• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyle Williams... at least he didn't muff a punt

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nonsense... KW killed our NFC title/SB chances that year...... ELI FUCKING MANNING had nothing vs our Defense.... but nooo KW was there true deep threat... ahhhhhhh still pissed...

He did throw for over 300 yards and 2 TD's vs the D. They had no answer for Cruz.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Did you cringe every time Gore gets the ball because he has fumbled before? What about Joe Montana throwing a pass because he had thrown some shitty picks in his day? The guy had a bad game, but hasn't had any mistakes since. Why the fear. I still think he is the best option at returning right now.

and if he is, then he should continue till someone can beat him out.

KW's chances of F'ing up are about same as anyone else, he isn't perfect. but for now we have to play our best punt returner. he doesn't need return yards, first make a good decision, then secure the ball. he catches punts much better than LMJ, maybe Cox can do it later? Patton later?

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kyle Williams - WR - 49ers

49ers WR Kyle Williams' offensive snaps took a significant dip in Thursday night's Week 4 win at St. Louis.

Williams was playing about 75 percent of the downs coming into the game. He only played 32 percent against the Rams, as the 49ers tried to work Quinton Patton into the mix more. Unfortunately, Patton left the game with a foot injury after playing only seven downs. The Niners are clearly mixing and matching at No. 2 wideout. Jon Baldwin played 16 snaps in his season debut.
Source: Sacramento Bee

Sep 27 - 2:47 PM

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Williams - WR - 49ers

49ers WR Kyle Williams' offensive snaps took a significant dip in Thursday night's Week 4 win at St. Louis.

Williams was playing about 75 percent of the downs coming into the game. He only played 32 percent against the Rams, as the 49ers tried to work Quinton Patton into the mix more. Unfortunately, Patton left the game with a foot injury after playing only seven downs. The Niners are clearly mixing and matching at No. 2 wideout. Jon Baldwin played 16 snaps in his season debut.
Source: Sacramento Bee

Sep 27 - 2:47 PM

I know i it sounds like winning but can't wait to move on from him. We just need to find a new person to call for a fair catch.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I know i it sounds like winning but can't wait to move on from him. We just need to find a new person to call for a fair catch.

I LIKE the fact he catches punts cleanly. he wasn't forced to make 'tough' decisions first, but catching the ball clean is very good by itself.

i'm ok with him fair catching, and didn't think there were obvious return opportunities? IMO a punt returners main job is securing the ball, not getting return yards.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I LIKE the fact he catches punts cleanly. he wasn't forced to make 'tough' decisions first, but catching the ball clean is very good by itself.

i'm ok with him fair catching, and didn't think there were obvious return opportunities? IMO a punt returners main job is securing the ball, not getting return yards.

I'm ok with fair catch if you don't see opportunity for return but he's had a handful of reruns opportunities with at least ten yards between the closets guy. He doesn't provide any offense. Id love to see Parrish Cox try to return a few.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We should sticky a thread with Deepisms like "A punt returner's job is to secure the punt cleanly, any return yards after are gravy" and "A QB should be judged based on how well he throws the ball, any rushing yards are gravy." That way Deep can just link to that thread rather than have to post the same wisdom over and over :)

As for the topic at hand: Kyle Williams scares me every time he goes back to catch a punt. I'm looking forward to having him and Lamichael James off the team, both are supposed to provide us something on offense and special teams but they both never make much of a positive impact.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We should sticky a thread with Deepisms like "A punt returner's job is to secure the punt cleanly, any return yards after are gravy" and "A QB should be judged based on how well he throws the ball, any rushing yards are gravy." That way Deep can just link to that thread rather than have to post the same wisdom over and over :)

As for the topic at hand: Kyle Williams scares me every time he goes back to catch a punt. I'm looking forward to having him and Lamichael James off the team, both are supposed to provide us something on offense and special teams but they both never make much of a positive impact.

ok, I admit i'm repetitive and its not on purpose.............but glad it stuck in your mind.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm ok with fair catch if you don't see opportunity for return but he's had a handful of reruns opportunities with at least ten yards between the closets guy. He doesn't provide any offense. Id love to see Parrish Cox try to return a few.

why cox isn't returning kicks is beyond me.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i like gravy and we need more gravy in the return game

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Williams is currently averaging 0.61 receiving yards per route run, which ranks T-92nd out of 94 WRs. Boldin is 4th at 2.45 YPRR #49ers

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
deep looks more like a ketchup kinda person

gravy? of course I like gravy! not saying don't return it at all, but am ok if he fair catches it. the last thing we need is for KW to turn it over.

ketchup? actually, don't use too much condiments? I prefer fries with no ketchup, hotdogs without mustard, and no steak sauce on my steaks.