• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

larussa charged with dui day before hire

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey reinsdork! SELL THE FUCKING TEAM!

4luzpu.jpg

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

or blown.

i don't know what gives you faith in this jerk. he's fucked this team with his bullshit 'loyalty and friends' method for 30 years. i have absolutely NO faith in this excuse for an owner. the sox are a toy for him and while he CLAIMS to want to win badly it is NOT his primary objective. so, if he wins it happenstance.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing the baseball commissioner is having conversations with the White Sox over La Russa.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read today the Sox interviewed Willie Harris for the manager job prior to hiring Tony La Russa. This gives tokenism a bad name.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing the baseball commissioner is having conversations with the White Sox over La Russa.
Interesting if true. My only question is since the Sox have been quoted as to saying they knew about this in advance - obviously coming directly from TLR - do you think in turn they notified the MLB powers that be to make sure they had the ok to proceed with the hire?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting if true. My only question is since the Sox have been quoted as to saying they knew about this in advance - obviously coming directly from TLR - do you think in turn they notified the MLB powers that be to make sure they had the ok to proceed with the hire?
No, I don't think they told MLB front office. Jerry still has to be reminded who the commissioner is.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I don't think they told MLB front office. Jerry still has to be reminded who the commissioner is.
Well, if they failed to do so, then you're probably spot on. The Commish's office just might intervene here.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bearsfan81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely disgraceful that JR hired him anyway knowing this had happened.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or blown.

i don't know what gives you faith in this jerk. he's fucked this team with his bullshit 'loyalty and friends' method for 30 years. i have absolutely NO faith in this excuse for an owner. the sox are a toy for him and while he CLAIMS to want to win badly it is NOT his primary objective. so, if he wins it happenstance.

Reinsdorf is an average owner. He's won it all once in 38 years...with 30 teams in the league most of them and dealing with competition like the Yankees etc that have HUGE pockets. The Sox have placed above .500 in 20 of his 38 years. He's the quintessential average owner. If he was replaced, it would be a typical "did we get something better with the new owner" argument...who would have to be above average in terms of on-field results to prove such.

Loyalty is one of the few things that actually is appealing about Jerry. So THAT being one of the things you despise is really odd to me because it's his only endearing/separating quality or he's just...whatever. If you're good for/to the Sox and/or Bulls, Jerry is going to make sure you are taken care of. I'm not sure why you hate this so much. I mean, yes it has its downsides (John Paxson being the most egregious example), but this is usually a good thing.

LaRussa is a very suspect choice. I am fully in agreement. His age is the main reason...and it's a good reason. But let's not lose sight of reality: LaRussa is the best coach we've signed in my lifetime even at 77. So you are knocking it, but as far as I'm concerned we've never had a better that I've seen with my own eyes. (I'm 41 for perspective) I'd love to see an argument that any of the guys we've had at manager over the past 41 years could hold LaRussa's jock, other than LaRussa himself.

Were there better managers available? Yes, probably...but those that were better did have their own question marks as well (Astros controversy surrounded Hinch). And in the end, nothing is certain. I'm just gonna let it play out. I would have never chose LaRussa because of his age. But it's not like the Titanic is sinking. On paper, we IMPROVED at manager, by a large amount. Renteria was f*cking clueless. This is like trading in a Pinto for a Cadillac...Yeah, a Ferrari would have been nice, but it's still a Cadillac.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reinsdorf is an average owner. He's won it all once in 38 years...with 30 teams in the league most of them and dealing with competition like the Yankees etc that have HUGE pockets. The Sox have placed above .500 in 20 of his 38 years. He's the quintessential average owner. If he was replaced, it would be a typical "did we get something better with the new owner" argument...who would have to be above average in terms of on-field results to prove such.

Loyalty is one of the few things that actually is appealing about Jerry. So THAT being one of the things you despise is really odd to me because it's his only endearing/separating quality or he's just...whatever. If you're good for/to the Sox and/or Bulls, Jerry is going to make sure you are taken care of. I'm not sure why you hate this so much. I mean, yes it has its downsides (John Paxson being the most egregious example), but this is usually a good thing.

LaRussa is a very suspect choice. I am fully in agreement. His age is the main reason...and it's a good reason. But let's not lose sight of reality: LaRussa is the best coach we've signed in my lifetime even at 77. So you are knocking it, but as far as I'm concerned we've never had a better that I've seen with my own eyes. (I'm 41 for perspective) I'd love to see an argument that any of the guys we've had at manager over the past 41 years could hold LaRussa's jock, other than LaRussa himself.

Were there better managers available? Yes, probably...but those that were better did have their own question marks as well (Astros controversy surrounded Hinch). And in the end, nothing is certain. I'm just gonna let it play out. I would have never chose LaRussa because of his age. But it's not like the Titanic is sinking. On paper, we IMPROVED at manager, by a large amount. Renteria was f*cking clueless. This is like trading in a Pinto for a Cadillac...Yeah, a Ferrari would have been nice, but it's still a Cadillac.
Your medication arrived!

Great post Jiddy - thanks for the thoughts.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ok - now the Sox are saying that once the case reaches a conclusion they will have something to say. Frist, you don't need to wait for a verdict to know what Tony did was reckless and wrong. Second - leaving it this way sounds like they may fire him if he's found guilty. And thirdly - the Sox don't move forward in putting the team together until the verdict comes in - is not very good.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ok - now the Sox are saying that once the case reaches a conclusion they will have something to say. Frist, you don't need to wait for a verdict to know what Tony did was reckless and wrong. Second - leaving it this way sounds like they may fire him if he's found guilty. And thirdly - the Sox don't move forward in putting the team together until the verdict comes in - is not very good.

I mean...How the f*ck does some richass mofo like LaRussa not just pay a driver or get a cab? It's a goddamn pittance to him. FFS. People do the dumbest sh*t.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

to a degree loyalty is generally a good thing. if one deserves loyalty, and reciprocates responsibly it can be great. i guess it depends on whether you think reinsdork owes anything to the people he makes money off of … his investors (us) so to speak. do you have any doubt that the sycophant kenny williams has been detrimental to this team for years? i certainly don’t. loyalty has kept him where he is. this kind of loyalty is not a good thing. people have been put in positions of incredible importance in this country because they are “loyal”! you think this is a good thing? it’s cost this team and its fans dearly for years. there’s nothing appealing to me in that. loyalty has now brought us larussa who you see as the best coach hire of your lifetime. i personally don’t fully agree with you. you want an argument? personally i think gene lamont (258-210) was as good as larussa while with the sox, maybe better. if you don’t remember him he was the guy fired after 30 games after the strike season so terry bevington could take over. only time will tell if a 77 year has been who hasn’t managed in 9 years is the best you have seen.

and you think jr is an average owner? imo you’re way off base. this is a guy (a billionaire) who has owned this team for 30 years in the third largest city in this country! his record is dismal! most (all really) of this comes from his choices of personnel. people he ‘likes’. fuck using the best people you can get! use the undeserving, untalented guys (kw stands out here) because they are ‘loyal’! don’t know about you but this is not the kind of guy i want calling the shots of my team. i believe you can be loyal without fucking your own business. jr cannot!

you say on paper we improved at manager by a large amount. i say you can’t make that claim. if you want to say “in their day’ i’d agree with you. but you can’t say that now. only time will tell and i’m guessing he will end up being a detriment to the team. tuck this away and we shall see.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait......he was busted in February, but they just got around to charging him last week? Have to admit, I'm not experienced in this situation - does it always take 9 months to charge someone for that?
Dude, they had to send the experts in to count your votes......

maxresdefault.jpg

So yeah!