• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Larsson needs a contract by friday

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
difference with skamkos and doughty they arent going to arbitration

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i get what your saying nasty and your right to some extent but lets look at it the other way too....those 3 people pick up and leave? 3 cornerstone franchise players leave once they can? if thats true with gomez why not give him the money lock him up BEFORE he reaches UFA? same with nieds and same with rafalski....rafalski i remember hearing that he wanted to stay here...gomez even commented on that when he signed in nyr...i think he said something "what are they doing with rafalski" rethoricaly.

just stupid that you get to the last year of the players contract and instead of locking the player up at a reasonable price for some reason the devils dont do that!

HOW CAN YOU
let gomez rafalski niedermeyer go into their final year and from what i remember not even hold contract talks? how is that possible?

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
difference with skamkos and doughty they arent going to arbitration

Which would make them substantially more urgent than Parise because teams can file offer sheets for them.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Rafalski and Gomez proved they're not franchise players. Raf by being nothing more than a role player at best, a good one no doubt but a role player. Gomez by well, being Gomez....NY couldn't wait to get rid of him. And again Neids took the same money NJ offered to play with his brother. Family is hard to counter.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Larsson, hasn't been skating yet this summer, so he's prob a bit rusty. Two months til camp for him. Time to kick it into gear

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
if you think that a team will give an offer sheet well then come on....i wish vegas ran a bet on that. i would have bet everything i owned that no team will send an offer sheet. it just doesnt happen. could it? yes will it? no!

tilo i agree to some extent that gomez and rafalski arent "franchise" players. but they fit the system and style in jersey to a t. just like with holik.

i think if rafalski and gomez stayed in jersey they would of continued to play at a productive level.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
if you think that a team will give an offer sheet well then come on....i wish vegas ran a bet on that. i would have bet everything i owned that no team will send an offer sheet. it just doesnt happen. could it? yes will it? no!

tilo i agree to some extent that gomez and rafalski arent "franchise" players. but they fit the system and style in jersey to a t. just like with holik.

i think if rafalski and gomez stayed in jersey they would of continued to play at a productive level.

Raffy was the biggest loss of all, we haven't been able to find someone capable of producing half his point totals.