• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lacrosse?

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw the B10 is adding lacrosse and will have a 6 team league with the affiliation of Johns Hopkins...made me wonder, Iowa does not have a lacrosse team, nor do we have ice hockey. Women also play both sports so wouldn't be hard to add these 4 teams with the money we get from BTN and such...just not sure if they would ever add them. I know we sucked this year, came in last again as the worst sports program overall in the B10.

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say that those teams shouldn't be formed...they'll all make the athletic department lose money. With no fan base, it will be tough to recruit for, and it would be better to improve the current programs and pay all coaches more money.

gengljer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa could easily add both. The athletic department is making tons, and trust me...Iowa has plenty of youth hockey, would be good for the state and youth programs. We have junior teams in Sioux City, Des Moines, Dubuque, Waterloo, Cedar Rapids, Lincoln and Omaha. In case you haven't noticed, NHL has become quite an attraction south of Canada. It would be good to have Iowa. Plenty of youth hockey around the state.

LaCrosse would be a harder sell as I don't believe any Iowa High School has a team.

I vote to add Hockey, and consider LaCrosse.