• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Larry Fitzgerald gets 50mil guaranteed

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Sweet merciful crap! 50 Million!!!???

Wonder how much Megatron's gonna get...

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at least the money is going to a proven vet.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fitz is friggn' amazing, but I wouldn't give him 120 million. That's just too much money IMO.

...I'd give it to Ngata though.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Megs has the tools to be there yes... but IMO he hasn't gotten there.

I don't that's the case at all. You look at what Calvin has done with guys that wouldn't make 3rd string throwing the ball to him and it is amazing. He made Shaun Hill almost look like a real QB for goodness sakes.

There are on exactly the same level as far as I'm concerned

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So...you're saying you completely agree with me. ;)

Damn you and you're phrasing things in such a way as to make my argument invalid. If I wanted those tactics used I would have simply started an argument with my wife.

If you don't like that then... well.... well.... You look fat in those jeans

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As accomplished, no. But same talent level, most definitely.

I'd argue that 1120 yards with 12 TDs, while having Hill/Stanton for 13 games. Makes him as accomplished as Fitz's 1137 yards with 6 TDs, while dealing with that mess at QB in Arizona.

In my opinion, that shows that these guys can dominate even with crappy QBs. Either of them could make Alex Smith look like a real QB. That says a lot.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn you and you're phrasing things in such a way as to make my argument invalid. If I wanted those tactics used I would have simply started an argument with my wife.

If you don't like that then... well.... well.... You look fat in those jeans

oh my god! best counter argument ever! psychological win there.

NinerFaitful

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Megatron is not on Fitz's level nor accomplish what Fitz has IMO.

I agree. Megatron may get to the Fitz level, but in my book you have to prove it first. We have seen too many receivers with tallent over the yerars
either piss it away or not work hard enough to get better regardless of skill level. Don't get me wrong, I would think Megatron would look great in a niner jersey, but he still has work to do to get to the Fitz level. BTW-I woul take a Stafford / Hill combo over Anderson / Skelton / Hall / Bartel any day of the week.

And holly crap..... 8 YEARS!!!!! That doesn't happen too often with WR's. Looks like we're going to be dealing with Fitz for the rest of his career.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is an absurd amount of money but I honestly think Fitz has earned it. He is still one of the top WR's in the NFL and likely will not decline for another 4 years.

As for Calvin Johnson, I think he's probably the 4th best WR in the NFL right now. Andre Johnson being 1st, followed by Fitz and D-Jax in 3rd (I'm sure Clyde will hate that one). Calvin's one of the top WR's in the NFL but hasn't been as consistently dominant as these other players. I know his QB situation hasn't been ideal but I don't really like that excuse.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is an absurd amount of money but I honestly think Fitz has earned it. He is still one of the top WR's in the NFL and likely will not decline for another 4 years.

As for Calvin Johnson, I think he's probably the 4th best WR in the NFL right now. Andre Johnson being 1st, followed by Fitz and D-Jax in 3rd (I'm sure Clyde will hate that one). Calvin's one of the top WR's in the NFL but hasn't been as consistently dominant as these other players. I know his QB situation hasn't been ideal but I don't really like that excuse.

That's even more ridiculous than you calling Dixon a power-back.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's even more ridiculous than you calling Dixon a power-back.

That's your opinion but I disagree with it. You're hatred for certain players has no effect on me.

You still haven't proven to me that Dixon isn't a power running back and didn't give any feedback to my analysis based on my prior in game experience and not watching people run. But lets keep that topic in its own thread.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You including D-Jax as a ST? Cuz he's not a top 5 WR. Roddy White is better then D-Jax by a wide margin.

Andre, White, Fitz, Megatron, Jennings