• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lacy will by on my dynasty team.

eliandco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not going to pull punches here. Im a die hard GB fan. 365.25. I had high hopes for GBs running game in the past couple decades. And Im a firm believer that a great passing game is a runningbacks wet dream. Facing spread offenses like Emmitt Smith, instead of a wall of defenders like Barry Sanders or AP. GB running backs have had a top pass offense ..............?forever?
I look at the two real shining moments in our running attack in the last two decades. Batmans 1800 yd year. And Grants 900yds in 9 games in his grand entrance into the hallowed halls of LAMBEAU FIELD........ Both an instance of a good RB, playing his best football of his career. and having Favre ON FIRE!!!!!!! with defenders literally scared of what he is going to do to them... "please don't embarrass us too bad Mr. Favre"..............
We havnt had a blue chip RB yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't get me wrong. Green was good. Alex Green is a great prospect. Starks too. Davenport had huge potential until his ankle broke. Fischer. But then you look at a list of 7th rounders and waiver wire guys... Never have we went and got "The Man". Big. Strong. Jukey, and faster than you'd expect. Like "burner", who I rallied for 3 years to trade for. A RB that makes CBs and Safetys question their career choice. Bull over a LB, then run right past him the next play. We never had that guy.
Davenport could've been that guy but he broke his ankle in his first game in the spot light. We picked up Benson, and all of a sudden you get it!!! A great RB makes a difference. Even though Benson was kinda rode hard and put away wet by da bearz and bungles, he was better than what we had IN A LONG TIME!!! The stats don't completely tell the story. But the difference was very apparent to me. Down goes Benson. ugh. Where did Starks go??? Then we depend on the 2nd year rookie coming off an ACL?!?! Damn it this is GREENBAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not GD Arizona or something!!! Jeeeeeesus Christ!!!
That is what Ron Wolfe must've texted Thompson. Because Thompson, in his own Meizer way, went out and got him some. Surely a lot of Favors were called into the football gods. But Thompson got dibs on Lacy!!!
Lacy is going to enter the season in a battle for touches. But by the end, I think Lacy is going to bring the smackdown on the NFL. With an elite passing game to spread the field. a O-line that seems to be consolidating and growing into their shoes. And FINALLY a RB that can make a defense pay!!! Arm tackles will no longer take our RB down. Holes will form that we never seen before. Lacy will become their worst nightmare! Greenbay fans will be asking "WHY didn't we do that 20 damn years ago, and every 5 -10 years since???

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been hearing that the o line has been practicing quite well opening up some nice holes for the rbs. Hope it keeps up when the games start.

eliandco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been hearing that the o line has been practicing quite well opening up some nice holes for the rbs. Hope it keeps up when the games start.
Our O-line notoriously starts slow. Ever since the zone blocking came to town...Leads me to wonder if its the line run blocking that much better or the RBs being that much better? I believe the games are won in the trenches. but a great RB can transcend.
Glad to hear things are looking better in this department.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey pack fans I actually drafted Lacy on my FF team, so whats the word in camp with him is he really looking good? Will he be a lock for the starting role and be a real contributer in the offense this season?

Stevein2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey pack fans I actually drafted Lacy on my FF team, so whats the word in camp with him is he really looking good? Will he be a lock for the starting role and be a real contributer in the offense this season?

I don't know if he's a lock to start but it seems like MM wants to try and use all of the RB. Lacy looks like a lock to get the carries in the red zone though.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if he's a lock to start but it seems like MM wants to try and use all of the RB. Lacy looks like a lock to get the carries in the red zone though.

MM said recently Harris is the starter, but will have to see what happens in final 3 preseason games to really know. Lacy had some hamstring issues again, but back at practice last 2 days.

cyorgan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect Harris will be the starter going into the season but we might be developing a two-back system similar to Carolina with Williams and Stewart when Stewart was healthy. I'm very excited to see what unfolds.

As for FF, Lacy just might be a good late round pick you can plug in as a flex option at the moment. I think he'll eventually overtake Harris for the starting position, but that might not happen this season. Either way, he'll certainly get his touches; I'm guessing at least 10-15 a game.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MM said recently Harris is the starter, but will have to see what happens in final 3 preseason games to really know. Lacy had some hamstring issues again, but back at practice last 2 days.
Yeah I have him on 2 of my teams and then I saw Harris get the starting nod in last night's preseason game. Made me a bit upset to see that. I thought for sure Lacy would have the upper hand on the starting gig. Any GB fans have local knowledge of what is REALLY going on? It's hard to simply trust what national media says and writes many times.

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I have him on 2 of my teams and then I saw Harris get the starting nod in last night's preseason game. Made me a bit upset to see that. I thought for sure Lacy would have the upper hand on the starting gig. Any GB fans have local knowledge of what is REALLY going on? It's hard to simply trust what national media says and writes many times.

I'm not local but MM still loves Harris. He likes that Harris has the experience in the system, he has good speed, power mix and he did very well for the Packers in the last games of the season when he earned the starting job. While Harris isn't exactly a veteran what he did for GB last year and some of his tools are why McCarthy is still giving him the edge. Plus he wants Lacy to earn the job, not hand it to him

Stevein2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lacy went full out Beast mode last night!

You Mad? The guy you drafted instead due to injury concerns hasn't been able to get on the field. At least Lacy has shown some good things this off season. :lol:

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You Mad? The guy you drafted instead due to injury concerns hasn't been able to get on the field. At least Lacy has shown some good things this off season. :lol:

I really questioned Steelers pick of Bell... considering they stayed away from Lacy due to his toe the pick is even more ironic now.