• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Larry Fitzgerald available 2014 offseason

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Cards could be willing to trade Larry Fitzgerald this offseason - CBSSports.com

so according to this article the cards might be in for some full blown rebuilding and might have larry fitz available. Now our team is pretty avg in my opinion when it comes to WRs (minus Percy Harvin) ive been on record by saying that our passing game has been lacking and russell has been running around buying time for our WRs to get open. After 7 games we havent had a receiver catch for 100 yards. Now another thought to this is i hope a good team like the 49ers dont land him because that would be scary. Even a team like the redskins, lions or panthers that can use a player like him could change the race in the NFC so if there are rumors Fitz being shopped especially in the NFC do you guys think we should look into getting him? im in for getting rid of someone like sidney rice to get him

If he goes to the AFC to a team like the Patriots or Colts then its fine with me because we wont deal with him....

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say no, the biggest reason being the salary cap. Seattle has a lot of guys who will be due for pay raises over the next several seasons, they can't be using that money on Fitz regardless of how nice it would be to see him here. I don't believe Arizona would trade him to a team in the NFC West either, without a deal that absolutely blows them off their feet.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love for the Eagles to get a competent QB in the draft and then make a move for Fitz - have a receiving core of Fitz, DeSean and Jeremy Maclin

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason why AZ would be willing to trade Fitz within the division is if they feel he's done like donovan mcnabb was when phil traded with the skins. That or Seattle would have to pay a bigger price than say HOU. Therefore I believe he most likely with end up outside our division. (Unless the 49ers feel he's the missing piece and over pay to bring him in, after all they have lots of draft picks so it wouldn't hurt them)

As for Seattle I don't think we'd do it for two reasons, cap room, making sure we have enough to resign our guys. The last thing we want is for our guys to keep seeing others brought in with huge contracts when people like Browner or Shermans contracts are nearing an end. It would send the wrong message, I think and secondly I don't think Seattle wants to keep giving away draft picks, after all that's how the team turned around and it's how you keep the team young/cheap.

Lastly I will say I just don't know if he can stay healthy, Right now hes already fighting two hamstring inquiries and he's only going to get older. Harvin is 25 so the risk was worth it if we can have him for 4-5 years in his prime while I'm not sure it is for fitz who has already past his.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say no, the biggest reason being the salary cap. Seattle has a lot of guys who will be due for pay raises over the next several seasons, they can't be using that money on Fitz regardless of how nice it would be to see him here. I don't believe Arizona would trade him to a team in the NFC West either, without a deal that absolutely blows them off their feet.

:agree:With our situation I don't see how we could compete with some of the offers they're sure to get.

I've always wanted to see Fitz in a Hawks uniform but I don't see it happening.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone would want him but I think you'd have to go extreme to even get a discussion on Larry Fitzgerald. You would be at an extreme negotiating disadvantage at the point and the Cardinals would make you pay to keep him in the division.

ErrDayI'mRusselin'

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am concerned that the 49ers could get him......Don't they have 2 first round picks in this upcoming draft?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think a first is enough. I'm not sure both is to move him in the division. I give up a good bit for him (probably not two firsts, but enough to compete favorably with two firsts and playing him twice a year).

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am concerned that the 49ers could get him......Don't they have 2 first round picks in this upcoming draft?

First off, we have one 1st round pick, two 2nds, and two 3rds. Secondly, I highly doubt that we get him for salary cap purposes alone. He is owed over 18 mil in 2014, money which we would be better off spending to keep our homegrown talent. Thirdly, although Fitz is a future HOF in my eyes, he isn't worth both the draft compensation it would take and the salary cap hell he would put us through.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My money's on him restructuring in AZ. I doubt he leaves.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he's going anywhere and on the off-chance that he does get traded, it won't be to an NFC West team unless, as FireBreathingMonkey said, they're absolutely sure he's done and trading him in-division won't come back to haunt them. I can't imagine that they think that. Their problem is up front on the offensive line and at quarterback. I don't know how they can evaluate how much Fitzgerald has left in the tank when they don't have a good enough offensive line to allow their quarterback to get him the ball or a good enough quarterback to make their shortcomings at offensive line less of an issue.