• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Lakers Vs Spurs Apr 16, 2014

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:

All things considered and based on the expectations going in, I really have few complaints. I wanted to see a team that was fun to watch and played hard.

These guys were fun to watch at times, overmatched a lot of the time, but they never gave up and played hard all season.

The fact that through it all, these guys have stuck together and seem to genuinely like each other says a lot about these players and suggests that D'Antoni has done a better job this season than some folks want to give him credit for.

As a result we have found a few keepers.

This was a fun team to watch even when they were getting drubbed, and I do like that these guys stuck with each other through thick and thin.

We certainly have the makings of a great Bench next season.

As for D'Antoni, he only works if he faces the fact that defense, ultimately, is the name of the game and does something about it.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sacre is already under contract for another year so he is not going anywhere and I believe the same goes for Marshall. Everyone else are FAs except for Kobe and Nashwho are both under contract. Henry is a definite keeper and so is Wesley Johnson. Brooks and Kaman will be probably be gone. Everyone else should return but we shall see. Looks like we played a decent game in SA going out with a win. 27-55. Reminds me of 1974-1975.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No such luck yet on Don'tknowi. No announcements of his firing this morning.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a fun team to watch even when they were getting drubbed, and I do like that these guys stuck with each other through thick and thin.

We certainly have the makings of a great Bench next season.

As for D'Antoni, he only works if he faces the fact that defense, ultimately, is the name of the game and does something about it.

I agree 100% re: defense. The thing that folks have to remember is that defense is the reason Rambis was brought in. D'Antoni is at least smart enough to know that defense isn't his strength. The problem was that with all of the injuries, they never got a chance to develop any kind of communication and trust on the defensive end of the floor.

I read in the paper this morning that the Lakers had 13 players miss a total of 359 games due to injuries and illnesses, including 6 that were still out yesterday. That's a lot to overcome, especially with a team that was expected to struggle a bit even if healthy.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No such luck yet on Don'tknowi. No announcements of his firing this morning.

We likely won't hear anything until Saturday at the earliest. Mitch and D'Antoni will be conducting exit interviews today and tomorrow. After that, as the Lakers start preparing for next season, is when they are likely to make a decision re: D'Antoni.

If the Lakers are smart (meaning Mitch is making the decisions), they will "take the temperature" of the players they intend to try and keep and if possible, any FA's they intend to pursue re: whether or not to keep D'Antoni.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We likely won't hear anything until Saturday at the earliest. Mitch and D'Antoni will be conducting exit interviews today and tomorrow. After that, as the Lakers start preparing for next season, is when they are likely to make a decision re: D'Antoni.

If the Lakers are smart (meaning Mitch is making the decisions), they will "take the temperature" of the players they intend to try and keep and if possible, any FA's they intend to pursue re: whether or not to keep D'Antoni.

Do you think they wil bring him back? I am looking forward to next year.