• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lambeau Weather

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 day weather forecast says there's gonna be some snow at Lambeau.

Think the snow helps SF by keeping Aaron Rodgers from getting too pass happy

or

Think the snow hurts SF because SF is a California team and Gore HATES cold weather

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't like this matchup at all.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

or

Think the snow hurts SF because SF is a California team and Gore HATES cold weather

Hurts GB our defense and run game will travel.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

or

Snow has no affect on QB throwing the ball. The biggest factor is wind. The weather looks to be a normal day for that time of year not real cold with temps between 15 to 20 degrees. Depends if it is an early game or late game as a late game will be colder of course in the dark.

Snow can have an affect on the defense more than a teams offense as the offense knows where they are going with pass routes and such and the defense has to react which is not as effective if there is enough snow on the field to cause slipping. As of now it does not look to be much snow.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The 49ers are 3rd in rushing and the Packers are 7th in rushing with the 49ers getting roughly 10 more yards per game. The Packers rush game has been limited with Rodgers not starting as teams have been stacking the box as they have not been worried about the pass. The 49ers are getting 141 yards a game and the Packers 131 but they did put up close to 160 against the Bears with Rodgers back.

So if you are assuming the 49ers are will run good then I would think the 49ers would have to expect the same results with the Packers improved run game

my2cents

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The 49ers are 3rd in rushing and the Packers are 7th in rushing with the 49ers getting roughly 10 more yards per game. The Packers rush game has been limited with Rodgers not starting as teams have been stacking the box as they have not been worried about the pass. The 49ers are getting 141 yards a game and the Packers 131 but they did put up close to 160 against the Bears with Rodgers back.

So if you are assuming the 49ers are will run good then I would think the 49ers would have to expect the same results with the Packers improved run game

Um, hows about no. I wouldn't compare the packer run game against the Bears to what the packers run game will be against the niners.

JPurthe1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Chicago's run defense was ranked 32nd out of 32 teams. I am taking a real guess here but I think the 9ers Defense was ranked a wee bit better, no?

Last edited by a moderator:

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snow has no affect on QB throwing the ball. The biggest factor is wind. The weather looks to be a normal day for that time of year not real cold with temps between 15 to 20 degrees. Depends if it is an early game or late game as a late game will be colder of course in the dark.

Snow can have an affect on the defense more than a teams offense as the offense knows where they are going with pass routes and such and the defense has to react which is not as effective if there is enough snow on the field to cause slipping. As of now it does not look to be much snow.

My original statement is still true. Our run defense is a lot better than yours. And our commitment to the run is greater. Also the Pack defense will have to sell out either on the pass or run as you can't stop both or even slow down both.

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Chicago's run defense was ranked 32nd out of 32 teams. I am taking a real guess here but I think the 9ers Defense was ranked a wee bit better, no?

Our run D has not been all that great. Other teams o-lines have been getting a good push on our d-line. I think we are weak at nose tackle.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Packers 7th ranked rushing offense did not come from playing the Bears 16 weeks in a row

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers 7th ranked rushing offense did not come from playing the Bears 16 weeks in a row

GB ran 19 times for 63 yards against the 9ers the first time they played this year, GB's longest run of the game was 7 yards.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad the game is not the evening game on Saturday. Because that would be even colder. However, Kaepernick does play better at night. And when I say colder, I don't mean that's debilitating. I just mean that I think it affects all players. Maybe those that are more used to it less.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kap owns GB so lets hope he has a big game. Also GB has to worry about Crabtree, Boldin and VD. Didn't have Crabtree last time we played.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We play good defense but if we get the pass rush we got against Atlanta and Arizona, Rodgers will eat us alive. Our run game is non existant and the O Line is an embarrassment. I'd still rather play Green Bay I think than Philly. That Philly D would have Kapernick so flustered it wouldn't even be funny, But the Aaron Rodgers factor still concerns me greatly.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

The rushing offenses might be comparable. The rushing defenses are not. Niners allow 96 YPG, Packers allow 125. That's with the Niners playing the 4th (twice), 5th, 7th, and 11th rushing offenses while the Pack played only the 3rd and 8th (twice) rushing offenses. In fact, the Packers' defensive numbers probably look considerably better than they actually are against the run as they played the 32nd, 30th, 29th, 27th (Steelers and Browns, both of whom GB played), and 24th worst rushing offenses.

Going back to the offenses, the Niners play in the division with the best run D by far, with all three division rivals ranking in the top-10. Only Detroit made the top-10 in the NFC North, and the Bears of course came in last by a decent margin. Putting up 160 yards on the ground against a Bears team that has allowed an average of 161.4 yards per game on the ground isn't saying all that much.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

agree that typically wind is a bigger factor over snow, for QB's throwing the ball. but can't agree with "no affect" (sic?).

also agree with snow affecting the defense more than the offense. especially for WR's running after the catch.