• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Larry Fitzgerald gets 50mil guaranteed

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You including D-Jax as a ST? Cuz he's not a top 5 WR. Roddy White is better then D-Jax by a wide margin.

Andre, White, Fitz, Megatron, Jennings

I don't agree with that. Just because he isn't a traditional receiver doesn't mean he isn't one of the top receivers. You gotta think outside of that little box and look at what he does on a game by game basis. He is one of the most explosive players in the NFL and no one can deny that.

That's like people trying to say that Vick wasn't a top 10 QB last season because he isn't a traditional drop back passer and his passer rating wasn't as good as some.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No denying that Jackson is an explosive player. Maybe the most explosive. And he's a top 10 WR. But he's not better then Roddy. Because of the game by game basis. Jackson disappears in quite a few games. Roddy is a true #1. Consistent every game.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's your opinion but I disagree with it. You're hatred for certain players has no effect on me.

You still haven't proven to me that Dixon isn't a power running back and didn't give any feedback to my analysis based on my prior in game experience and not watching people run. But lets keep that topic in its own thread.

This has nothing to do with hatred and everything to do with the facts that Dixon isn't a power-back and DeSean Jackson isn't the 3rd best WR in the league. I honestly don't know which one is more ludicrous. :wacko:

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No denying that Jackson is an explosive player. Maybe the most explosive. And he's a top 10 WR. But he's not better then Roddy. Because of the game by game basis. Jackson disappears in quite a few games. Roddy is a true #1. Consistent every game.

DeSean Jackson isn't even in Roddy's stratosphere.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Calvin Johnson will easily get as much money as Fitz if not more. He'll be a year younger than Fitz was when he got his deal (unless they franchise him for a season and then he'll be only a month younger). He's also a better WR than Fitz. So younger + better = more money. I'd pay it for him too. I wouldn't pay it for Fitz.

Andre, Roddy, Calvin. After those three there's a big gap IMO. Then you have guys like Fitz, Bowe, Marshall, Jennings, etc.

...I think AJ Green will soon maneuver his way into that big gap.

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerFaitful

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Calvin Johnson will easily get as much money as Fitz if not more. He'll be a year younger than Fitz was when he got his deal (unless they franchise him for a season and then he'll be only a month younger). He's also a better WR than Fitz. So younger + better = more money. I'd pay it for him too. I wouldn't pay it for Fitz.

Andre, Roddy, Calvin. After those three there's a big gap IMO. Then you have guys like Fitz, Bowe, Marshall, Jennings, etc.

I'm sure most people woud disagree with your assessment, but thats why we have opinions. I think Andre and Fits are in a league of their own..... 1 and 1a if you will. Then you have the Megs, White and Jennings. I have a hard time putting Jackson in top 5 catagory. He does completely disappear some games.

On one hand, I struggle with paying anyone Fitz kind of money, but on the other hand, if he was a free agent and the niners picked him up with the same deal, I can't say I would be mad. When is locking down a legitimate, proven, top receiver who is rarely ever injured a bad thing?

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fitz does not belong with Bowe and Jennings. Look at what Fitz did last year with garbage throwing to him. Fitz is a beast. Andre, Roddy, Fitz and Calvin are the clear 4 best WR in the game. Then it's a clear dropoff but Reggie Wayne and Greg Jennings aren't far behind.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fitz is the best of that 2nd tier IMO. Of course he's a great WR. I just think Calvin is better at this point. He's surpassed Fitz.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can start talking about Megatron being in Fitz's class when he sets the playoffs on fire.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Megatron has more skills then Fitz. Hes faster, stronger, can jump higher. However hes still immature and hasnt put it all together. However Andrew Johnson is better then Fitz hands down

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We can start talking about Megatron being in Fitz's class when he sets the playoffs on fire.

I don't think that's entirely fair. Fitz hasn't set the playoffs on fire without a HOF QB throwing to him either. I think this conversation changes a lot if Stafford stays healthy and shows any of his potential this year.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Spot on again. Fitz is a great wr and I'm not bashing him cause lord knows I would love him catching passes in SF but he is 4th behind those fellas listed. Don't know how big of a gap it is, but he is behind them nonetheless.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fitz
Johnson
everyone else

I thought this was good news/bad news for the Niners. Bad news in that there were blurbs that his future in AZ was in doubt, but good news that they've sunk an absurd amount of money into him.

NinerFaitful

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Megatron has more skills then Fitz. Hes faster, stronger, can jump higher. However hes still immature and hasnt put it all together. However Andrew Johnson is better then Fitz hands down

Nonsense. Somehow I think if Megatron was in the NFC west and Fitz was in another division the above opinion might he flip flopped.

BTW - Who is Andrew Johnson?

NinerFaitful

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't think that's entirely fair. Fitz hasn't set the playoffs on fire without a HOF QB throwing to him either. I think this conversation changes a lot if Stafford stays healthy and shows any of his potential this year.

Why would you handicap a WR because of who is throwing him the ball? With that rationale, Jerry Rice would have been mediocre if it wasnt for Montana and Young. Fitz is at a minimum top 3.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's true, but at the same time we can't assume that Megatron will dominate the playoffs the way Fitz did. Fitz was Rice-like in the playoffs when the Cardinals had that run.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nonsense. Somehow I think if Megatron was in the NFC west and Fitz was in another division the above opinion might he flip flopped.

BTW - Who is Andrew Johnson?

Ohh Im sorry I threw a W in there, ANDRE is the best WR in the NFL. and Fitz is better then Megatron but I said Megatron is faster, stronger and I have seen him jump over 3 guys and bring the ball in, I will put $ on this, that Megatron has a career year this year, lets not forget Calvin was 2nd in the NFL with 12 TD's last year compared to Fitz 6Td's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Why would you handicap a WR because of who is throwing him the ball? With that rationale, Jerry Rice would have been mediocre if it wasnt for Montana and Young. Fitz is at a minimum top 3.

Not at all. Rice looked great no matter who threw him the ball, Montana, Young, even Gannon.

Fact is that in order to compare them evenly you have to consider who is throwing the ball. You're comparing Warner to Shaum Hill for goodness sake. You telling me that doesn't affect the production?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I've lost weight and you used to love these jeans. This is about that new little whore in your office!

Baby baby baby. I don't know what got into me. You look great in those jeans. Now lets forget all about that new hire and have a nice dinner.