• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyle Williams... at least he didn't muff a punt

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
What I wouldn't give for a time machine and a good enough offer for the Panthers to trade Steve Smith.

Anyway, I've never thought the guy was any good at WR (and I caught some grief for that), but should I cut the guy some slack because it was his first game back from an injury? Or is Kyle who we thought he were?

Last edited by a moderator:

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I was surprised he got so much playing time...

How many reps did he get in the pre-season, did he even have a catch in the pre-season?

I was more disappointed in Marlon Moore than I was in Williams...

Reefer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I miss something today? I thought he played as expected, especially coming back from injury. He made a few nice catches today, handled the punts fine with James out and had his man beat for 6 and Kaep's pass was underthrown. He is not a #2 WR, but I think if Manningham and Crabtree are healthy then he fits in nicely as a 4th or 5th WR with Patton. Not sure I understand the hating on him for today.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Did I miss something today? I thought he played as expected, especially coming back from injury. He made a few nice catches today, handled the punts fine with James out and had his man beat for 6 and Kaep's pass was underthrown. He is not a #2 WR, but I think if Manningham and Crabtree are healthy then he fits in nicely as a 4th or 5th WR with Patton. Not sure I understand the hating on him for today.

Just to be clear, I'm not hating on Williams...

I was just surprised he got so much playing time...

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup Marlon Moore played not too well today. If he continues to not get open then it is time for Patton who is better anyway. When Manningham comes back Moore will probably be the one to go. And when Crabtree comes back it will be Harper or Baldwin

Reefer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to be clear, I'm not hating on Williams...

I was just surprised he got so much playing time...

I didn't think you were, I was just surprised to see a thread about him after today. I would have thought we see more Patton and Moore and less Williams, but I thought he looked better than I expected coming of the injury and not playing in the preseason.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I was disappointed we didnt see more patton. he looks like the better receiver, especially over moore

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think people need to chill out about Kyle a little bit. He's been injured for months. Let him get back into the groove of things. I still think he can be a weapon as a slot guy with us. Next week I'd like to see Boldin/Patton outside and Williams in the slot.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
where is patton? kyle can't catch, catch block, can't do shit.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He was also interfered with on that play. Shields definitely got there early.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think people need to chill out about Kyle a little bit. He's been injured for months. Let him get back into the groove of things. I still think he can be a weapon as a slot guy with us. Next week I'd like to see Boldin/Patton outside and Williams in the slot.

Exactly. I think he is a slot guy, but was playing outside all day. That isn't is strong suit.

I don't get why everyone was hating on him at all. Did he not return a punt far enough? Did he underthrow the ball to himself to miss a wide open TD? He made a couple plays, but the way Boldin and Davis were playing, there wasn't gonna be much room for anyone else to have a big game. I would have liked to see Vance get a couple more shots though.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big pass play he missed was just under thrown and the DB made a play on the ball. It was borderline Interference considering he swatted down on Williams arm before the ball arrived, but it was not enough to get the call I guess. If Kaep threw the ball a bit deeper Kyle would have been in the endzone with it.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
where is patton? kyle can't catch, catch block, can't do shit.

he fielded punts well....unless I missed something? I DID miss a few plays during the game.

anyway, we don't appreciate punt returners enough......till they F up.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on what one's expectations were for KW... when healthy, I personally never saw him more than a #3 WR....

He's playing #2 based on injuries and experience over the others... the Pattons/Moores were perhaps not as good as advertised but to be fair, Kap n Boldin were on a stellar connection throughout the day so what you expect? if Boldin is racking up serious rec yards, wouldn't expect much from the others right?

there'll be games where the defense will try to take Bolding out thus leaving the other WRs as targets and thats' where we'll find out how screwed we are...

I would like to see Baldwin get some burn too but its only gm 1 of the season...

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
for me, never expected KW to be a #1 or #2 WR?

did think he might become that quick slot receiver ala Welker? as long as he's GOOD at punt returning, fine with me in interim.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one who still has a panic attach every time he returns a kick?

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At some point this season, KW will turn a 3-5 yard pass into a 60 yard TD and will be loved by all 49er fans. KW is the speedy receiver in the 49er receiving core. I know its not saying much, but his an upgrade over Teddy Ginn!

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one who still has a panic attach every time he returns a kick?

Did you cringe every time Gore gets the ball because he has fumbled before? What about Joe Montana throwing a pass because he had thrown some shitty picks in his day? The guy had a bad game, but hasn't had any mistakes since. Why the fear. I still think he is the best option at returning right now.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nonsense... KW killed our NFC title/SB chances that year...... ELI FUCKING MANNING had nothing vs our Defense.... but nooo KW was there true deep threat... ahhhhhhh still pissed...