• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lamichael James one of seven inactive?

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No role for James? Wow that draft was really bad. @MaioccoCSN: .@MaioccoCSN LaMichael James will be one of 49ers' seven inactive players. When he's healthy, I'm not sure what (if any) role he'll have. Does this mean Lattimore sees some action this year?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMJ is nursing an injury though, wasn't he expected to be out for like 4 weeks IIRC?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmm intersting... I find that odd... at least return duties should be something he can do....

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but maiocco is saying hes expected to be inactive when hes healthy

No he didn't? lol. He said he didn't know what role (if any) he would have when he comes back.. Not he is expected to be inactive when he is healthy.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got a backup olinemen from that draft so don't knock it too much haha.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok i see how i misunderstood that. But still no plans to play is just as good as inactive for me.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not surprising. I don't know if there's a way he can become a lot quicker and faster, but if he's going to be any good in the league that's something he'll have to work on. He's fairly skilled, but IMO not fast enough to make up for his lack of size and direct running.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Good. He scares the crap out of me. I want him off the team as soon as possible. He drives me mad. I don't want HIM cutting into Hunter's workload any. If there's one aspect of his game the coaches would rather have than what Hunter is capable of, I haven't seen it myself.

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good. He scares the crap out of me. I want him off the team as soon as possible. He drives me mad. I don't want HIM cutting into Hunter's workload any. If there's one aspect of his game the coaches would rather have than what Hunter is capable of, I haven't seen it myself.

This, I'm not sure why we even drafted him after we saw what Hunter could do. He's basically a lesser version of Hunter. Maybe he'll show us all something we haven't seen before in a year or so, never know I guess.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
guess not surprising fans are starting on LMJ and "why did we even draft him" stuff. cause it is after the fact and 20/20 is highly available.

was 2012 a bad draft? sure looks like it but i'm not defending it, just commenting on the fan reaction NOW.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
guess not surprising fans are starting on LMJ and "why did we even draft him" stuff. cause it is after the fact and 20/20 is highly available.

was 2012 a bad draft? sure looks like it but i'm not defending it, just commenting on the fan reaction NOW.

A lot of fans reacted that way at the time of the pick. You always assume when people dislike a player that it's a sudden change in opinion based on performance.

When James was drafted Pozz, and others, were much against the pick questioning his fit on the team. That happened within minutes of the pick being announced.

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's probably still too early to say one way or the other, seems 3-4 years is a good indication. But at the time there were a LOT of people who didn't like the Jenkins pick. I wasn't one of them, but it's looking like they were at least right about the first pick.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't dislike the guy. I can't get over that draft.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
LaMichael James - RB - 49ers

LaMichael James expressed frustration with his role via Twitter Tuesday.

James has recorded three rushes for zero yards all season. "Some things I just don't understand at all I don't work at State Farm I'm not trying to be insurance," read the tweet which has since been deleted. James better get used to it. He's well behind impressive Kendall Hunter for the backup job.
Source: CSN Bay Area

Oct 2 - 9:00 AM

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
LaMichael James - RB - 49ers

LaMichael James expressed frustration with his role via Twitter Tuesday.

James has recorded three rushes for zero yards all season. "Some things I just don't understand at all I don't work at State Farm I'm not trying to be insurance," read the tweet which has since been deleted. James better get used to it. He's well behind impressive Kendall Hunter for the backup job.
Source: CSN Bay Area

Oct 2 - 9:00 AM

I'm fine with the frustration aspect because if he's a competitor he should be frustrated and wanting to get on the field.

But why in the world do you ever air that out on twitter? There isn't a single possible good thing that will come from doing that. Like Harbaugh and Roman are going to read his tweet and say "We really need to get LMJ more touches."

If your frustrated about your role you need to keep that between you and the coaches and just keep grinding away doing everything to get better.

Ltrain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Uh oh...now if Harbaugh praises him this week LMJ will be playing for someone else this weekend! Hopefully we get something decent in return after spending a 2nd rounder on him. He filled in nicely for us last year when Hunter went down so he's got value.

michaelwarner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember the day of the draft a lot of long time posters immediately expressing their frustration with the pick. It appeared that LMJ and Jenkins were drafted for SPEED, despite their smaller frames , which seemed to go against the McCloughan model of drafting bigger guys. All that speed and they can't stay on their feet.

That aside, why do they not call plays that play to LMJ's strengths-screens, pass plays to get him in space, Read Option running plays. It's frustrating watching him on runs up the middle or off-tackle where he goes down immediately.