone on a hail mary....
Yes they got ripped on a bad call, but then turned around and went full retard on a play that is almost impossible if paid any attention to...:scratch:

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I'm almost done whining about this, but I wish people would stop with this one. Watch the replay and you'll see, as Rodgers is on his way to the ground after any contact from the defender to his head, his helmet is still straight on his head and his chinstrap is still in place. The helmet was turned and the chin strap came loose when his head hit the ground.
Just illustrating what happened with a "graphic" most can see in simple words. The chin-strap is of minor consequence and was a result of the play. It all happened in seconds, which was very exciting. Lions are playing well and loss like this is like a seal of coaching incompetence. You guys had the game, left GB without TOs. I feel for you, Dad of a longtime friend is hard Lions fan.

Last edited:

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who gives a shit about your fantasy football shit?