• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

larussa charged with dui day before hire

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to a degree loyalty is generally a good thing. if one deserves loyalty, and reciprocates responsibly it can be great. i guess it depends on whether you think reinsdork owes anything to the people he makes money off of … his investors (us) so to speak. do you have any doubt that the sycophant kenny williams has been detrimental to this team for years? i certainly don’t. loyalty has kept him where he is. this kind of loyalty is not a good thing. people have been put in positions of incredible importance in this country because they are “loyal”! you think this is a good thing? it’s cost this team and its fans dearly for years. there’s nothing appealing to me in that. loyalty has now brought us larussa who you see as the best coach hire of your lifetime. i personally don’t fully agree with you. you want an argument? personally i think gene lamont (258-210) was as good as larussa while with the sox, maybe better. if you don’t remember him he was the guy fired after 30 games after the strike season so terry bevington could take over. only time will tell if a 77 year has been who hasn’t managed in 9 years is the best you have seen.

and you think jr is an average owner? imo you’re way off base. this is a guy (a billionaire) who has owned this team for 30 years in the third largest city in this country! his record is dismal! most (all really) of this comes from his choices of personnel. people he ‘likes’. fuck using the best people you can get! use the undeserving, untalented guys (kw stands out here) because they are ‘loyal’! don’t know about you but this is not the kind of guy i want calling the shots of my team. i believe you can be loyal without fucking your own business. jr cannot!

you say on paper we improved at manager by a large amount. i say you can’t make that claim. if you want to say “in their day’ i’d agree with you. but you can’t say that now. only time will tell and i’m guessing he will end up being a detriment to the team. tuck this away and we shall see.

Gene Lamont eh? Well....If you want to ride that pony go for it. Gene LaMont couldn't hold LaRussa's jock as far as I'm concerned. Unless LaRussa has dementia, he's not all of a sudden just forgot how to manage in baseball. If anything undoes him, it's going to be the clubhouse atmosphere/players don't like him deal...but I have to believe the days of us questioning the lineup card ON A DAILY BASIS-like with Renteria-are over...and the handling of our pitchers/bullpen is going to be light years improved. He's 77 not 90. I think he can handle sitting on his fat ass, eating cornnuts and placing players in their appropriate spots. FFS, our president was going to be that age regardless of which one won. And they've got nukes lol.

So yeah, this isn't some dire "omg the end is nigh" situation. We've improved over Renteria. Thus, we should be better next year with LaRussa. Time will tell on that for some of us, I guess...but I have little doubt of it. I mean, only a Chicago fan would act as if it's end of days about the team improving itself or over a nothingburger (I am guilty of this too many times)...LOL...I know...I know...Situation matters...but it's still high comedy if you think about it.

In other related news...That Sarah Spain needs to chill the f*ck out too. Maybe Jerry will get all the loyalists to blackball her for the lulz.

But yeah, time will tell...If the LaRussa deal falls on it's face hard, I'm revising my 80s jersey that I eventually send to you from Grandal to LaMont.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gene Lamont eh? Well....If you want to ride that pony go for it. Gene LaMont couldn't hold LaRussa's jock as far as I'm concerned. Unless LaRussa has dementia, he's not all of a sudden just forgot how to manage in baseball. If anything undoes him, it's going to be the clubhouse atmosphere/players don't like him deal...but I have to believe the days of us questioning the lineup card ON A DAILY BASIS-like with Renteria-are over...and the handling of our pitchers/bullpen is going to be light years improved. He's 77 not 90. I think he can handle sitting on his fat ass, eating cornnuts and placing players in their appropriate spots. FFS, our president was going to be that age regardless of which one won. And they've got nukes lol.

So yeah, this isn't some dire "omg the end is nigh" situation. We've improved over Renteria. Thus, we should be better next year with LaRussa. Time will tell on that for some of us, I guess...but I have little doubt of it. I mean, only a Chicago fan would act as if it's end of days about the team improving itself or over a nothingburger (I am guilty of this too many times)...LOL...I know...I know...Situation matters...but it's still high comedy if you think about it.

In other related news...That Sarah Spain needs to chill the f*ck out too. Maybe Jerry will get all the loyalists to blackball her for the lulz.

But yeah, time will tell...If the LaRussa deal falls on it's face hard, I'm revising my 80s jersey that I eventually send to you from Grandal to LaMont.
who the fuck is sarah spain?

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and another thing ... ! what do you mean by 'can't carry his jockstrap'? you mean no one else comes close to his managerial genius? just not quite as good? maybe even literally CAN"T carry it? would that be before laundering ... or after? i mean ... who would want to? could YOU carry his jockstrap?
just two things more. are you going strictly by his won lost record? are you figuring in the teams he had?
you know ... larussa couldn't carry casey stengle's jockstrap between. 1949 & 1969 he went 1149 - 696. but stengle's record with not so good teams went 756 - 1146. at the age of 70, after the yankees fired him, he went 175 - 404!

1. don't over-estimate managers based on w-l records.
2. age does things, jid.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My top three White Sox managers of all time - and I'm only able to go back as far as to when I started following them, would be:

Al Lopez
Chuck Tanner
Tony LaRussa

Honorable mentions to Jeff Torborg and Ozzie Guillen. One might wonder why Ozzie would just make honorable mention when he's the only skipper of the bunch who led us to a WS title. Two reasons: 1. We had the talent already in place, especially that incredible rotation, so there really wasn't a hell of a lot for him to manage. 2. Any time a manager or team executive/owner becomes bigger than the team itself, often due to an oversized personality, that's a turn off for me. Ozzie was a good skipper, but he was too much into his own self promotion for my taste.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My top three White Sox managers of all time - and I'm only able to go back as far as to when I started following them, would be:

Al Lopez
Chuck Tanner
Tony LaRussa

Honorable mentions to Jeff Torborg and Ozzie Guillen. One might wonder why Ozzie would just make honorable mention when he's the only skipper of the bunch who led us to a WS title. Two reasons: 1. We had the talent already in place, especially that incredible rotation, so there really wasn't a hell of a lot for him to manage. 2. Any time a manager or team executive/owner becomes bigger than the team itself, often due to an oversized personality, that's a turn off for me. Ozzie was a good skipper, but he was too much into his own self promotion for my taste.
going only by w-l % with the sox it would be:

lopez .564
lamont .551
lemon .525
guillen .524
torborg & manuel .515
larussa .506
tanner .492

going by lifetime records:

lopez .584
larussa .536
lemon .516
guillen .513
manuel .507
lamont .496
tanner .495
torborg .469

obviously lopez is the best sox manager in my baseball lovin’ lifetime. lamont comes in 2nd and lemon 3rd. granted lamont and lemon had limited time in chicago so i can understand not listing them in the top 3 but of the 8 managers listed (didn’t count the big losers like ventura etc.) larussa was next to last in effectiveness for chicago. and btw he had some pretty good players. not sure why you picked tanner at all.

btw i agree about guillen. i loved him as a player, hated him as a manager.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chuck was hired the season after the Sox had their all time worst record. Granted, you could credit Roland Hemond, who was also brought on as GM that same year, for reshaping the roster, but Chuck still had to manage a lot of new faces. I always liked his attitude, he was a very positive, upbeat manager. Question asked, question answered.

BTW, a fascinating little tidbit that I had completely forgot about until I looked up the Sox managerial history was that when TLR was first hired, he replaced.....Don Kissinger. I forgot that Kissinger, almost a lifetime Cubbie, actually managed the Sox, altho it was only about 2/3 of a season.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chuck was hired the season after the Sox had their all time worst record. Granted, you could credit Roland Hemond, who was also brought on as GM that same year, for reshaping the roster, but Chuck still had to manage a lot of new faces. I always liked his attitude, he was a very positive, upbeat manager. Question asked, question answered.

BTW, a fascinating little tidbit that I had completely forgot about until I looked up the Sox managerial history was that when TLR was first hired, he replaced.....Don Kissinger. I forgot that Kissinger, almost a lifetime Cubbie, actually managed the Sox, altho it was only about 2/3 of a season.
i agree everyone liked tanner..

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree everyone liked tanner..
Yeah, make no mistake about it, if we were just going by lifetime record, I obviously wouldn't have listed him. But the subject was favorite manager, at least as far as how each of us determine what's favorable.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No shout outs for Paul Richards?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No shout outs for Paul Richards?
Nope. Before my time - well, that is if we don't count the one embarrassing season in '76 when he attempted a return and 'led' the Sox to a 64-97 record. I'm only going as far back as I can remember following the Pale Hose, which stops at the Al Lopez regime.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Abreu has TLR's back:

While I'm still hoping that TLR voluntarily steps away, in the event he doesn't and the Sox stick with him, the next best thing we can hope for is that the troops rally around him. And it can't get off to a better start than team leader Pito having his back.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Tony gets a day at home - a $1,300 fine and a few weeks of community service. He then pronounces that he can control his drinking. This man and his judgement are rushed to the White Sox dugout to bring Jerry another championship. What could go wrong?