• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LA not looking good for 12 title....so far...

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Los Angeles fans have seen 11 titles hoisted in their city. This year, the claim is/was that it would get its 12th, albeit from Doc and the Clips.

So far, the Clippers have been horrible on the defensive end. And that leads to mediocre ville. Suddenly, they are two teams in LA with the worst defense in the league. But for the clips, a young team, thats an even worse situation.

LA chances to win #12 ?? It will rest solely on the Clips over the next few years, and for that to take place, they need to play some D

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't sweat it. Things are so bleak for Celtics fans that they have to resort to trolling the Clippers!!:lol:

The 1st half of the season probably will be bad for the rebuilding Celtics, but Olynyk and Faverani will improve the team's boardwork, and Sullinger appears to over his injury. So come the 2nd half of the season they could be a
tougher team than they have been for YEARS! Especially if Rondo gets back to even half of what he used to be!

GO CELTICS! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 1st half of the season probably will be bad for the rebuilding Celtics, but Olynyk and Faverani will improve the team's boardwork, and Sullinger appears to over his injury. So come the 2nd half of the season they could be a
tougher team than they have been for YEARS! Especially if Rondo gets back to even half of what he used to be!

GO CELTICS! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

That's all well and good but who is going to score? Celtics are going nowhere, and tougher than they have been in years? Without Garnett and Pierce? I want some of what you are smoking.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why cant Doc get these guys to play better D?

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's all well and good but who is going to score? Celtics are going nowhere, and tougher than they have been in years? Without Garnett and Pierce? I want some of what you are smoking.

Celtic tradition you should be aware is not to be overly dependent on any single player's scoring ability.

BALANCED scoring with everyone on the floor getting opportunities has been their thing since before I moved to Boston 40 years ago.

BTW, KG, Pierce and Jason Terry are all past their primes, as Nets fans will learn before the season's over.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why cant Doc get these guys to play better D?

Because it's the Clippers!!

Seriously though, I think Doc will eventually get them to step up their defense, it's just going to take more time than many thought!! The success that the Clippers have had over the past few season has been built almost exclusively on offense. That is their mindset. Doc has to overcome that.

NADAL2005RG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clippers have beaten Golden State, Houston TWICE, and lost by only 5 @ Miami. For a season this young, very impressive Clippers. If the D is so horrible, its a great sign that we already have the upper hand vs Golden State and Houston, and close to Miami.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Celtic tradition you should be aware is not to be overly dependent on any single player's scoring ability.

BALANCED scoring with everyone on the floor getting opportunities has been their thing since before I moved to Boston 40 years ago.

BTW, KG, Pierce and Jason Terry are all past their primes, as Nets fans will learn before the season's over.

Yes, but even with balanced scoring guys need to put the ball in the hoop. I just don't see enough all around firepower for the Celts to go very far (in spite of them winning over the Heat in a big choke job last night).

And yes, KG and Pierce are past their primes, but provided a consistency and toughness down the stretch that I think the Celtics will miss.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trojan, I could not agree with you more. Doc needs to show them the Pacers stats on D. Thats why they are undefeated

NADAL2005RG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I don't think the Nets expected prime KG or prime PP. Their owner may be relatively new to the NBA, but he knew who these guys were. He got them because he promised the Nets would win a championship within 3 years, and the only way to upgrade the Nets roster quickly was to take any talented veteran he could get. Plus I think KG and PP still both have valuable skills, basketball IQ and enough athleticism. I would have been very happy if the Clippers found a way to nab them. Far better than DJordan.