• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Larry Warford - Offensive ROY

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Larry Warford - OG - Kentucky - was the Lion's 3rd round draft choice this past year.

Pro Football Focus chose him over Eddie Lacy and Keenan Allen because he played every snap on offense without giving up a sack and was a terrific run blocker for Reggie Bush and Joique Bell.

FYI - Les Snead made comments post draft that there was a player that he was trying to trade up for in the third round. It is widely believed that Warford was that player.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI - Les Snead made comments post draft that there was a player that he was trying to trade up for in the third round. It is widely believed that Warford was that player.
I think Snead mentioned that the 2 guys they were looking at if Ogletree wasn't there in Rd 1 were Datone Jones and Larry Warford. I can't find a link for some reason.

I actually think Cordarelle Patterson might end up being the best offensive player of the draft, though, but Warford is a beast.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were also other reports from retired Olinemen that worked with him and said that he's the best they'd ever seen coming out of college......can't always be right but when you are it feels good

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't on this site pre draft last year but did months conversing on another site. We did a mock over there where each team was represented by a different member. A lot of people were really high on Warford and he wound up going #47 overall. I'm not surprised to see his success.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think Gabe Jackson is 14 version of Warford. I would take him if we end up with the Browns 27 pick or ATL second rd pick. I had Warford mocked to us in the second last year.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was screaming for the Rams to take Warford but to no avail. Another excellent lineman we whiffed on.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was screaming for the Rams to take Warford but to no avail. Another excellent lineman we whiffed on.
I'm fine with the Ogletree pick. His athleticism is so freakish that he'll always be making plays and causing turnovers.

The Tavon Austin pick is looking a bit extreme right now. He is really going to have to have a breakout year next year

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never liked that trade up for Tavon. Thought it was foolish at the time and still agree. What do I know though cause I wasn't high on the Bailey pick and didn't think much of Stacy?

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with the Ogletree pick. His athleticism is so freakish that he'll always be making plays and causing turnovers.

The Tavon Austin pick is looking a bit extreme right now. He is really going to have to have a breakout year next year

I too love Ogletree, I think he's a beast. He came in and lead the team in tackles in his rookie year. That says a lot.

I dunno about TA tho, remember how year 2 usually goes for Rams WR's...

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warford was Retro's guy. LOL I liked him too. 65th overall pick in the 3rd round. :L

But we had to have Tavon and give up our 2nd rounder. There were a few guys we could have taken with our 2nd round pick that come to mind:

Eddie Lacy
Warford
Keenan Allen

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep SJ76 Warford, Warmack or Fluker were the guys I wanted. Olgetree worked out for us but imagine what our O-line would be like with Long, Warford, Wells/Jones, Saffold, and Fluker. Kick ass big time and I would have not gone after TA and selected Watkins this year.

Bailey by far will be a better WR in the long-run because TA is always going to have a tendency to be hurt and Bailey catches everything thrown his way and has plenty of speed. There is even a faster guy this year up in Oregon whose name is De'Shay Thompson I believe. This guy is a RB and is about the same size as TA and is way faster. So as I have stated all along, you build a winner from the lines out and right now our O needs the most attention.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Even if we take Warford in the 2nd, still grabbed Ogletree in the 1st and Bailey in the 4th. That still leaves us with the 16th overall pick. I think Tavon will be good, but it's only when he's on the field. And he wasn;t on the field alot on 1st down when we started pounding the rock.

I wish our FO would build a dam good O-line. Warford last year, with a LT this year would have been solid.

And when's a Guard ever won the ROY? Dam!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have watched Warford, Warmack, and Fluker all year when I could and all three are playing at a very high level. Why we didn't pick one last year is beyond me. The Rams have had to have known about Watkins and then they should have passed on Austin. As you have stated, he wasn't on the field that long this year and look how long it took Shittenheimer to finally let Bailey play. If we would have taken one of those lineman we still could have selected Olgetree and our O-line would be further ahead than it is even now. It boggles the mind what the Rams scouting department is thinking. I hope they don't do the same thing this year and eff this whole opportunity up.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know its a bit extreme and won't happen. But say the Rams trade back with Cleveland and get their 2 #1 picks. Then they do as follows:

#4: Jake Matthews
#13: Greg Robinson
#26: Cyrus Kouandjio

I understand that it would be drastic and unrealistic, but how would you guys feel about that draft?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 Offensive tackles?

Robinson is a beast run blocker, but not good at pass blocking. He's getting over-hyped because Auburn did so well this year. But they won ZERO SEC games last year. And their running game was awesome this year.

If we take 3 OT's after trading down, I will be convinced that our FO are idiots.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know its a bit extreme and won't happen. But say the Rams trade back with Cleveland and get their 2 #1 picks. Then they do as follows:

#4: Jake Matthews
#13: Greg Robinson
#26: Cyrus Kouandjio

I understand that it would be drastic and unrealistic, but how would you guys feel about that draft?

If we went online crazy like that I would rather 4. Matthews. Gabe Jackson at 26 & C. Richardson with the second rd pick. Imagine what 2 elite guards would do for our running game. U would Still have 13 to get HaHA. We should have Long and Barksdale back no need for more then one tackle.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robinson is a beast run blocker, but not good at pass blocking. He's getting over-hyped because Auburn did so well this year. But they won ZERO SEC games last year. And their running game was awesome this year.
Yeah, he is probably a RT at the pro bowl. Possibly a dominant one. Auburn's oline also holds a lot (/still bitter) but they usually are able to keep their hands inside.

This is Jeff Fisher. We're going to be lucky if he drafts one lineman in the first three rounds. Its not usually what he does

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warford is a beast but he's not OROY that honor goes to Chargers WR Keenan Allen who's assisted in rejuvenating Phillip Rivers' career. I can think of a few other guys I'd put ahead Warford too. But he's a keeper.

Manziel at 2 or bust for Rams. Unless the Texans take him then take Bortles.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manziel at 2 or bust for Rams. Unless the Texans take him then take Bortles.

again with the manziel or busting, atleast let us get to the combine :L

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SJ, I was more referring to going online crazy than those specific names. But if the Rams took 3 O-Lineman in the 1st 2 rounds would we be upset? I think it could pan out well.